JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   lunchmeats? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2651927-lunchmeats.html)

tanamom of 2 May 20th, 2013 10:43 AM

lunchmeats?

Who is still eating lunch meats? Do you always warm it up or eat it cold?

ChicaChels May 20th, 2013 10:48 AM

Re: lunchmeats?

i had a ham and cheese sandwich yesterday. we just buy nitrite free. but yesterday it wasnt, since we were at my husband's grandparent's house. and ive had subway quite a bit, sometimes i just get veggies..but sometimes i get meat

Oriyan May 20th, 2013 11:06 AM

Me. I eat it cold. Way I see it, never in my entire life of eating lunch meat have I ever gotten ill.

kara74 May 20th, 2013 11:21 AM

I always eat it warmed up. Even when I'm not pregnant. It's just my preference, nothing to do with bacteria fears or whatever. I can't stomach it right now but otherwise I would eat it.

redbirds May 20th, 2013 11:24 AM

I eat it for lunch a lot. Cold. It's #4 with me and, like others said, in all my life, I've never gotten sick from lunch meat. My doc even kind of snickered at the caution and said that as long as I kept it cold in the frig and it was fresh and all, I should just keep eating it!

Kivett12 May 20th, 2013 11:31 AM

I still eat it, COLD. I have never had a problem with it, even with my 1st pg. When I go to Subway, I get my sandwich toasted, but that's just b/c I like them that way.

feythful May 20th, 2013 12:35 PM

Me. I eat it cold. I spent the first pregnancy craving a sub from the deli at my local grocery store (any of you with a Publix near your house know what I mean). During my second pregnancy I asked my sister who is the manager of one of their deli departments if she was worried about it. She said they test for listeria weekly and have to clean everything once a week in a full tear-down fashion. So, I trust their meat.

kayakr May 20th, 2013 12:44 PM

I haven't been eating it but I haven't wanted it either. I usually just get a veggie sub when I go to subway so it hasn't been to much of an issue for me.

bajars2531 May 20th, 2013 12:57 PM

Me, I eat it hot or cold, depends on what I am having.

blakesgirl09 May 20th, 2013 01:11 PM

Doesn't bother me in the slightest and I LOVE subway!! I eat there for lunch at least twice a week!!

Mama_2boys May 20th, 2013 01:48 PM

Guess I am in the minority... 1st thing my dr said after he confirmed my pregnancy was, "Don't eat lunch meats!" So I have stayed away. Stayed away with all my pregnancies so far. I know 2 people who got listeria while pregnant and it scares the crap out of me!

anybodyinthere May 20th, 2013 02:22 PM

I eat lunchmeat. I have also had raw sushi...*gasp!*

SweetiePeas May 20th, 2013 07:20 PM

Well if it sounded good I would eat it,lol! My OB said it was fine in moderation and not to eat it from a place that might not keep the food cold enough, such as a pizza shop.

eilla05 May 20th, 2013 07:42 PM

A month or so ago I was justifying eating it to myself.....then I found out about this....

Listeria scare in Southeastern United States - National Architecture & Design | Examiner.com

I have had one cold sandwich and figure if I eat one about once a month cold I should be good otherwise I will eat them hot or not at all.

CherryLimeade May 21st, 2013 09:59 AM

I haven't really been interested in it lately but yeah I'll still eat it. I've eaten sushi too. In Japan, raw fish and sushi are a big part of their diets and they don't stop eating it during pregnancy. I just stay away from high mercury fish, which is shark and swordfish, which I've never eaten anyway.

monkeymama2 May 21st, 2013 10:07 AM

I'm eating it. I buy organic, not sure if that matters, but I'm not really worried about listeria.

bundle2baby May 21st, 2013 11:04 AM

:hungry: I am loving sandwiches right now! We buy Boar's Head meats at Sprouts, which are always really good. I eat them hot or cold.

cupcakeboo81 May 21st, 2013 01:05 PM

I am - sometimes I make it a melt sandwich just because it sounds good, but I've had it cold too. Not every day. It just sounds good sometimes.

emilybobemily May 21st, 2013 01:07 PM

I asked my doc about this and he said it doesn't have to be HOT it just has to be cooked before you eat it. so I zap mine in the microwave for like 10 sec and then let it cool and eat it.

.nicole.michele. May 21st, 2013 01:51 PM

me I eat it cold ... always have even with my last 2 pg never caused harm to me at all