JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Onion rings and fry sauce (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2646065-onion-rings-and-fry-sauce.html)

Brittanie April 25th, 2013 07:16 PM

Onion rings and fry sauce

Are you craving anything specific? If so, what?

((and if you aren't from Utah or Idaho and don't know what fry sauce is, go here. Unfortunately, I'm in Colorado, not Utah or Idaho, and therefore it is really hard to find. Luckily, there's a place down the street that supposedly has some, so I'm going out to find out.))

ImVictorious April 25th, 2013 07:24 PM

Re: Onion rings and fry sauce

Big Macs. Typically hate Big Macs

Brittanie April 25th, 2013 08:01 PM

You know, I think McDonald's hamburgers have gotten better in the last couple years. I HATED them growing up, but tried one again recently and it was more palatable than I expected.

And the place down the street DOES have fry sauce. I may have to frequent more often!

mommamindy April 25th, 2013 08:40 PM

Omg! I grew up in Utah and as soon as I read the topic of post all I could say was, "Yum!" Now that I've read the posts, I'm starving and really want some!

anybodyinthere April 26th, 2013 02:14 AM

Fry sauce is the same as salsa golf in Argentina. They even have it at McD's there.

Miss-Melissa-Sue April 26th, 2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittanie;27317081
((and if you aren't from Utah or Idaho and don't know what fry sauce is, go [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry_sauce"
here[/URL]. Unfortunately, I'm in Colorado, not Utah or Idaho, and therefore it is really hard to find.

I'm in Utah so if you ever want some I'm willing to send you some! The fries and fry sauce from a local burger place here has hit the spot lately!

JaeSung April 26th, 2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittanie (Post 27317189)
You know, I think McDonald's hamburgers have gotten better in the last couple years. I HATED them growing up, but tried one again recently and it was more palatable than I expected.

And the place down the street DOES have fry sauce. I may have to frequent more often!

Personally I don't think they're all that great. Burger King's are much more substantial. The only thing I really like from McDonald's are the fries. I want a bacon double cheeseburger. But I wonder if fast food burgers are good to have right now. Maybe I'll go to a bar where I can ask for one really well done. Or make some myself.

kara74 April 26th, 2013 08:45 AM

Celery with swiss Laughing Cow cheese or Neufchatel cheese and raisins. I could eat this all day, every day. I've also been wanting potato salad with green olives which I WILL make this weekend!

Brittanie April 26th, 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaeSung (Post 27318114)
Personally I don't think they're all that great. Burger King's are much more substantial. The only thing I really like from McDonald's are the fries. I want a bacon double cheeseburger. But I wonder if fast food burgers are good to have right now. Maybe I'll go to a bar where I can ask for one really well done. Or make some myself.

yeah, I prefer Burger King or Wendy's over McDonald's burgers. I actually don't really like McDonald's fries either. The only reason I go to McDonald's at all ever is because they have both apples and fries in the kids' meals. And cheap Dr. Pepper.

HeartHelloKitty April 26th, 2013 07:37 PM

Triscuits and cheese tonight!

Kelizah April 27th, 2013 07:43 AM

I LOVE french fries.. from anywhere, homemade, store bought, from a place, with ketchup, without ketchup.. I don't care. LOL.. it's pretty much the only thing I can keep down lately.

kara74 April 27th, 2013 07:46 AM

I'm roasting asparagus for breakfast this morning. I already had about 4 pieces of whole wheat toast. I'm super hungry this time around but luckily I've been craving mostly healthy foods.

Leogirl April 27th, 2013 09:09 AM

YES! So far I've craved a dinner that I make that pretty much beef tips in gravy over pasta, Olive Garden, chicken salad sandwich on white bread (I always eat wheat), seafood, and rare beef of any kind.

Meggie26 April 27th, 2013 09:58 AM

Plums!!! I haven't really noticed any other cravings. yet.