JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cloth Diapering (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/)
-   -   Sunbaby Issues (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/2569169-sunbaby-issues.html)

Leanne78 September 4th, 2012 07:54 AM

Sunbaby Issues

Has anyone else had problems with Sunbaby diapers? Mine are soooo cute, but they leak something awful. I've tried a variety of different inserts & combos of inserts and the pee always wicks out of the legs and into the cover material, drenching the outside back. They are the only pockets I have that get soaked on the outside like this. Have yet to even have a BG get damp. I'm still using them, but only for very short periods of time. Had one on Akadia for only an hour last night while we were out and had to run her to the bathroom to change it out because it got wet on the outside and I could feel it through her pants. I did dry them all last night to see if that would help. I don't think it's an issue with the PUL though, it just seems the pee soaks right through the inside material to the outside material that it is touching in the leg area. Not sure why I don't have the same problem where the materials meet on the BG's.

katylady September 4th, 2012 08:36 AM

Re: Sunbaby Issues

hope someone is helpful...I don't have any problems with mine

Leanne78 September 4th, 2012 09:09 AM

I've been doing a bunch of searches online and there seem to be a lot of people with the same problem. At least I only bought 6 of them and they are still cute for short uses. They also might work fine on the new baby. Just not cutting it on Akadia at all.

shen7 September 4th, 2012 09:28 AM

I think all the china cheapies have batch issues. For every brand I've seen glowing reviews that they are perfect, as well as multiple complaints that they leak, fall apart quickly, or had manufacturing defects of some kind. Hope they work better on your newbie!

Memi September 4th, 2012 10:10 PM

Most of my stash is Sunbabys and I also have several BGs for daycare. I don't have any issues with either and can't notice a difference in the quality as far as leaks or such :( I'm sorry you're having bad luck with them. We're they bought used? Or at the same time from the site? If so I agree it may be a bad batch. I've heard 1-2 other people that ordered during manufacturing changes that had issues. I'd try to email Sun Pei about it. She is very fair and often will trade in dipes if there are manufacturing problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Gripstress September 4th, 2012 11:08 PM

You didn't buy them from Sun Pei though right? I'd contact the seller and see if they can contact Sun themselves. I'm sorry you are having issues. I've heard many good things and a few awful things so I think sometimes they have bad maufacturing days. Sorry you aren't having better luck:(

Erin.minus.thyroid September 4th, 2012 11:43 PM

ours dont work so great either. i really liked them when my baby was small because they were nice and trim but that was when she didnt pee a ton yet. Now that she pees a lot they dont work so great for us anymore. We have the bamboo inserts which I use sometimes in our rumparooz pocket and it doesnt seem to be the inserts that are the problem (i double up on the inserts anyway) but the PUL on the sunbabies doesnt seem to be waterproof. I only have 3 of them and they are now back up diapers when we need them.

Leanne78 September 5th, 2012 06:40 AM

Yeah, I didn't buy them directly from Sunbabies, but they are brand new. I dried them all on high yesterday, so I'm going to give them another go and see if that helps at all. My daughter may just be too heavy of a wetter at this point and they are noticeably narrower through the crotch than her other diapers. Hoping the heat helped seal something because these are Akadia's "go to" diapers. Lol. She loves the prints, so when she needs a new diaper, she always goes and picks her own out and it's almost always one of her Sunbaby diapers.

Gripstress September 5th, 2012 06:33 PM

LOL that she has her own "go to" dipes. Hope the heat helps seal them up.

stargatemommy September 5th, 2012 08:17 PM

I have mostly Sunbabies and never have any leaking. I would contact the seller, it sounds like you got a bad batch....

Belita September 5th, 2012 09:01 PM

Awww, so cute of Akadia! :wub:

-LovingLife- September 5th, 2012 09:21 PM

I've heard that sometimes they need to be stripped even before first use to get rid of any residues that could cause leaks. And then "sealing" the PUL is always a good idea.