JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   First Trimester... Feeling depressed (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2650999-first-trimester-feeling-depressed.html)

littlefrench_frye May 16th, 2013 09:47 AM

First Trimester... Feeling depressed

Hello,
I am new to this board and still learning how to navigate maybe someone can move this thread to the correct place.
I am in my first trimester and feeling very emotional. I am crying, feeling depressed and sad. I am scared and worried. I am hoping to find support on this site. Is anyone else experiencing these overwhelming emotions?
My due date is December 16th 2013.

Celinda_n May 16th, 2013 03:19 PM

Re: First Trimester... Feeling depressed

Hi there and welcome! I am due 12/15 and I have also been very weepy and depressed on occasion. I honestly think this is all part of these wonderful (awful ) hormones. I don't get on here much, but there seem to be lots of sweet, supportive woman in this group! I will be praying for you and I hope the fog starts to clear soon! :console:

monkeymama2 May 16th, 2013 03:27 PM

That's kind of normal. It happened with my first, we got a puppy right when I was 10 weeks (picked and paid for before we knew I was pg), and I couldn't handle it. I cried everyday, I wanted to give him back, we made my in laws take him for a few weeks--I thought somehow I wasn't a dog person like I thought I was. In hindsight I realized pregnancy had made me a little nuts! I didn't know it at the time. Now I can recogniZe it and deal with it. It might be hard to manage but exercise does wonders for depression.

Brittanie May 16th, 2013 03:42 PM

You know, a lot of focus gets placed on post-partum depression, but depression during pregnancy is also a very real thing (I don't know what they'd call it, gestational depression?) So if it becomes too overwhelming, it IS worth discussing with your care provider.

But a lot of it is also normal. Especially along with normal fatigue and sickness, it's easy to be depressed, and should get better as you go further along in the pregnancy, along with everything else.

And you got your thread in the right place, no worries there. :dothug:

SweetiePeas May 16th, 2013 03:57 PM

Hi we are pretty close in Due dates. I am due the 17th:) (((hugs))) I think its pretty normal to feel a little down in the first tri. Hormones play a big part. For me when i am feeling so crummy, its hard not to feel depressed. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

kara74 May 16th, 2013 06:44 PM

Hi there and welcome! I've also been depressed lately but then I am prone to depression. The sick, exhausted feeling of early pregnancy makes me feel very helpless and worthless. Just this morning I cried all the way to work because I was feeling so bad. You are definitely not alone. (((Hugs)))

aln030482 May 16th, 2013 06:57 PM

Hello & welcome to the boards!! Everyone here is so wonderful & supportive that this has become my 'escape' from reality. As the other girls have said, what you are feeling is definitely one of the 'not so fun' joys of the first trimester. I strive for control & everything in order in my life, & I know personally that between being exhausted, the DH picking up a new longer work schedule, & the thought of another lil' one has me very flustered at times. There have been many many times that I've sat & cried for no apparant reason. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. As I'm nearing the end of my first trimester, EDD 12/2/13, I'm noticing that I'm not feeling AS overwhelmed as I was.... now the exhaustion, well that's a whole new thing. lol I hope everything works out & we're always here if you need someone to chat with or just vent, as I've done on occassion. Talking with the other girls really does help.

:dothug:

bundle2baby May 16th, 2013 08:41 PM

As the other ladies have said, you're definitely not alone. I was feeling weepy today, as I woke up exhausted and then the nausea set in. In addition, I had a bit of spotting again today. Just when I thought I was feeling better yesterday, today seemed like a really LOOONG day. I think you will find this group to be very supportive as we go along this journey. :hug: