JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cloth Diapering (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/)
-   -   Detergent?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/2644093-detergent.html)

crawmommy April 17th, 2013 06:56 PM

Detergent??

what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers?
what type of water do you have hard or soft?
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why?

LABs April 17th, 2013 10:39 PM

Re: Detergent??

I use tide. We don't have treated water. I use a very small amount and its great! I used special detergent when my girls were babies and didn't notice a difference honestly!

alittlelost April 18th, 2013 11:18 AM

I'm going to be using the bum genius detergent, mostly because I like that it omes with the cloth diaper size scoop.

WorkerBeeMama April 18th, 2013 12:51 PM

I just bought Charlie's powder. We currently use method free and clear. I will probably switch over to just Charlie's powder once we are done with our method detergent or when it's time for me to start stripping the cloth diapers I bought. I figure it is just easier that way.

I used to use tide and loved it. We have some sensitive skin folks in our family (Josh and Sophia) so we do better with a really mild detergent.

Memi April 18th, 2013 02:58 PM

I use regular Tide powder for everything (CDs and clothes). I've had no problems with it, I'd rather not have to mess with ordering specialty detergent just for my diapers and I like only having one detergent to use for everything.

crawmommy April 19th, 2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memi (Post 27297587)
I use regular Tide powder for everything (CDs and clothes). I've had no problems with it, I'd rather not have to mess with ordering specialty detergent just for my diapers and I like only having one detergent to use for everything.

Do u have hard water? And what kind of diapers do u use?

Memi April 19th, 2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawmommy (Post 27298898)
Do u have hard water? And what kind of diapers do u use?

I use pockets mostly but also AIOs and prefolds for the newborn stage. I would classify our water as hard but not super-hard water.

crawmommy April 19th, 2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memi (Post 27298948)
I use pockets mostly but also AIOs and prefolds for the newborn stage. I would classify our water as hard but not super-hard water.

How much detergent do u use?

IronMamma April 21st, 2013 06:41 PM

I just use tide (DH is allergic to any other detergent). I was wondering if I should use bum genius detergent, but tide is working pretty good.

MissusF April 21st, 2013 10:55 PM

what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers? Currently I use All Free and Clear or Charlie Banana powder when I remember.
what type of water do you have hard or soft? Hard
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why? I won two tubs of Charlie Banana diaper soap so I use that sometimes, but otherwise I use some sort of liquid free and clear detergent for our clothes and diapers. I've used Tide, All and Costco brand and they all work just as well so it's just easier than having to order special diaper soap.

kbpeanut April 25th, 2013 03:09 AM

what brand of detergent do you use to wash your cloth diapers? Rock N Green
what type of water do you have hard or soft? Soft
Do you use same detergent for diapers and regular clothes? If not why? We use 3 kinds :eek: Dreft for me and DH clothes, BabyGanics for DS things, and RNG for CD. We really just wanted to try the Dreft so bought a small container, that's why we have 3 kinds. When its gone we will go back to BabyGanics for ours and Ds stuff, I don't love the Dreft as much as BG.

alittlelost April 25th, 2013 05:47 AM

I hear great things from a lot of mamas about just using regular tide :)

MamaLemonade April 25th, 2013 11:12 AM

I use tide free and gentle

I also use calgon because I have hard water

I have all kinds of diapers AIO ai2 pockets fitteds prefolds flats an cover

bryan and nina April 30th, 2013 09:12 AM

I recently switched from Charlie's to Molly's suds and I love it!! My daughter has sensitive skin and Charlie's wasn't working out for us.
We have well water and I think it's on the hard side. We use GMD prefolds.

lnj5duke April 30th, 2013 01:38 PM

I use All Free & Clear plus Oxiclean Free for diapers/kids' clothes, and the same detergent with Oxiclean and Downy for DH's and my clothes. I've considered using Calgon because of our horribly hard water, but I have been too lazy to try it.

I use Flips with inserts that I made, some GroVia AI2's, and I'm about to get some BG 4.0's in the mail this week.

tryn1998 April 30th, 2013 08:18 PM

We were using Charlies Soap with Washing Soda or Calgon (really hard water) but I think it was making DS have a red bottom (though I never had an issue with my other 2 sensitive skin kids). So, currently, we're using Tide Original Powder with Washing Soda or Calgon. Though, I find I have to use more detergent than they recommend for cloth diapers or they don't get clean.

babybatax2 May 5th, 2013 05:51 AM

I use tide original powder. I tried RNG and my diapers were so stinky! I never had issues with te tide! I have prefolds and flats.