JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   OT: need a lil rant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2647867-ot-need-lil-rant.html)

Elvorfidia May 3rd, 2013 05:43 AM

OT: need a lil rant

Morning ladies,

well as the title says i need a lil rant.....

So i have just got off the phone with my DH (hes at work) and he says to me "oh i have just been speaking to my mum and she says that u shouldnt be as tired as you are, are u sure your tiredness isnt all in your head"

i swear to god if he was standing in front of me i would have punched him in the face.

i have tried and tired to explain to him that i hope it will not last that much longer as when u hit 12 weeks the fatigue and m/s wear off but it just doesnt seem to be sinking in....
so frustrated i could just sit here and cry.

ok rant over thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

prayingforbaby13 May 3rd, 2013 05:47 AM

Re: OT: need a lil rant

OMG.. he really say that?? WOW... yea I probably would have smack him also... lol.. but seriously... his mother should not be saying those things as everyone body is different....

I think he needs to read up on pregnancy... sorry you had to go thru that... but make him understand what you are going thru... :smile:

HorseGal May 3rd, 2013 06:39 AM

I get e-mails about pregnancy all the time and everyone mentions the tiredness and why its like that. :rolleyes: We aren't just making a baby, we are making a placenta too... and getting used to new hormones etc

Oriyan May 3rd, 2013 07:03 AM

That's when I say "and did YOU grow a baby today?"

They usually shut up after that :)

NCRG2010 May 3rd, 2013 07:04 AM

They really should make it mandatory for men to move out while women are pregnant

Nicole1481 May 3rd, 2013 08:08 AM

I think you should punch him when he get home :)

blakesgirl09 May 3rd, 2013 08:15 AM

I probably wouldn't have gotten so mad if DH said that all by himself but when you involve the MIL, that's just crazy! It would take everything I had not to punch her :)
Not really but dang!!!!

feythful May 3rd, 2013 09:06 AM

First of all, MIL needs to stay out of it and your dh needs to put his big boy pants on and quit complaining to his mom. My guess is that she's the kind of person that remembers everything as being perfect when she went through it, even though she probably whined about it a ton at the time. You'll know when she starts telling you how easy childbirth and the newborn phase are.

Secondly, the amazing amount of work your body is doing right now is justification for you being so tired. Your body is increasing it's blood volume to support you and baby, The baby's cells are replicating at an alarming rate (which takes energy) to form both the baby and the placenta, AND you're getting rid of waste for you and baby. Not to mention the increase in hormones that affect everyone differently. It's no wonder you're tired. Try to ignore it and go about your business. You might want to see if you can get your husband to read a man's guide to pregnancy, because if he thinks that only the first 12 weeks have things that are unpleasant about them, it's going to be a long ride for him.

n8tsmomma May 3rd, 2013 09:41 AM

I would have told him his mother was making him look like a jerk. Has he ever grown a human? I just had my doctor write me a note to change my hours because I am sooo tired I take a nap everyday and still fall asleep working.

lovelespaul May 3rd, 2013 10:45 AM

Ah! I've been so tired too! I knew that I would feel a bit fatigued but I never knew it would be this bad! Sorry DH isn't being more understanding :( Growing a human sure is a lot of work!

Miss-Melissa-Sue May 3rd, 2013 11:01 AM

I can't believe he said that! DH has a book for expectant fathers plus he's reading my What to Expect. Maybe that would help him understand that pregnancy isn't just lollipops and rainbows and its hard work! I hope things get better,

SweetiePeas May 3rd, 2013 11:48 AM

Whoa my dh would be in big trouble with me! Of course you are tired you are making a baby. The first trimester is very tiring. This is my 3rd pregnancy and by far the most fatigued I have ever felt. Everybody and pregnancy is different. While MIL can't remember being tired,doesn't mean she wasn't. Maybe she was just lucky.(((hugs)))

JulieMc May 3rd, 2013 12:04 PM

You should tell him that he should immediately stop speaking to his mom about that stuff. Everyone is different. What a jerk.

I know I felt soooo tired during my first pregnancy. I could fall asleep on the drop of a dime. Now, with my subsequent ones, while I'm exhausted and tired, I just don't have that option as I have an almost 4-year-old and a 2.5-year-old to tend to. Sleeping on the job (I stay at home) is not an option. How I wish I could give into the sleepiness though...what I wouldn't do for a nice nap...

LadybugBanana May 3rd, 2013 12:22 PM

LOL Try getting him to talk to his dad if he is around!! My SO has been and I think he is getting more accurate info:)

Hang in there! Hopefully the exhaustion will pass soon! Make sure you are doing everything you can to help with your energy levels, perhaps talk to the Dr about extra vitamins as well!!
Good Luck!!!

kayakr May 3rd, 2013 02:38 PM

Oh boy! We might need to raise some bail money for her. :D

MIL sounds like a trouble maker.

CherryLimeade May 3rd, 2013 03:14 PM

Yeah, sounds like MIL doesn't know what she's talking about.. Just make it clear to your hubs that everyone's symptoms are different.

But I know how you feel lol. Something about being pregnant just ignites a fire inside of me towards my MIL. Everything she says or does irritates me! Any other time, i get along just fine with her.

xagamama May 3rd, 2013 03:19 PM

Oh boy! You might want to let him know that for these 9 months more than any other time he really needs to watch what he says!!
Hopefully he gets a little wiser if he survives this first misstep! :D

kara74 May 4th, 2013 08:07 AM

I think I'd be more irritated with the MIL, she should know better. She sounds like a pot stirrer.

Elvorfidia May 7th, 2013 02:33 AM

thank you ladies :D

i proper let him have at when he came in from work and i saw the MIL over the weekend and she didnt say a word to me (which i was perfectly happy with) but she is one of those ppl that like to stick their oar in when ever possible so i just said to DH that i cant help how i feel and my body is working overtime atm and if he doesnt like it then he can go live with his mother.
he seems to have got better over the weekend tho so there might be hope yet :D

Elvorfidia May 7th, 2013 02:33 AM

thank you ladies :D

i proper let him have at when he came in from work and i saw the MIL over the weekend and she didnt say a word to me (which i was perfectly happy with) but she is one of those ppl that like to stick their oar in when ever possible so i just said to DH that i cant help how i feel and my body is working overtime atm and if he doesnt like it then he can go live with his mother.
he seems to have got better over the weekend tho so there might be hope yet :D