JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Since many of our babies will be here before Christmas... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2651115-since-many-our-babies-will-here-before-christmas.html)

Brittanie May 16th, 2013 05:33 PM

Since many of our babies will be here before Christmas...

...do you have any Christmas traditions you are planning on including your newborn in (if you celebrate Christmas. If you don't, but celebrate something else, same question! lol)

My due date is actually Christmas day, but we'll be inducing a week early, so I know Rolo will be here before Christmas.

We all have stockings I've made
http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...9c5d72e2f7.jpg

And I'm going to have to start earlyish to get a stocking done in time for this one, so I've been searching.

If Rolo's a boy, I really like this one
http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...7441b82f9c.jpg

Or for a girl this one
http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...9fd2aa99cc.jpg

Now if only I knew the sex for sure! I'd buy it right now! (I LOVE the train one, but I really do think it's a bit more boyish, or I'd just buy that one.)

Miss-Melissa-Sue May 16th, 2013 06:08 PM

Re: Since many of our babies will be here before Christmas...

We have those same types of stockings! For Christmas we will just fill the stocking. My mom makes two identical stockings. One for her own house and one for the grand child's.

kara74 May 16th, 2013 06:36 PM

My due date is so close to Christmas and I usually go late so I could potentially give birth on Christmas so I'm not planning on including the baby in any traditions. I'm usually a mess and out of it for a good week after birth so this year Christmas will most likely be low key. I feel bad for the kids. :(

Brittanie May 16th, 2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kara74 (Post 27370339)
My due date is so close to Christmas and I usually go late so I could potentially give birth on Christmas so I'm not planning on including the baby in any traditions. I'm usually a mess and out of it for a good week after birth so this year Christmas will most likely be low key. I feel bad for the kids. :(

Yeah, I'm planning on having as much as possible done before the baby is born. And the baby will probably get wipes in the stocking and diapers under the tree. :p

aln030482 May 16th, 2013 06:49 PM

Oh heaven's, I didn't even consider this until you mentioned it. Usually I'm the main gift buyer, decorator, wrapper, & cooker, but I have a huge feeling a lot will be done (hopefully) before or online. Since I'm expecting a c-section & know I will be completely exhausted, decorations will be light this year, with that responsibility falling on my older children & DH. The wrapping will definitely be done by DH. As far as the cooking, I started to introduce the older children (girls) to cooking last Easter when I was ill & needed their help, so with their assistance & DH, we'll manage.

bundle2baby May 16th, 2013 08:49 PM

Oh my goodness, Brittanie!! Those stocking are gorgeous! Did you say you made them?

NCRG2010 May 17th, 2013 05:16 AM

Haven't thought about it. I will definitely get everything done waaaaaay before Christmas. I'm due 5 days after but I can't imagine not having the baby before my due date. Nor do I want to be busting at Christmas. Everyone always comes here and I cook. I will definitely cater it this year. I will shop online, we wrap presents Christmas Eve but I obviously won't be abl to do that this year lol

DavidandJaidonsmomma May 17th, 2013 06:11 AM

I'm predicting that this baby will be here between my bday (Dec 14) and Christmas since I had my boys at 38 weeks, but I don't think I will really do anything for this child for Christmas this year. I honestly haven't really given it much thought though.

redbirds May 17th, 2013 07:10 AM

WOW, Brittanie! Those stockings are awesome! We have needlepoint stockings, and so I'll have to look into getting another one :) Baby will more than likely be here early Dec or even late Nov. My kids have all come between 1-3 weeks early, so I'm thinking closer to Thanksgiving than Christmas.

I'm also the main shopper, wrapper, decorator, etc... and it'll definitely be quieter. HOwever, I bet the grandparents will be up if the signs start to show and they will pitch in significantly :)

Depending on how early baby comes, we'll also try for Santa pics with them all :) and including baby in the yearly calendar we make with all the kids' pics.

I'm smiling so big now, thinking of it :D

feythful May 17th, 2013 07:50 AM

Since I'll probably be having a repeat c-section, I expect baby to be here the weekend before Christmas.

Since we're going to be so close to Christmas, I probably won't worry too much about it. I'll get out of the hospital like 3 days before Christmas, so yeah. It'll be low-key this year.

Brittanie May 17th, 2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bundle2baby (Post 27370620)
Oh my goodness, Brittanie!! Those stocking are gorgeous! Did you say you made them?

It's a kit. You cut out the pieces of felt, put a little embroidery and sequins on it, and then stitch them together. It has lines printed on it and everything to get everything in the right spot.

Meggie26 May 17th, 2013 07:56 AM

My due date is the 22nd, so I'm hoping baby decides to come right before or right after Christmas. Also, he or she can wait until after my daughter's 6th birthday on the 7th.. But I don't really have any traditions. But maybe now would be the time to start?!

JulieMc May 17th, 2013 01:16 PM

My due date is the 31st, but I usually have my babies early. I think its highly likely that I will have them before Christmas this time, just because its twins. Heck, I could even go in November...hopefully not, but I'm just giving myself this wide range of Thanksgiving to Christmas of when to possibly expect them.

We don't have any traditions like that. DH's family's party is Christmas Eve, and my family's thing is on Christmas Day. Honestly, if I could have my way..I'd have the babies on Christmas Eve...so I wouldn't have to feel obligated to either party. LOL. I really wish we could just do our own thing instead of running around so much.

bajars2531 May 17th, 2013 06:09 PM

Nothing special here. My mom died Dec 22, 2012--so I was planning on just trying to survive through this holiday season. I am not looking forward to any of it really. This baby is very bittersweet for us. I did find some stocking kits at her house that I will make for my kids when I can, just not this year probably.

bundle2baby May 17th, 2013 06:48 PM

I'm sorry for your loss B. :hug:

bundle2baby May 17th, 2013 07:25 PM

Well, this baby will likely be here a couple weeks before Christmas (might be having a c-section this time). We generally host the extended family here at our house for like a week! :eek: Half of me is excited by the idea, but in reality it will probably be totally chaotic with a newborn. Not sure I will be up for that. I'm thinking we will have to scale it way back this year and somehow break it to the fam. I will probably do most all the Christmas shopping way in advance so that everything is wrapped & ready. Depending on how old the little one is, we might take him/her to get a pic with Santa. We go to this wonderful house that has a huge outdoor Christmas display where the kids can get a pic with Santa.

bajars2531 May 17th, 2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bundle2baby (Post 27373103)
I'm sorry for your loss B. :hug:

Thank you. I really appreciate that :)

Papasgirl May 18th, 2013 03:36 AM

Bajars : I am so very sorry for your loss! I know how it goes. I lost my mom on Halloween night of 2007 and my dad passed on his birthday on dec 7, 2008, so the holiday season is kind of shaded now. I'm sorry your lost your mom. :dothug:

On another note, I am due either the 24th or the 25th. I am hoping it either happens right before or right after. I'd be good with the 22nd or even the 25th but at night... Lol... As if I have a choice.

redbirds May 18th, 2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajars2531 (Post 27373029)
Nothing special here. My mom died Dec 22, 2012--so I was planning on just trying to survive through this holiday season. I am not looking forward to any of it really. This baby is very bittersweet for us. I did find some stocking kits at her house that I will make for my kids when I can, just not this year probably.

I'm sorry B ((HUGS)) We're going to be here in the long haul, so don't forget to lean on us this holiday. Even with all of the wonderful blessings entering the world, we need to remember those other blessings (like your mom) that may no longer be here physically.

Brittanie May 18th, 2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajars2531 (Post 27373029)

:dothug: Holidays when you're missing someone are so hard!