JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cloth Diapering (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/)
-   -   Night time (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/2659867-night-time.html)

NinjaCakes June 19th, 2013 12:39 PM

Night time

Hi. I know I don't post here, I lurk sometimes but that is about it. I was wondering, do you all CD overnight as well? Probably seems like a strange question :) I just wasn't sure if CD's make it through the night any better/worse than disposables. Are there any particular kinds of inserts you would rec. for overnight use?

Erin.minus.thyroid June 19th, 2013 01:01 PM

Re: Night time

we always used them for overnight as well. My favorites for overnight have been the best bottom diapers with hemp/cotton inserts. never have a leak!

WorkerBeeMama June 20th, 2013 10:38 AM

We are planning to do overnight as well. I think it is all just trial and error with your baby to see what works best. We plan on using a doubler for when baby is younger and then we purchased a few diapers that are supposed to be better for overnights as well. If we need to add a doubler or something to it we will as well.

BlessedMommyx June 21st, 2013 09:43 PM

I use Kawaii Goodnight Heavy Wetter Pocket Diaper and have had no issues with leaking through during the night. Works wonderfully!! And its a great price at DiaperSafari.com

alwayssmile June 27th, 2013 06:25 AM

Overnight is trial and error at first. My son did well in a pocket with 2 bamboo and 1 hemp insert. My daughter is usually in a Squish Baby Co fitted with a heavily lanolized wool soaker. I like using stuff I can control the absorbency in (I can add a hemp doubler in my fitted or add more soakers in my pocket) as needed. :)

smazerik July 2nd, 2013 09:18 PM

Following this! I haven't found a good solution yet for nighttime. The only leak free night we've had was with a prefold on, and a second prefold under the first, with a cover on. My baby girl is a HEAVY wetter. Even when we were using disposables, they would leak. She seems to hold it for a while and then when she lets go, the diapers are overwhelmed.

NinjaCakes July 3rd, 2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smazerik (Post 27493928)
Following this! I haven't found a good solution yet for nighttime. The only leak free night we've had was with a prefold on, and a second prefold under the first, with a cover on. My baby girl is a HEAVY wetter. Even when we were using disposables, they would leak. She seems to hold it for a while and then when she lets go, the diapers are overwhelmed.

I knew a little girl like that, once. Her parents used to put two puppy pads (no I'm not kidding) under her at night! Thanks ladies :)

angelsailor288 July 7th, 2013 09:02 PM

I used Kawaii heavy wetters for a while but as he got older had to move on to other things. I really like my Happy Hempy Pocket Fitteds, stuffed with 2 hemp inserts for overnight. Usually throw a so simple stacinator cover over it. I also REALLY love my s'bish prefolds...I trifold them with a doubler in the middle into a cover and its dry in the morning.

crunchywannabe July 7th, 2013 10:01 PM

We have used prefolds and covers 24/7 for the past few weeks, and have had no issues, however I am still changing him at least once a night. I am thinking of trying pockets over night and seeing how that goes because they are much easier to change in the dark :)