JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cell-free fetal DNA test (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2652094-cell-free-fetal-dna-test.html)

geekgrrl123 May 20th, 2013 05:19 PM

Cell-free fetal DNA test

Have any of you had blood drawn for the cell-free fetal DNA test? I had mine taken today to test for Downs and other chromosomal defects and am curious to hear if anyone else had taken one already and received results.

Apparently they will also be able to tell me the gender, which is a nice bonus and I didn't think that was possible at just 11 weeks.

Now I just have to wait 10 long days for the results! :)

redbirds May 20th, 2013 08:29 PM

Re: Cell-free fetal DNA test

There are a couple of posts on the board about this ;) Which one did you get done? I go on on Friday for my MaterniT21 Plus test. I'll be 11 weeks.

I hope you get negative (wonderful) results and you don't have to wait too long.

ChicaChels May 21st, 2013 09:54 AM

nope, they offer me the quad screening at 16w, which we do - not because it will determine if i terminate or not, but because i want to know everything i can about something that may show up...but they dont do gender with that

kara74 May 22nd, 2013 05:59 PM

I'm having the MaterniT21 done at 12 weeks.

For others who are having the MaterniT21 done, are you also doing the first screen/NT scan and later on the quad screen?

I was told that the MaterniT21 is sufficient and would basically take the place of the first screen, NT scan, and quad screen except for one of the components of the quad screen. I'm only having the MaterniT21 done this time. If that comes back positive, God forbid, I will opt for an amnio just to be sure.

redbirds May 22nd, 2013 06:50 PM

Kara, my MFM facility doesn't do both the integrated quad screen and the M21+ test unless you got the integrated quad screen first and there was an issue with it and then followed up with the M21+... So... I'm getting the M21+ and foregoing the integrated quad screen, but I am getting the NT scan on the 4th of June.

NCRG2010 May 22nd, 2013 07:07 PM

I go to the dr the 30 th so I will ask. I normally get the cvs at 11 weeks I would do that again, if I can not get the maternit21

Sophie VC June 17th, 2013 04:30 AM

I read a lot about this test for paternity using cell free fetal DNA. I was thinking of doing it but then got put off because I didnt feel comfortable and everything seemed ok anyway with the scans . I found easyDNA offer this type of test easyDNA Ltd - Company Profile - Buyers' Guide - MRO Magazine but there seem to be many other labs.