JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Cloth Diapering (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/)
-   -   Dumb question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f200-cloth-diapering/2684358-dumb-question.html)

Kalia20 October 8th, 2013 10:10 AM

Dumb question

I bought an AIO pocket diaper and Im not sure, does one liner go inside the pocket and one outside? Tried cloth diapers last time, flats, and she got a rash so hoping it works out this time

shen7 October 8th, 2013 03:05 PM

Re: Dumb question

What brand? What kind of liner? Are you sure it is an AIO or is it just a pocket? A true AIO will not need anything stuffed anywhere.

LABs October 9th, 2013 03:52 PM

I'd assume if one absorbent part has a stay dry layer, its a doubler for next to the skin. Otherwise its probably meant to add to the inside for a heavy wetter or night time diaper.

If you use diapers with a stay dry layer, you probably won't have issues with rashes. They stay super dry! My babies have super sensitive skin and never have rashes unless someone else is watching them and doesn't change a poopy diaper in a timely manner. I can get their skin clear within a day.

lnj5duke October 10th, 2013 01:23 PM

My Alva baby diapers were advertised as "AIO pockets", and I think some of the other diapers from China are marketed this way. If it's Alva or something similar, both inserts go inside the diaper. I'd try it with just one insert inside first, though, unless it's overnight or naptime or you know your kiddo is a heavy wetter! :D

Kalia20 October 20th, 2013 07:43 PM

this one here. For 8 to 36lbs
Kawaii Baby Diapers - One Size Snap Closure Pocket Diaper - Ultra Soft Cross-Over Square Tab

ohhh theres a video at the bottom!!

Kalia20 October 20th, 2013 08:02 PM

I do have another diaper......forget brand...kushi?? That has a built in liner. Its old, going to wash it and give it a shot. Havent read good reviews on that brand but thats what walmart sells.

So I have two cloth diapers (three actually I bought one years ago never used and I have no idea where it is, in a box somewhere as we've moved a few times) how many is recommended for a new born? I hope to do cloth and disposables with mostly cloth and need an idea of how many to get. My mom is big on cloth diapers, flats before people really even thought of Pampers so shes old school, and is a thrift store fanatic so I bet I'll get some mismatched used diapers too (thats where my Kushi came from)

samanthe79 November 5th, 2013 03:47 PM

You are amazing for taking on the adventure of cloth diapering and searching for information can be so hard. Pocket diapers usually have the ability to place the insert in between the outer layer the inner layer. Some have the pockets on the outside and some on the inside of the diaper.

There is some great information at Baby Beduga for pocket diapers, usage, cleaning and even ways to get those products.

Kalia20 November 6th, 2013 11:10 AM

I found a local used cloth diapering page on FB and honestly some of the prices they want I might as well buy brand new :/ I mostly read for care of diapers and such. Dont really have a stash going, want to try it out before I buy a whole bunch and make sure I have the right type for me baby before I spend a lot of money.

Excited_mommy July 9th, 2014 03:48 PM

Some pocket diapers will come with two inserts. ONE is a newborn insert and the other is for when baby is bigger (wetting more).