JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Ahhhh my dear Zofran (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2650722-ahhhh-my-dear-zofran.html)

ImVictorious May 15th, 2013 09:26 AM

Ahhhh my dear Zofran

Why didnt I try this stuff before? I feel like my self again! I think I'll be able to clean and cook dinner tonight. I have been depressed and miserable coping with the excessive vomiting. Zofran is a lifesaver. The Unisom/b6 combo worked well but it quickly lost its mojo. I hope everyone is right about it slowing down 2nd trimester, because the first has been pure hell.

I did read that excessive morning sickness results in babies with higher IQ's. who knows. Lol this baby should be an absolute genius then. Lol.

redbirds May 15th, 2013 10:31 AM

Re: Ahhhh my dear Zofran

I'm glad it works for you, and I hope it's not long before you don't need it at all. I just went out and got some unisom. I'm not vomiting, but I am queasy, from like noon all the way until bed time. I don't know how this is going to work, but I'll try it right before bed and hope it staves off the m/s a bit longer. I hate feeling queasy, but I can't imagine being really sick.

And if it's a sign of IQ, my kids wouldn't be int he top of their class at all :p I don't believe it for a sec, though... My mom was rock solid with me, no m/s at all, and I have a relatively high IQ. She was sick with my brother ALL THE TIME, and he's also really smart... I haven't seen any scientific research supporting or refuting the theory, but it's an interesting idea.

monkeymama2 May 15th, 2013 11:03 AM

Glad it's working! It does help a lot. But I caution you---drink lots of water and increase your fiber!!! (Please)

ImVictorious May 15th, 2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbirds (Post 27366206)
And if it's a sign of IQ, my kids wouldn't be int he top of their class at all :p I don't believe it for a sec, though... My mom was rock solid with me, no m/s at all, and I have a relatively high IQ. She was sick with my brother ALL THE TIME, and he's also really smart... I haven't seen any scientific research supporting or refuting the theory, but it's an interesting idea.

LoL one of my friends said her midwife told her that. I guess as some consolation prize lol. My mom didnt have morning sickness with any of us, and I'm pretty darn smart.

@monkeymama
I read about that constipation. I popped a stool softener and drank a 32oz bottle of smart water. Went and got a watermelon as well (helps things move for me). I am already backed up so I really don't need to zofran exacerbating the situation. Then I'll have a whole other set of problems.

Oriyan May 15th, 2013 01:01 PM

Zofran is like the all mighty drug of the 1st trimester.

It does back ya up though. Pretty immediately.

anybodyinthere May 15th, 2013 02:39 PM

My doctor prescribed me Zofran today. I'm excited to try it...and will be picking up some Fiber One bars when I fill the Rx...

Brittanie May 15th, 2013 03:13 PM

I really really really really wish it did the same for me. It reduces my vomiting to only once or twice a day, so it is doing SOMETHING, but it doesn't touch my nausea at all. And it works the best of all of them. :/

SweetiePeas May 15th, 2013 06:31 PM

Without the Zofran I wouldn't be able to eat at all!

Oriyan May 16th, 2013 05:58 AM

Brittanie - You need a zofran pump. Zofran pumped through you all day.

Brittanie May 16th, 2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oriyan (Post 27368363)
Brittanie - You need a zofran pump. Zofran pumped through you all day.

yeah...probably. With Allison my insurance nurse line called and offered to send someone in and give me one at 20 weeks. I was maintaining on oral meds okay by that point (just one day), and said basically "maybe if you'd offered it 10 or 12 weeks ago!" However, Matt's work changed insurance companies since then, and I feel like they're not covering as much, and I'd rather not fight for one, if that makes sense. I'm kind of feeling like I'm doing okay right now. I didn't throw up at all yesterday! :o

kara74 May 16th, 2013 08:19 AM

I'm getting to the point of breaking down and getting my prescription for Zofran filled. It didn't do a whole lot for me last time but I'm desperate and I figure it can't hurt. The Unisom/B6 cocktail worked for a day. One day. Ugh!