JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Christian Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/)
-   -   Valentines Day (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f44-christian-parenting/2704899-valentines-day.html)

Countrymom4 January 23rd, 2014 09:42 PM

Valentines Day

Anyone doing anything for Valentines day <3 ?

SkyBaby January 24th, 2014 08:44 PM

Re: Valentines Day

My csection is scheduled that day, but I'm praying I go into labor before then lol. DH and I usually stay in on v-day and order a really nice pasta dinner delivered from our local pasta restaurant. If I'm not busy being operated on, we will probably do that again this year.

rachelc0 January 27th, 2014 09:36 AM

ah no :) we don't celebrate Valentine's day in our home (and i don't think DH complains). i've never understood the concept of that one day where the majority of woman expect our SO's to give us flowers and chocolate and diamonds. i don't need any of that mushy stuff to know he loves me when he says it 100x a day. so besides the fact that the kids to Valentine's day at daycare, it will be a normal day for us.

#5in2005 January 27th, 2014 10:47 AM

I disagree. I think Valentines day is a great day for those that normally don't go out of their way for their spouses to do something nice. (not diamonds, or overpriced flowers, just a gesture)

That said, dh and I never go out on valentines day....we always have a candlelit dinner.....with just the 7 of us :D since they are my favorite people. We set the table nice, go around the table saying one thing we love about that person, and have chocolate fondue for dessert.

We never did the flower thing, but last year dh's friend that's has a grown daughter told him he bought flowers for his wife and daughter every year, so now dh was kind of thinking he'd start doing that once they turn 16. Which I thought was sweet.

Rainbow Momma January 27th, 2014 02:01 PM

Im not sure if we have anything planned reall. we've been way too preoccupied with ttc to remember it was even close lol

Countrymom4 January 27th, 2014 08:25 PM

Usually we don't do anything either. I am not sure what day it is even on :lol:

ZaydensMomma February 10th, 2014 11:37 AM

We usually don't celebrate Valentine's Day. But I hope we do go out to dinner. :D
I'm in mood of 5 lbs crawfish dinner!!!! :lol:

aect-mama February 11th, 2014 02:46 PM

Yum crawfish! :D (umm... Nevermind. The thought just turned my stomach. :sick:)

Takeout at home sounds nice if my m/s doesn't get the best of me. Justin and I usually exchange notes or cards but that's it. Before we had kids we made it a bigger deal but now we'd rather spend our limited time and money celebrating Mercy Jane's birthday.

I may end up doing something fun and crafty with the kids on Friday though. Maybe we'll bake cookies.