JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anxiety (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2651202-anxiety.html)

DavidandJaidonsmomma May 17th, 2013 06:56 AM

Anxiety

My last pregnancy back in 09 ended in a missed miscarriage so although I'm excited about this pregnancy I'm pretty nervous. My next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks and it's driving me crazy. Do you think if I ask the dr to come in to hear the hb next week they'd be willing?

*~ Joni ~* May 17th, 2013 07:38 AM

Re: Anxiety

Doesn't hurt to call and ask, especially with your history. GL!

monkeymama2 May 17th, 2013 08:01 AM

Ask! I know how you feel. My appt is in 2 weeks. I got my own u/s 2 weeks ago. And guess what I'm doing again today?? Yep, another u/s. I've felt "different" and mostly I can acknowledge that I am just feeling anxiety, a part of me wonders if things are ok. I am telling myself this is the last time and then I'll just have to try and trust that everything will be ok. Anxiety sucks.

redbirds May 17th, 2013 08:06 AM

I am RIGHT THERE with you! I don't know why I'm so paranoid or worried this time around, but I am. It's awful. I am also wondering if I could just sneak in for a hb check on the doppler and not a full appointment, but I haven't asked yet. Every day, though, I do wonder and I think I should throw it out to her and see if she'll do it for me.

DavidandJaidonsmomma May 17th, 2013 08:31 AM

I called. I'm not far enough along yet. I'll be 10 weeks at my next appt and that is when you can hear the hb on the doppler they said.

Meggie26 May 17th, 2013 09:01 AM

Could you rent a doppler to ease your mind?

Hope the anxiety lets up sooner than later!

LadybugBanana May 17th, 2013 09:27 AM

My advice, don't rent a doppler unless you are certain it will not increase your anxiety...
I tried one at 8.5 weeks and freaked out, went to ER bc I couldnt find the HB... I was too early to hear it with the doppler they said... BUT they did an U/S there and I got to see that everything was great!!

I called my Dr on monday, and they got me in on wed to do an U/S to see how things were going, based on my history and my anxiety, they usually let me in as often as I want. which has been pretty frequent since I found out I was pregnant... Weve seen our lil one 5 times in 5 weeks... After 14-16 weeks, I wont be freaking out as much,when I can actually feel the baby

Papasgirl May 17th, 2013 09:34 AM

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Although I had a great ultrasound last week and saw a hearbeat of 146 and appropriate gestational growth of (at the time 7w+1d)... I am an axiety ridden basket case. My last four pregnancies ended in MC with low heartbeats and growth a week or two behind. So things look good, but i analyze everything from symptoms coming and going to eating etc. I can find every reason in the book as to why what I am feeling symptom wise is NOT related to pregnancy and that it is over. Some days I feel completely not preg and then others i feel it. I got a sonoline B doppler and I have been trying every day for the last four days and I can't get it to pick upl. I am only 8w1d though. Still way early, but I have heard of others getting their baby's hb at 8w4d and on... so i iwll keep trying and praying. I hope you find some relief soon. Don't you wish you could truly enjoy this? I know I do, but that will never happen