JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cloth Diapering (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/)
-   -   Advice needed please (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/2651312-advice-needed-please.html)

IronMamma May 17th, 2013 11:06 AM

Advice needed please

I know I have not posted here in a couple weeks, sorry! :( But, I have a question. When I first started to cloth diaper I bought one Bum genius AIO and one pocket. I ended up liking the pocket one better so I bought a whole bunch of those. The only issue is that Drake pees right out of them every single night. And I change him roughly 3 times a night...he does wake for a bottle still, sometimes 5 times, yes I know that's a lot. It's a lot better then what it used to be. He only drinks 3 oz at a time IF that. But anyways, my point is he has to pee a lot. Is there anything I can do to make him not pee through? Is there a specific diaper I need to get? At night I add one more pad and it still does not work. :(

alittlelost May 17th, 2013 05:03 PM

Re: Advice needed please

you could try adding a doubler or second insert to the nighttime diaper. Also try using more absorbent materials for the inserts int he night time diapers (such as bamboo or hemp instead of microfiber)

Gripstress May 19th, 2013 07:53 PM

I have the same issue. I use pockets during the day and OS fitteds w/ covers at night. I have GoodMama & Baby My Waye & a few others that all work great. Baby My Waye is the best and she's cheaper and a WAHM. I'll link you to her BST page if you want. If not these, I'd double up a prefold & use a cover & hope for the best.

IronMamma May 20th, 2013 01:40 PM

I did start to double stuff and still, totally leaks through. Last night I resorted into using a disposable. :( Our mattress has so much pee on it.

WorkerBeeMama May 20th, 2013 02:07 PM

I heard pooters fitted and a cover is really great for heavy wetters. I have not tried them though.

Irish_Wristwatch May 20th, 2013 02:09 PM

fitted with a wool cover is the only way my kids dont wake up in a pool of pee

irishblessing May 20th, 2013 10:15 PM

I had to use fitteds and covers at night for a long time with my son. He is just starting to now be okay in a pocket diaper and he's almost 2.

luv2bemommy June 4th, 2013 10:58 AM

I wrap a prefold around a mf insert. Sometimes 2 depending on the inserts (some of mine are thinner than others).

crawmommy June 4th, 2013 11:36 AM

I use a prefold & a small microfiber insert in dd diaper at night. She is 4 & doesn't wake up to pee at night and I don't ave any leaking issues.