JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cloth Diapering (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/)
-   -   Your Reasons (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/2637354-your-reasons.html)

jhmomofmany March 24th, 2013 09:11 AM

Your Reasons

Why do you use cloth?

Irish_Wristwatch March 24th, 2013 10:00 AM

Re: Your Reasons

to save money, they are better for the environment, and better for my childrens skin, overall health (no chemicals ect)

shen7 March 24th, 2013 10:19 AM

Better for the environment, I hate trash and am very aware of reducing my waste. They are more comfortable for babies IME (my DD definitely prefers them over disposables!!) and also cuter :) I may actually save money after reusing my stash on #2 as well ;)

MamaLemonade March 24th, 2013 10:29 AM

My dd had sensitive skin and It was better for her

LABs March 24th, 2013 11:49 AM

We started because it was cheaper. We loved it because our baby had such sensitive skin and she never had rashes. It was more convenient for me to do a load of laundry then go to the store. Her cute clothes were filled out better. I didn't have to ever worry about leaks and stains on clothing. We couldn't afford a lot of clothing and cding made the clothing last.

alittlelost March 24th, 2013 12:24 PM

I would say because it's "cheaper" (and it certainly COULD be...) but for me, it will probably cost close to the same up front, and then maybe I'll make some money back in resale... but they are so CUTE (hence why it might not be cheaper for me lol)

I do like that it's better for the environment and baby's skin, too, but of course, cloth diapering isn't the only green way to diaper or handle sensitive skin care needs.

Karen78 March 24th, 2013 07:25 PM

Cost savings, better for the enviroment, and cuteness!! I also don't get mad if my son poops right away in a clean diaper. When I used disposables when he was a newborn, I remember thinking "ugh! I JUST put that on you!" and I'd go through so many diapers and be mad about the money I was wasting. I'm looking forward to using cloth right from the start with this new baby! :)

MerinSun March 24th, 2013 08:11 PM

Completely for the money. I will be a SAHM when this new one is born and we're trying to streamline our expenses more to prepare. Cloth makes the most sense. Years ago I had us cut out using paper towels and napkins in favor of using more wash cloths and cloth napkins. It's been an adjustment but it makes me feel better knowing that I don't have to worry about buying any more diapers :)

Social Halfwit March 24th, 2013 08:26 PM

I'm choosing to CD with Future Baby because I hated using disposables on my sons. They always got awful diaper rash, blowouts, stained clothes... and it was so expensive! With cloth.. I will probably have most if not all the diapers I will *need* before we even start TTC. Then I can get the extra cute ones. If we decide to have another, I won't have to buy another stash. If we don't have another, I can resell mine.

Plus I want to start making them and then I can give them as gifts or sell them, which would be great.

helios March 25th, 2013 11:30 AM

I use them mainly to produce less garbage. I also wanted to be able to use them for future children, as a cost saving measure. An added bonus is that my DS never gets bum rashes in cloth, but always does in disposables.

irishblessing March 25th, 2013 01:29 PM

I use them mainly because they are healthier and create less waste. They are also so much cuter!

MissusF April 16th, 2013 11:06 PM

We use them to save money. I'm also happy that all the disposable diaper waste isn't going into the landfill and she isn't exposed to the chemicals in sposies.

crawmommy April 17th, 2013 03:08 AM

I will use them primarily to save money but I do love that I am helping the environment at the same time :)

Memi April 17th, 2013 07:39 AM

To save money and because they're so darn cute and addicting. Being eco-friendly is just a bonus.

Mountain Momma April 17th, 2013 09:09 AM

Started to save money and also to stay away from all the nasty chemicals that can be in disposables!

ratladee April 17th, 2013 10:30 AM

Cause it's cute and I can :)

kbpeanut April 17th, 2013 03:16 PM

Eco-friendly and they are cute as heck!

AnnaBonana April 17th, 2013 07:29 PM

I don't yet but want to when we have our first.

Primary reason is CUTENESS. They are so adorable and fun. Next in line is that DH and I want a large family so, while it may not save money for the first, the second, third and additional kids will definitely save us!

And the Eco friendliness is a bonus. I've only recently become more aware of environmental issues and I'm glad our babies won't be causing massive pileups of diapers in landfills.

WorkerBeeMama April 18th, 2013 01:55 PM

Basically we are doing it this time because I wanted to try it. It's my last child and I wanted the experience of cloth diapering. It is cheaper (although depending on how many diapers you end up buying, it can be more cost effective for some than others) and it is better for the environment. But it is really cute and fun and I just wanted to do it. I hope I enjoy it!

IronMamma April 21st, 2013 07:44 PM

First of all, I think cloth butts are adorable! :wub: I love that they are reusable, so they are better for the environment, I love that they are chemical free and they are much better on the skin. I feel that it is more comfortable for my son vs a standard diaper. It saves us money too which is a bonus!