JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   House of Cards=My Life (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2651340-house-cards-my-life.html)

LadybugBanana May 17th, 2013 01:56 PM

House of Cards=My Life

Ok, I just needed somewhere to vent right now. I really hope yall don't mind:(

I am getting married this Thursday. Already bought my dress last Nov. It didn't fit as of last weekend. I had a friend overnight her dress to me from Northern Ohio and it came in yesterday. It fits. Barely. This preggo can't eat all week if I wanna keep fitting into it.
I don't have a clue how this decoration thing is gonna work. My mom and I are decorating it all ourselves. Trying to save money because we already rented a venue for our Sept wedding, which is now just going to be a large 300+ people celebration/reception. This wedding ceremony will have 34 people there. Which was really really hard to go from a 346 person guest list to 34 important people I want at my ceremony... I feel guilty and like crap for having to tell people we didn't have room...

Our rent is going up in a few months, so, we have less than 60 days to find and get approved to live somewhere else. Bad part is, we have to stay in my DDs school district and there are VERY FEW houses/apartments in this area that are available. Top district in the city.

I am getting laid off as of July 1. My company is downsizing. I wont be able to find another job while I am 5 months pregnant, especially since I am already starting to show...

My SO is starting to get really upset bc we havent DTD since we conceived this baby. I just dont feel like it... I tried, but got irritated before we even started...

My transmission is slipping and would not accelerate at all on the way to work today. Uggggg... My wonderful 23 yr old car that has been so so so so good to me, is finally dying and I am so sad.

I want to get over this nausea so so bad.. I want to be able to eat more than a few bites. Or at least something with more flavor than rice without getting sick...

And the icing on the cake, my dad just called and is being taken to the ER because he is having bad chest pains. He has COPD, a collapsed lung in 2001, and high blood pressure/cholesterol. My dad is one of those that doesn't go to the Dr. Ever. Even when he really needs to. He voluntarily asked to be taken to the hospital. So, now I am freaking out, waiting for the next 10 min to go by so I can leave work and drive an hour(without A/C in 90 degree weather) to go and be with my dad, after I rush to get DD from school and take her to my grandma's, because neither one of my sisters (who are both off of work today and do not have kids) are able to make it up there with him.

OK. Sorry for the novel and all the run on sentences... I just had to get all of that out there...

feythful May 17th, 2013 03:16 PM

Re: House of Cards=My Life

Oh my goodness darlin'. It's not raining, it's pouring on you right now. First of all, the wedding stuff will sort itself out. It always does, so take a deep breath. Just remember it's going to be a great day regardless of what happens because you'll be with your husband.

On to decorations. Do you belong to a church? Sometimes they have flower arrangements and things that they will loan out for things like a wedding. The other option is to go to Michaels or the dollar store and put them together yourself. Some candle holders and silk flowers. I think I spent about 80 dollars to decorate 15 tables.

I'm sorry about your dad and the financial stuff. I wish I had some way to help with all that. I'll send some prayer and positive thoughts your way that it will be resolved quickly.

bundle2baby May 17th, 2013 04:18 PM

Saying prayers that things ease up for you hon! :dothug:

*Leah* May 17th, 2013 04:52 PM

OMG OMG OMG ((HUGS)). Yes, when it rains, it pours doesn't it???!!

Just concentrate on one thing...being there for your dad...don't worry about all that other stuff right now. You WILL get through this.

You once said you lived in your car with your 4 mo old. I know you are a strong woman who can get through this!

HorseGal May 18th, 2013 05:53 AM

Geeze you sound like me with my first pregnancy. My life fell apart a number of times. But you take it one step at a time. Your getting laid off, so you can get unemployment right? You'll be married so you can get on your husbands insurance. As far as moving, you make it work, if you have to leave the district to keep your family floating, then thats just what you have to do. One step at a time and keep breathing.

redbirds May 18th, 2013 09:18 AM

I'm so so sorry!!! What a lot to manage.

Try to enjoy the wedding, it's a wonderful day! I know it's stressful leading up to it, but it'll be here before you know it and you will be just stunning in your dress :)

As for the job, One idea I have is to go through temp agencies for jobs. They may not be what you are used to, but they are jobs and they can pay decently. You could even ask for a desk job the farther along you get. I have a friend who was a teacher, quit, and just works for temp jobs and she LOVES it because it's always something different. Sometimes, she works for a month, sometimes for 6 months, but she rarely goes without work at all. I bet you certainly could find temp jobs until baby's born :)

For your car... I'm sorry. If it is the transmission, that's probably a good $1500, but if that's all it is, maybe you could get it fixed? Especially if you love it and it works for your family. It'd cost so much more for a new car and if everything else works well with it, it could be worth it!

I just hope you can find a new place. This is the time of year when people are moving, so hopefully something PERFECT will pop up for you! :fingerscrossed:

And, I hope your dad is OK :hug:

LadybugBanana May 22nd, 2013 06:47 AM

Thank you ladies for all your kind words! This has been a busy busy week, so I haven't had time to get on...

My dad is doing better, they say that his COPD is flaring up, so at least we know its not his heart...

As for my car, we have found a cheap easy fix for now, (lucas transmission additive lol) so, hoping that helps it to last a little longer!!

Still looking for a place to move to though, just going to take time I suppose:)

Wedding is tomorrow night and I am FREAKING out lol... Nothing else on my mind really except that...

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers!

blakesgirl09 May 22nd, 2013 07:22 AM

I'm glad things are working out for now. I can't wait to see pics of your big day!!! Post as soon as you can!! Congratulations!!!

kayakr May 22nd, 2013 07:39 AM

Good Luck with your big day tomorrow!

monkeymama2 May 22nd, 2013 08:25 AM

I'm glad your dad's ok! Don't worry about decorations--no one will care. Seriously. Just concentrate on what's happening---Getting Married!!!

Kivett12 May 22nd, 2013 08:30 AM

Congrats on your big day tomorrow! Can't wait to see some pics. Sounds like some things are starting to look up. I hope that you guys are able to find a place soon. Enjoy your big day!!!

SweetiePeas May 22nd, 2013 10:34 AM

Congrats on your big day tomorrow and enjoy. Glad things with your dad are okay.

Miss-Melissa-Sue May 22nd, 2013 12:23 PM

I'm glad your dad is doing better and things are looking u. Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear all about it!

lily26 May 24th, 2013 12:27 AM

i am glad things seem to be going a bit better for you , and that your dads ok. I hope your wedding was beautiful and fantastic!!