JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I cannot STAND the way I smell!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2645730-i-cannot-stand-way-i-smell.html)

Brittanie April 24th, 2013 03:24 PM

I cannot STAND the way I smell!!

And not just under arm odor either. I really hate how *down there* smells as well.

And just now I took off my shoes after being out and around all day, and my feet.... UGH!!

I'm sure that increased sense of smell was important for the survival of our pregnant primitive ancestors, but really....I could totally do without it.

anybodyinthere April 24th, 2013 03:30 PM

Re: I cannot STAND the way I smell!!

A student took off her shoes today and I nearly puked. I don't puke. It was bad. lol

Meggie26 April 24th, 2013 03:30 PM

Yikes! Hope it gets better over time!!!! I don't recall any smells with any of my pregnancies. Is it normal?

Brittanie April 24th, 2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meggie26 (Post 27313314)
Yikes! Hope it gets better over time!!!! I don't recall any smells with any of my pregnancies. Is it normal?

Maybe because I'm so nauseated already, I'm more sensitive to smells? But I can smell things others can't smell when I'm pregnant. And an increased sense of smell is a fairly common symptom, yes. :sick:

Meggie26 April 24th, 2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittanie (Post 27313320)
Maybe because I'm so nauseated already, I'm more sensitive to smells? But I can smell things others can't smell when I'm pregnant. And an increased sense of smell is a fairly common symptom, yes. :sick:

Oh, okay! I got it now.. I guess I didn't read that right.

I was smelling yogurt yesterday and it smelled like awful spoiled milk and was very nauseating.

CherryLimeade April 24th, 2013 04:24 PM

My husband has been driving me crazy cause he's been into heinekens lately. And they give him gas.. Ughh sooo gross!

.nicole.michele. April 24th, 2013 04:31 PM

This is hilarious!!!! The topic that is..... But I feel your pain I work 9 hours a day 5days a week on my feet...let's just say I had to sprinkle some baby powder in my shoes. Ugh...

monkeymama2 April 24th, 2013 06:16 PM

I am overly sensitive to ALL smells. And I'm not liking my own down there either. It's different.

Brittanie April 24th, 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeymama2 (Post 27313826)
And I'm not liking my own down there either. It's different.

Yeah, I'm not sure what hormonal changes do, but I always smell different when pregnant. And I do not like it.

SweetiePeas April 24th, 2013 06:21 PM

I never noticed myself smelling different, but I sure notice everything else. Like its magnified times 100. Can't stand the smell of many things these days!

ErinBoshnyak1985 April 24th, 2013 06:28 PM

YES!!! I'm totally different smelling *down there* and my feet peeeuuuuu!!!!

But then, EVERYthing around me stinks.....i can't WAIT until this weekend when we get some decent weather so I can open up the windows in my smelly house.

Brittanie April 24th, 2013 06:44 PM

I cut up raw chicken for my stirfry for dinner. It was fine, but it smelled toxic. Like...a week past bad. Kitchen Nightmares type. :sick:

Miss-Melissa-Sue April 24th, 2013 06:49 PM

My sense of smell has gone crazy! The smell of my deodorant made me sick so I had to switch brands. DH teases me about my super nose. Lol

eilla05 April 24th, 2013 07:15 PM

lol same here! The PH changes down there while pregnant...so normal as long as it doesn't smell funky you are good....lol

aMylahMinute April 24th, 2013 10:00 PM

Well my PH has changed so much that I got a yeast infection. :/

I hate the way I generally smell too. I feel like I smell like a used gym towel. Blech!

Brittanie April 24th, 2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aMylahMinute (Post 27314303)
Well my PH has changed so much that I got a yeast infection. :/

I hate the way I generally smell too. I feel like I smell like a used gym towel. Blech!

When I'm pregnant I get many symptoms of yeast infections (weird discharge, itching/burning, etc) but no actual yeast. and it's not bacterial vaginosis either. :/ It's just...me.

**jessie** April 25th, 2013 11:35 AM

The smell thing is crazy! I came downstairs this morning for work and before I even got in the kitchen I smelled the awful smell of pickle juice. Apparently some one left the jar on the counter with the lid not fully screwed on. I was gagging like no tomorrow!

lily26 May 8th, 2013 09:53 PM

ok, i know this thread is a few pages back... but oh my goodness I am soooooo glad i'm not the only one!

I have found that even my hands stink. I don't know why... they've never smelled before.

I like to shower before bed, however in the middle of the day I have to put lotion on my feet and hands.

lily26 May 8th, 2013 09:53 PM

ok, i know this thread is a few pages back... but oh my goodness I am soooooo glad i'm not the only one!

I have found that even my hands stink. I don't know why... they've never smelled before.

I like to shower before bed, however in the middle of the day I have to put lotion on my feet and hands.