JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   You look tired... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2650820-you-look-tired.html)

TwinMamaS May 15th, 2013 04:05 PM

You look tired...

So I'm pregnant with twins, 8 weeks along. Today, two of my coworkers (who don't know I'm pregnant) told me to "wake up" because I looked tired. I am tired! In fact, I'm exhausted. I am having such a difficult time sleeping and I feel nauseous 18 hours a day. I'm not actually vomiting, so I'm not getting any relief. How do you deal with people who don't know you're pregnant making comments related to your symptoms? My hormones are making me feel like I want to tell them off.

I'm starting to think that women should be given two maternity leaves: one for the first trimester and one after the baby is born.

Brittanie May 15th, 2013 04:15 PM

Re: You look tired...

Easy for me, nobody doesn't know. lol!! I get SO SICK. ((vomiting doesn't actually make you feel any better, btw. I feel nauseated constantly, whether I'm throwing up or not)) I don't work outside the home now, but when I did before, I was so sick so fast that there wasn't any point in trying to hide it.

kara74 May 15th, 2013 05:12 PM

I'm so with you, Shannon, on the two maternity leaves. I'm running out of pto time because I feel so yucky that I've been taking a day off like every other week. I would gladly take unpaid days if I could. Some days I just sit at my desk and do next to nothing. I'm just so sick and wiped out. Luckily no one has said anything or noticed anything yet. I'd really like to keep this pregnancy to myself for a few more weeks at least. The people I work with are cool about pregnant ladies, I just would rather wait until 12 weeks to say anything. I've been tempted to spill a few times to my office manager on days where I would feel so bad that I wanted to leave early. Why does early pregnancy have to suck so bad?

CherryLimeade May 15th, 2013 09:40 PM

You might just make something up, like you're taking a new medication that makes you drowsy? Be prepared to answer with what it is, though. Someone might ask lol. Or say that you always feel this way this time of year, with sinuses/allergies. I don't have any person experience keeping the secret... With my first, someone at worked asked me if I was pregnant at 8 weeks, and I couldn't lie - I'm a terrible liar heh.

*Leah* May 16th, 2013 04:12 AM

I'm sorry you girls are so sick. :( I just have exhaustion. I literally have NO energy to do anything and we have 20 people coming over for Memorial day next weekend!

JulieMc May 16th, 2013 05:46 AM

I haven't encountered it yet, but I am prepared to be b-i-t-c-h-y and say something like "I'm pregnant with twins, back the hell off."

I'm feeling just like you are, and thank the heavens that I am not working outside of the home anymore. I don't think I'd be functioning very well with this twin pregnancy...omg...it is worse than my pregnancies with my son and daughter for sure!

mommy-of-one May 16th, 2013 06:01 AM

In all honesty I sit at work and play on JM when I am getting tired... It distracts me for a little while. Like a PP has said, luckily I haven't been caught yet lol! But my boss is pretty cool, as long as I don't have big piles on my desk, were ok to go off task for a small break.

Leogirl May 16th, 2013 08:16 AM

Just tell them you aren't feeling well and leave it at that. I feel so lucky that I'm the boss and that I can tell people as soon as I'm pregnant.:p

Miss-Melissa-Sue May 16th, 2013 09:08 AM

I hid mine at work with DD until I was around 20 weeks. I kept blaming being tired on staying up too late and having to get up early for work. I'm not sure of they believed me but they quit bugging me. I hope you get your energy back soon! I'm trying to be patient until mine comes back. My house is a mess and its driving me bonkers but after I clean one room I'm beat.

TwinMamaS May 16th, 2013 02:24 PM

Thanks ladies! I do want to tell people, but I really want to wait until my first trimester is over. Some days I feel like I should just tell them so they'll leave me alone and start coddling me. I work with a staff of 98% women and I know they'll be thrilled for me. My bosses and a couple of coworkers know, but I just want a little more time to keep it to myself. Also DH doesn't want me sharing until the first trimester's over. I am counting down the days to have my energy back.

mgail May 16th, 2013 05:26 PM

I can completely relate! Working has been the pits between trying to hide this growing bump and trying to not fall asleep. I'd like to wait until around 14 weeks to tell everyone but I don't know if it will work out. It will be so nice to not have to hide this big belly! Hang in there!