JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   cautiously joining...intro :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2646817-cautiously-joining-intro.html)

Mollyjayne April 29th, 2013 10:37 AM

cautiously joining...intro :)

Hello my name is Kathyanne and I have a 9 year old and a 5 MONTH old. My SO and I were using the pull out method and just gave caution to the wind ONE night and here I am after being six days late I had faint bfps and a digi bfp. It really is hitting home today because I got a thick line on a dollar tree....

so here I am I am a little scared my SO is super supportive but no one else knows because it would not be received well :(

nice to meet you all it it will be nice to have somewhere to talk about this without all of the negative comments.

KMH April 29th, 2013 10:41 AM

Popping in from the Oct 2012 PR to say congrats again!!

bundle2baby April 29th, 2013 10:44 AM

Re: cautiously joining...intro :)

Congratulations & welcome!! Your signature pic is precious! There will always be naysayers, but don't focus on them. Babies are blessings! I know you will find support here at JM. :hug:

kayakr April 29th, 2013 10:56 AM

Congrats and welcome!

Mollyjayne April 29th, 2013 11:04 AM

Thank you!!

BoyerMom April 29th, 2013 11:09 AM

Congrats and Welcome! I am glad your SO is supportive. :smile:

Nicole1481 April 29th, 2013 11:13 AM

Congrats & welcome. There are a few of us here w/5m olds. Welcome to the club :D

HeartHelloKitty April 29th, 2013 12:09 PM

Congrats!

feythful April 29th, 2013 12:13 PM

My sweet babies are 13 months apart and when I announced the second baby, I got a whole lot of "you do know how that happens, right?" "COuldn't you have waited longer?" "It's so unfair to your first baby to have another so close..." blah blah blah. Guess what? My girls are happy, healthy, taken care of and they LOVE to play together. So forget everyone else and remember that these little ones are the product of love and you haven't asked anyone else to be involved in your family planning. So :lalala: to them.

Miss-Melissa-Sue April 29th, 2013 12:49 PM

Welcome and congrats!

kara74 April 29th, 2013 12:58 PM

Aww congratulations! My oldest was 8 mos. old when I got pregnant with my younger son. They were fast friends and it was great having a built in playmate right at home.

*Leah* April 29th, 2013 01:49 PM

YAY, congrats...wishing you a H&H 9 months!

*~ Joni ~* April 29th, 2013 02:56 PM

:welcome: DH and I are Pull and Pray users too. It failed in March.... :lol:

Jessimaaka April 29th, 2013 03:02 PM

:welcome: and :congrats:

Kaniscooo April 29th, 2013 10:41 PM

There's a few of us. Mine is 6 months on Wednesday. No negativity here :) Congratulations!!

Kaniscooo April 29th, 2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feythful (Post 27325206)
My sweet babies are 13 months apart and when I announced the second baby, I got a whole lot of "you do know how that happens, right?" "COuldn't you have waited longer?" "It's so unfair to your first baby to have another so close..." blah blah blah. Guess what? My girls are happy, healthy, taken care of and they LOVE to play together. So forget everyone else and remember that these little ones are the product of love and you haven't asked anyone else to be involved in your family planning. So :lalala: to them.

THIS. lol. My favorite is "You do know how that happens, right?". My mother in law actually said to my husband, "You need to grow up and be responsible and learn how babies are made." and then hung up on him. :rolleyes: They can be ridiculous but aside from my MIL everyone has been pretty happy for us. Don't let anyone's negativity bother you... I want everyone to be just as happy for this baby as they were for Avery so I know that's easier said than done. Another gem from my MIL... "I won't love this one as much as Avery. I don't want it." She's just a bundle of joy, my MIL.

Celinda_n April 30th, 2013 04:48 AM

:welcome:

SweetiePeas April 30th, 2013 06:30 AM

:welcome: and :congrats:

Papasgirl April 30th, 2013 07:11 AM

:grats: and :welcome: I have 6 kids and this will be my 7th God Willing! My first three are all exactly 13 months apart. I was so tired of hearing "oh no not again" and "are your for real??" So by the time I found out about number four, I waited to spill the beans, then everyone was mad because I didn't tell them sooner! With my 5th and 6th, I actually was told that i should really think about stopping because it's getting "out of hand now"... SERIOUSLY!!! My last four losses no one even knows about and no one knows about this pregnancy either. I will tell them when I think they deserve to know. Thats what is so great about JM! Judgements are left at the door...... WELCOME!!

feythful April 30th, 2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaniscooo (Post 27326961)
THIS. lol. My favorite is "You do know how that happens, right?". My mother in law actually said to my husband, "You need to grow up and be responsible and learn how babies are made." and then hung up on him. :rolleyes: They can be ridiculous but aside from my MIL everyone has been pretty happy for us. Don't let anyone's negativity bother you... I want everyone to be just as happy for this baby as they were for Avery so I know that's easier said than done. Another gem from my MIL... "I won't love this one as much as Avery. I don't want it." She's just a bundle of joy, my MIL.

Oh.my.goodness. She's a peach for sure. I may have been naughty when someone say "You know how that happens, right?" and I responded "Yes we do! We're really good at it!" :o :giggle: We will have 3 under 3, so I'm sure I'll hear it again. When one of my former students heard I was pregnant the second time, she said "Ms. D, you all need a new hobby." :huh: :blush: