Do you have any great 'hidden' veggie recipes for picky toddlers?
I am always looking for recipes with hidden veggies in them for my picky toddler.
I found a great recipe for Spinach Muffins (most spinach muffins are savory but these are sweet!) online, then modified them to make them even better. These muffins are soooo good, even my picky toddler loves them! Here is the final version - they are so flavorful, I just had to share!
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1 single serving apple-peach flavored applesauce (or 1/2 cup)
5oz (or 1/2 of a square package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
3 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Add dry ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together.
3. Whisk to beat egg and sugar together till light (by hand for just a couple minutes). Whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients.
4. Pour dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture and stir gently just to combine – do not over-mix.
5. Pour muffin batter into muffin tin cups – about 3/4 full each.
6. Bake for 14-17 minutes until centers set or a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
Re: Do you have any great 'hidden' veggie recipes for picky toddlers?
I might have to give those a try! I am always looking for ways to get me and my family to eat more veggies! Only things I have ever tried are like carrot or zuchinni cake. Sorry I am really no help! Definitely something I need to look into more!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:59 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.