JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Due Date Calculators vs. Midwife (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2646107-due-date-calculators-vs-midwife.html)

Papasgirl April 26th, 2013 04:06 AM

Due Date Calculators vs. Midwife

So Based of my LMP only, my midwife told me my EDD was Dec 25. Online calculators say Dec 28 based on LMP and lenght of cycle (29 days). The calculators also say I ovulated on April 5, which I know isn't possible. I am pretty sure I ovulated on or very close to April 2 because I had a positve opk at around 11am April 1 and it was negative that same afternoon. (We were not trying,... I took it on a whim because I saw the walmart cheapie kind and wanted to see how they were and I was shocked to see it was positive). DH had DTD the night before...it only takes once, right! lol. Anyway. Online calculators also say Dec 25 based on day of ovulation of April 2.
Do you think your EDD is accurate for your timing? Did you calculate it yourself or did your OB or Midwife give it to you? I was always told to take the date of your LMP and subtract 3 months then add 7 days....but that is so variable because of early/late ovulation.
Just looking for insight from you all....thanks!

Miss-Melissa-Sue April 26th, 2013 06:57 AM

Re: Due Date Calculators vs. Midwife

All of the calculators say my edd is the 4th. According to the wheel at my doctor, my edd is the 3rd.

*~ Joni ~* April 26th, 2013 07:08 AM

We weren't trying so I have no idea when I O'd but going by my LMP of 2/27 and normal cycle length of 24 days I get Dec 4th. Baby measured behind at the first u/s and the measurement gave a due date of Dec 7th. Two weeks later at the follow up u/s the baby measured ahead and gave a due date of Dec 2nd. Midwife is sticking to the 7th but I'm just gonna split the difference and go with the 4th. Baby will come whenever s/he's ready anyway :)

JaeSung April 26th, 2013 08:06 AM

I just went by my lmp at end of February. The date I got is very close to what I was told when I had my appt., and then my ultrasound.

jwitak April 26th, 2013 10:14 AM

According to my lmp edd is 12/5 but ultrasound says 12/10 I figure I will have the lo around 12/2 seeing im scheduled csection

Oriyan April 26th, 2013 11:08 AM

We have the exact date of conception, so my due date is 100% dead on. If we went by LMP, they would throw me into November which is not accurate since we did an FET :)

Brittanie April 26th, 2013 01:41 PM

That's funny, I ovulated April 1st and all the online calculators are giving an EDD of Dec. 23rd...

I go by what the early ultrasound says, everything else is just conjecture, really. The measurement of the baby isn't as much.

Leogirl April 27th, 2013 09:14 AM

I put zero stock in due dates. The baby will come when it's good and ready. For paperwork purposes I would go with the later date or the one you feel is the most accurate.

HorseGal April 27th, 2013 10:40 AM

With my first child, when i calculated based on cycle length and when I o'ed, he was due March 8th, the dr said March 5th and he was born the 4th :)

krogers081 April 27th, 2013 12:51 PM

hi

kara74 April 27th, 2013 01:36 PM

Well due to opposite work schedules and lack of alone time, I know exactly when I conceived. Based on that date and date of my last period, I figured the EDD to be December 21. Can't get much more accurate than knowing exactly when it happened.

Brittanie April 27th, 2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kara74 (Post 27321053)
Well due to opposite work schedules and lack of alone time, I know exactly when I conceived. Based on that date and date of my last period, I figured the EDD to be December 21. Can't get much more accurate than knowing exactly when it happened.

Except that sperm can live for 3-5 days, so knowing when you ovulated is still a much better clue.

I had a stabbing pain that left me almost unable to walk for 3 hours, so...I know exactly what day I ovulated. lol

kara74 April 27th, 2013 03:20 PM

I ovulated March 30 which was the day I conceived.

Kivett12 April 27th, 2013 05:24 PM

All I have to go on right now is what the OB told me during a quick visit. She pulled out the "wheel" and gave me an EDD of Dec 24th, based on LMP. Online calculator, based off LMP says Dec 23rd. I'm really waiting for the 1st u/s and go from there. All I know is that it is extremely close to Christmas! Unless I'm able to VBAC, then mine will be scheduled anyway, and I highly doubt my OB will be working on Christmas day!

JulieMc April 27th, 2013 08:04 PM

3 days is inconsequential. Your baby will come when it comes. It doesn't even matter. Dating by u/s is also not that accurate..it can also be off by a few days.

I thought it mattered too with my first...but have learned that it doesn't really. ;)

Papasgirl April 28th, 2013 03:51 AM

Of course I know the baby will come when he/she is ready. I have had 6 and learned that all to well over the years. 3 days is inconsequential in later weeks, but here in the first 6, its huge. If you go for an ultrasound at 6w but you are actually 5w4d, you may not see a hearbeat. But if you are actually at 6w, you most likely will. So that is a big deal, well, to me anyway. After 2 very questionable early ultrasounds with previous losses that left me in limbo wondering, those few days made a huge difference. I guess that is more what I am looking at. The Due Date isn't really an issue at all. I was just trying to see how variable it can be, just for informational purposes.

Brittanie April 28th, 2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papasgirl (Post 27321890)
Of course I know the baby will come when he/she is ready. I have had 6 and learned that all to well over the years. 3 days is inconsequential in later weeks, but here in the first 6, its huge. If you go for an ultrasound at 6w but you are actually 5w4d, you may not see a hearbeat. But if you are actually at 6w, you most likely will. So that is a big deal, well, to me anyway. After 2 very questionable early ultrasounds with previous losses that left me in limbo wondering, those few days made a huge difference. I guess that is more what I am looking at. The Due Date isn't really an issue at all. I was just trying to see how variable it can be, just for informational purposes.

This is exactly my thoughts as well.