JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Do you work outside the home or SAHM? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2644436-do-you-work-outside-home-sahm.html)

*Leah* April 19th, 2013 07:50 AM

Do you work outside the home or SAHM?

Do you work outside or inside the home?

If outside...what do you do?

If you work outside the home...will you keep working after your LO is born?

Oriyan April 19th, 2013 08:04 AM

Re: Do you work outside the home or SAHM?

Outside.

I work in a mid-sized lawfirm as a paralegal. I will be returning to work after this one is born unless we somehow come into a lot of money.

prayingforbaby13 April 19th, 2013 08:17 AM

I work outside home.

I'm a computer analyst for NIH. I would continue to work after baby unless I win the mega million... :)

prayingforbaby13 April 19th, 2013 08:17 AM

I work outside home.

I'm a computer analyst for NIH. I would continue to work after baby unless I win the mega million... :)

*~ Joni ~* April 19th, 2013 08:21 AM

I have a therapy clinic for kids with special needs (speech therapy, physical therapy, etc...) and I have a great administration team so luckily I don't have to show up often :) and when I do, it's walking distance :D

meritaten April 19th, 2013 08:29 AM

I work full time as a researcher at a hospital.

Brittanie April 19th, 2013 08:33 AM

I'm a SAHM, and I'm so thankful. I worked through my first two pregnancies, and it was SO hard to work while being so sick!

blakesgirl09 April 19th, 2013 08:35 AM

Outside!

I am in sales for a manufacturing company and I've been here for over 10 years!

SweetiePeas April 19th, 2013 08:42 AM

SAHM~ was going to go back to school but decided on ttc and never did. I worked as a hair stylist until about a yr ago. Not sure I could work with the MS though, So I am thankful.

BoyerMom April 19th, 2013 09:58 AM

I work part time as a merchandiser. Currently looking for something else though as it is really physical and I have to drive all over the place. I don't have a choice not to work, as I am paying off my school loans.

tanamom of 2 April 19th, 2013 11:25 AM

i am a SAHM and have been since i had my first DD almost 6 years ago.

monkeymama2 April 19th, 2013 11:28 AM

I work part time for the EPA, 2 days at the office, 2days at home. I hired the wold's best nanny when my 2 yr old was born so I'll keep working. My job is too good to give up.

*Leah* April 19th, 2013 12:41 PM

I am a Real Estate Paralegal. I manage/do leases/bookkeeping for a business park, apartments and a 280 mini storage facility. I work 2 days a week in the office and the other 3 days from home. Best of both worlds.

My mom watches Mallory on the days I work. I'm planning on keeping the same schedule after the new baby comes.

mommy-of-one April 19th, 2013 04:21 PM

I work outside the home right now, accounting office of an automobile dealership.
I got the news yesterday that I will be laid off (after 3 years) on July 1st. We have decided we are going to look at this as a blessing and try to see if we can scrape by with me being a SAHM. SO makes enough for us to pay bills and "get by" but we have always been into gadgets and technology, so I will be looking for a work from home opportunity soon.

Miss-Melissa-Sue April 19th, 2013 05:12 PM

I am a SAHM. I worked previously until just before DD's birthday. It's been a blessing to be home!

SurferRosa April 19th, 2013 06:13 PM

I'm a nurse and I'm not sure how long I'll be able to work for before I go on leave with this one. I had to go on medical leave at 4 months pregnant with my last due to having placenta previa and spotting with bad cramps everytime I was at work. My midwife felt that 12 hrs constantly on my feet and heavy workload was too much. Then I had to go on bedrest.

Here in Canada, if your working, you get Maternity leave of 1 year just before your due, or right after the baby is born. The government pays 80% of your wages every 2 weeks for a year. It's a bit of a cut and some budgeting but at least you get to stay home with your baby for a year. :D

SurferRosa April 19th, 2013 06:13 PM

sorry, double post again.

Metamorphosis April 19th, 2013 06:46 PM

I wish I was Canadian right about now.

Outside, I would love to be a stay at home mom but I can't.

I'm a registered nurse and will be going back to work after six weeks. That's how long short term disability pays.

Metamorphosis April 19th, 2013 06:46 PM

:doublepost:

anybodyinthere April 19th, 2013 06:58 PM

I'm a teacher.