JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   17-P injections (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2649742-17-p-injections.html)

eilla05 May 10th, 2013 09:15 PM

17-P injections

Anyone have any experience with getting 17-p injections? My midwife suggested I look into starting them and I have made an appointment to talk with the high risk OB at the women's center I see the midwife at on the 31st. With Greyson my OB opted out of me doing them but I was watched like a hawk and he did other testing etc.

I am not sure where I stand on them....I have done some research and don't find any harm to the baby which would be my biggest concern. Another thing I have to find out if my insurance would cover them as I have heard they are pricey out of pocket.

Anyone have any experience? Knowledge?

LadybugBanana May 11th, 2013 06:30 AM

Re: 17-P injections

I am taking Lovenox injections daily for a clotting disorder. I do not know what 17-P is though, I'm sorry!

mgail May 11th, 2013 07:31 AM

I've been taking injections for 10 weeks now! I test my levels next Wednesday and if their good my hiney finally gets a rest. I'd say if it's needed to sustain the pregnancy then the benefits definately outweigh the risk.

eilla05 May 11th, 2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgail (Post 27356662)
I've been taking injections for 10 weeks now! I test my levels next Wednesday and if their good my hiney finally gets a rest. I'd say if it's needed to sustain the pregnancy then the benefits definately outweigh the risk.

Since they are not sure why I went into labor at 23 weeks with the first one they are doing it more as a preventive measure because I have a higher risk it will happen again.

mgail May 11th, 2013 09:37 AM

Definately worth trying the injections then, the longer you can keep that little one in there the better!

Leogirl May 11th, 2013 10:06 AM

I took them during my first pregnancy after I stared having pre-term labor. I was on them from around18 weeks until she was born at 36 weeks. I'm going to go ahead and let you know that they suck. I was constantly bruised and they hurt to get because they are prepared in oil. However if you have a compounding pharmacy they can try different oils.

Oriyan May 11th, 2013 11:06 AM

My midwife had mentioned it to me -- but since I am allergic to my own progesterone and the stuff i had been injecting for 6 weeks, nope. We are not doing it. I went into PTL with my son at 32 weeks. Not only am I allergic, but its all out of pocket, and we are beyond broke. 6k for FET is not cheap and our savings is gone.

mommaof5girls May 18th, 2013 03:25 PM

Just lurking here. I may be joining you ladies after I see the Dr next week. With my last pregnancy, I took them twice weekly throughout my pregnancy. My Dr was covince it was a natural method without the side effect to me or baby. I don't know if that is what kept her in until 39 weeks or not. I have a history of ptl and mc so it was worth a shot. They are painful and for acouple days after having them I had horrible contractions. If you can get them compounded they are much cheaper. Mine were $50 copay for 4-5 injections. Hope this helps.

ChicaChels May 18th, 2013 11:19 PM

I know very little about them. one of my doula clients were taking them for a couple of weeks, but had a terrible reaction. I hope you can make a decision you and your entire team are comfortable with!