JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   ok morning sickness, you can really go away now (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2645764-ok-morning-sickness-you-can-really-go-away-now.html)

JaeSung April 24th, 2013 06:29 PM

ok morning sickness, you can really go away now

It seems it may be getting worse.
Don't even feel like cooking, but if I don't eat, I won't feel better.
So, I force myself to cook.

Brittanie April 24th, 2013 07:02 PM

Re: ok morning sickness, you can really go away now

According to various ER nurses I've talked to, it can peak from 8-10 weeks. So hopefully it does go away for you! I have no hope for that, though. 4 previous pregnancies and I never stopped throwing up until I delivered (threw up in the delivery room with all but my youngest, and that was because my nurse walked in and gave me a very well-timed shot of zofran in my IV).

JaeSung April 24th, 2013 07:11 PM

Well, at least it's normal then. I was concerned with it getting worse.
I may have to resort to something more than just eating when the nausea starts. But what?

I'm sorry it was that way for you.

Miss-Melissa-Sue April 24th, 2013 07:43 PM

I hope it goes away soon for you!

*~ Joni ~* April 24th, 2013 08:52 PM

You've probably tried everything but Gatorade helped me a ton. I could barely sit up these last couple weeks and I started drinking Gatorade yesterday and I was up all day today with no problem. Plain water just seemed to be making things worse, yet I couldn't stomach anything sugary. Then i think i got dehydrated which makes nausea worse. If you're the same, Gatorade is perfect. GL!

CherryLimeade April 25th, 2013 12:00 AM

I am just now getting over my peak (my m/s starts early, peaks early, ends early. no idea why lol!) But just letting you know that i feel your misery!!

I second drinking a sports drink. I've been having lemon lime powerade.

ImVictorious April 25th, 2013 12:48 AM

After a few days of terrible m/s...I googled and googled nuthin worked. I was exhausted so I looked up unisom too see if it would hurt the baby....guess what I find out,when taken with b6, it's a remedy for m/s. I took it that night, slept like a champ, woke up felt great this morning. Asked my midwife and she says oh yeah go ahead and take it! So ask ur ob and see what the say. It's a miracle IMO.

*~ Joni ~* April 25th, 2013 04:05 AM

^ My midwife suggested unisom yesterday but I didn't bother getting it since I don't have trouble sleeping (though I'm up at 3 am now...) maybe ill get some if the morning sickness flares back up :)

JaeSung April 25th, 2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss-Melissa-Sue (Post 27313920)
I hope it goes away soon for you!

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by *~ Joni ~* (Post 27314114)
You've probably tried everything but Gatorade helped me a ton. I could barely sit up these last couple weeks and I started drinking Gatorade yesterday and I was up all day today with no problem. Plain water just seemed to be making things worse, yet I couldn't stomach anything sugary. Then i think i got dehydrated which makes nausea worse. If you're the same, Gatorade is perfect. GL!

Actually I haven't tried anything, except eating.

I think I have enough liquids, but it's hard to tell. I don't feel overly thirsty.
Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryLimeade (Post 27314350)
I am just now getting over my peak (my m/s starts early, peaks early, ends early. no idea why lol!) But just letting you know that i feel your misery!!

I second drinking a sports drink. I've been having lemon lime powerade.

Thank you. I appreciate it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vick2009 (Post 27314367)
After a few days of terrible m/s...I googled and googled nuthin worked. I was exhausted so I looked up unisom too see if it would hurt the baby....guess what I find out,when taken with b6, it's a remedy for m/s. I took it that night, slept like a champ, woke up felt great this morning. Asked my midwife and she says oh yeah go ahead and take it! So ask ur ob and see what the say. It's a miracle IMO.

Well, that's interesting. Since Unisom is s sleep aid, isn't it?

If it gets worse, I'll ask at my next appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by *~ Joni ~* (Post 27314438)
^ My midwife suggested unisom yesterday but I didn't bother getting it since I don't have trouble sleeping (though I'm up at 3 am now...) maybe ill get some if the morning sickness flares back up :)

If you do, post up if it helps?

CherryLimeade April 25th, 2013 12:50 PM

I feel 10x better after my peak! So just hold out and hopefully after it passes you will feel better too!

JaeSung April 25th, 2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryLimeade (Post 27315827)
I feel 10x better after my peak! So just hold out and hopefully after it passes you will feel better too!

I sure hope so.

ImVictorious April 25th, 2013 08:31 PM

Don't know why or how but it works. Lol. Pls let me know if end up trying it!

JulieMc April 25th, 2013 08:41 PM

It got really bad with my 2nd. My doc suggested b6 and benadryl at bedtime (which is the same as unisom). The combo is supposed to help. Unfortunately, with that pregnancy, the morning sickness lasted til about 15 weeks. With my first it did not last that long.

ImVictorious April 25th, 2013 08:47 PM

Benedryl is Diphenhydramine HCL and is Doxylamine Succinate. The unisom geltabs are the same as benedryl but the tablets are the doxylamine. Both are antihistamines tho. Try the regular ones next time Julie...hope they work for u as they did for me. :smile:

JaeSung April 26th, 2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vick2009 (Post 27317125)
Don't know why or how but it works. Lol. Pls let me know if end up trying it!

I will.

kara74 April 26th, 2013 09:55 AM

I hope you feel better, soon. I know how awful it is. :( With my daughter I had it from 6 weeks until the day she was delivered. Talk about torture! I'm starting to get it regularly now and I pray to God it doesn't last the entire time again. With my oldest son I had it bad up until the end of the first trimester, with my youngest son I had nausea that came and went and was pretty mild. That also lasted until the end of the first trimester. Everyone told me it was so bad with my daughter because she was a girl, even my OB! I thought that was kinda funny.

JaeSung April 26th, 2013 10:08 AM

I didn't have it with my son at all.
Thank you.

full0grace April 26th, 2013 02:45 PM

For those taking B6, what is the recommended dosage? I have taken some the past few days and feel much better (less tired), but want to make sure about the dosage since I don't see my OB until the 8th. The ones I found were 50mg...the smallest dosage I saw. I read that you weren't supposed to take more than 100mg a day...looking for more info.

HeartHelloKitty April 26th, 2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by full0grace (Post 27319164)
For those taking B6, what is the recommended dosage? I have taken some the past few days and feel much better (less tired), but want to make sure about the dosage since I don't see my OB until the 8th. The ones I found were 50mg...the smallest dosage I saw. I read that you weren't supposed to take more than 100mg a day...looking for more info.

My midwife recommended 50mg twice a day. I couldn't find any in 50mg so I am taking a time released 100mg dose in the morning at breakfast and it seems to help.

full0grace April 27th, 2013 05:46 AM

Thanks! I found 50mg at CVS. Have been taking 1 in the morning...may take one at night as well.