JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Facebook Group (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2651787-facebook-group.html)

beautiful.mess May 19th, 2013 09:39 PM

Facebook Group

Do we have a FB group set up for the December DDC?

Just curious because I want to be added if we do =]

JulieMc May 20th, 2013 05:12 AM

Re: Facebook Group

A Facebook group is generally not a good idea here until we all get to know eachother and are well-established as a group as they pretty much kill off the DDCs and PRs rather quickly. That being said, I do not believe a group has been made for this DDC on Facebook.

kara74 May 20th, 2013 07:58 AM

While a FB group can have it's good points (more privacy), I found it hard to keep up with the amount of posts with my last DDC. I also found it hard to match people with their user names on the forum. I don't believe the FB group for my last DDC was up and running until several months in. It was at least a few weeks into the second trimester, if I recall correctly.

anybodyinthere May 20th, 2013 08:29 AM

Justmommies frowns upon people creating FB goups, simply because it is a DDC killer.

beautiful.mess May 20th, 2013 05:14 PM

Understandable :]

CherryLimeade May 20th, 2013 09:44 PM

I'd love it, just cause facebook is a breeze for posting. But we don't need it, I guess.

psboden May 22nd, 2013 01:23 PM

I would post more on FB!

NCRG2010 May 22nd, 2013 07:01 PM

We can just friend each other lol

.nicole.michele. May 23rd, 2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRG2010 (Post 27387477)
We can just friend each other lol

good point ;)

hugssandi November 13th, 2013 12:57 AM

It looks like some are/have friended each other? I'm feelin' left out! LOL! PM me if you're interested in fb friending me! :)

JulieC7 November 13th, 2013 01:50 AM

I like it better here because sometimes I have things to say that I don't want my high school classmates and my husband's grandfather reading. Like, do they need to know about my cervical mucus??? I think not.

hugssandi November 13th, 2013 02:15 AM

Sorry, Julie! This is a very old thread I bumped just to say I'd love to fb friend my ddc buds after gathering that some have already done that. I think the decision was already made NOT to form a fb group. I'm not at all advocating doing so, however there are ways to keep it secret on fb if that happened.

HorseGal November 13th, 2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieC7 (Post 27794902)
I like it better here because sometimes I have things to say that I don't want my high school classmates and my husband's grandfather reading. Like, do they need to know about my cervical mucus??? I think not.

My 2011 PR is a secret group. We talk about all sorts of tmi things and no one can read it but us :-)

I'd like to see a fb group... AFTER the babies are born.

NCRG2010 November 13th, 2013 04:35 AM

I agree. I do love me some Facebook friend away

swade66 November 13th, 2013 05:58 AM

Nothing on the internet is private. Not the private room here and not a private group on FB. Harder to get the information? Yes. But you should never assume anywhere in the internet is totally private and secret. ;)

That said, I still think we shouldn't have a group on FB while pregnant. It kills the board updates and lets face it people come here to read birth stories and updates. I might be willing to friend people but I post a lot of political things. That's a warning.

redbirds November 13th, 2013 06:12 AM

I don't do FB. No smart phone, no time, no desire So...

kara74 November 13th, 2013 08:09 AM

I do use FB but I don't post terribly often. I'll put up a picture of the kids now and then or share something funny or interesting I've found online but that's about it. I'm not one to overshare about what's going on in my life. I do way more of that here than I do on FB. I figure most of my FB friends do not care about my pregnancy woes. It's not really about privacy for me, it's more not wanting to bore the crap out of ppl with my pregnancy/baby obsessing lol.

JulieC7 November 13th, 2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27795140)
Nothing on the internet is private. Not the private room here and not a private group on FB. Harder to get the information? Yes. But you should never assume anywhere in the internet is totally private and secret. ;)

Oh, totally. If somebody I know in real life wanted to hunt down my posts on a baby board and read them, they probably could. And then if they're grossed out by questions about my cervix or what baby poop is supposed to look like, that's their problem for being a creepy stalker. I didn't know private groups existed on FB.

SweetiePeas November 13th, 2013 09:01 AM

I agree with the facebook group after baby, but do not mind friending:)

blakesgirl09 November 13th, 2013 10:22 AM

Me neither! I'd rather not have a group dedicated to the ddc. I really like coming here for updates but I certainly don't mind adding any one of you. Adorablearmoire@yahoo.com.