JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   bedding shopping? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2652370-bedding-shopping.html)

ChicaChels May 21st, 2013 03:32 PM

bedding shopping?

anyone else already browsing? what are you finding that you love? what are you finding that you HATE :giggle:

Brittanie May 21st, 2013 04:59 PM

Re: bedding shopping?

I'm planning on making it if it's a boy. If it's a girl I'll be reusing my set with Allison

Lambs & Ivy Emma Pink Animals 5 Piece Crib Bedding Set FREE SHIPPING

I was going to make hers, but I saw that and it was just perfect.

*~ Joni ~* May 21st, 2013 05:42 PM

We'll re-use Jamason's set. It's neutral and organic (our kids tend to have allergies)
Nature's Purest Sleepy Safari 4-Piece Crib Set:Amazon:Baby

feythful May 21st, 2013 07:41 PM

I'll probably just get some really nice blankets until we move and each of the kids get their own room. I'm not a fan of most themed sets. I don't know why but jungle and ocean themed stuff drives me crazy. I'm also not a big fan of licensed character stuff like mickey mouse or Cars. There are some that are low key and I think they're cute...for other people's kids, but I can't imagine doing it with my own. We bought a crib set for DD1 and it was a pastel green dragonfly set. DD2 is using it now. Really cute. If it's a boy, we'll get some boy colored blankets and call it square until we get all the kids in toddler beds.

Here's what Em's set looks like: http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...9a61fb7e55.jpg

Brittanie, I wish I had seen that one when I was looking for Emily's that's super cute!

Miss-Melissa-Sue May 21st, 2013 07:59 PM

If we have a girl I like this one

Cotton Tale Lizzie 4 Piece Crib Bedding Set : Target

If its a boy and he is named after my grandfather it will be tractor themed. He was a farmer.

Oriyan May 22nd, 2013 05:13 AM

I don't even bother getting bedding -- can't use most of it anyway! I just get some really nice fitted sheets, a dust ruffle and some decorations.

*~ Joni ~* May 22nd, 2013 06:03 AM

I like those breathable mesh bumpers for the first 6 months but I can't find any organic ones

Oriyan May 22nd, 2013 06:51 AM

Joni: I dont think they make them in Organic.

Mollyjayne May 22nd, 2013 07:23 AM

I'm going to use Q's ots all woodland animal theme. I still like that theme. But I saw a where the wild things are theme and died it was soooo cute!

**jessie** May 22nd, 2013 08:39 AM

We have tons of bedding from the boys so won't be getting any this time around. These have been the kid's absolute favorite sheets (plain fitted sheets). So soft and holds up great to frequent washing. Amazon.com: Carters Easy Fit Velour Plush Crib Fitted Sheet, Chocolate: Baby

We don't use any other bedding other than a dust ruffle and a music mobile so kind of boring here.

kara74 May 22nd, 2013 08:40 AM

If it's a girl, we'll re-use DD's bedding since she barely used it. If it's a boy, I'll probably get a plain bumper and sheets. I'll just get new nursery letters done and boyish art work. The walls are painted light green so gender neutral.

Meggie26 May 22nd, 2013 08:52 AM

I don't bother because I co-sleep and its just a waste to me really.

kara74 May 22nd, 2013 09:05 AM

:)

This is why my daughter's bedding is barely used. She maybe slept in her crib a handful of times for naps. This baby is going to have to be cribbing it. I don't have anymore room in my bed unless I kick DD out and I'm not ready to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meggie26 (Post 27385169)
I don't bother because I co-sleep and its just a waste to me really.

ChicaChels May 22nd, 2013 02:13 PM

I love to do cute rooms. I'm gaga for Brylies room. It's pink and brown stripes and polka dots. We probably spent 20 hours painting it. And there were 4 of us! The border took my sil 10 hours to trace and cut out and stencil on the wall :)

I want to do chevron if its a girl. Bright pink and turquoise with a white crib and changing table, but I want to paint the changing table somehow.

If its a boy, he'll likely just room with hunter. We're redoing a room for him in the next few weeks and were putting a bunk bed in. It'll be football with husker accents :)

beautiful.mess May 22nd, 2013 06:46 PM

I haven't looked because I'm weird and feel like I need to know the gender so I can do very specific browsing lol
I do have color schemes in mind already for both genders so once we know I can start shopping. We used the same bedding for both of my girls so we'll for sure be getting new stuff this time around.

BoyerMom May 22nd, 2013 08:02 PM

We have a turtle print bedding set and mobile. I wanted to switch it up, so we are switching to Woodland Animals theme. I got some cute fabric and my friend is going to make a cover for the blanket, and then will just get plain sheets. We moved when my son was 3 weeks old, so I am excited to be able to have a room ready for when we bring baby home.

JulieMc May 23rd, 2013 02:07 PM

I pretty much learned after my first not to waste money on it. He never slept in his crib. It was bed sharing & bassinet and then the pack n play in our room...he just hated the crib. My second has only slept a few hours here and there in her crib (she bed shares), and now sleeps in her own twin sized bed. Even if you do use the crib...all you really need is a fitted sheet...the rest of the stuff is just hazardous, tbh.

I think I might have to use the crib this time though, cuz twins like to be together, right? I don't think I can bed share with two unless I kick DH out of the bed for a year...which wouldn't be fun! So I'll just buy a few new fitted sheets in a neutral print or solid color....soft ones. I like the jersey type material.

ChicaChels May 23rd, 2013 05:49 PM

brylie slept in her crib starting at 5m...hunter and dad sleep in the guest room 99% of the time but im all about a cutesy room :lol:

NCRG2010 May 24th, 2013 08:16 AM

I have bedding from mason. If its a girl I will have to get something but we are going to move it will wait till then

lily26 May 24th, 2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyerMom (Post 27387653)
We have a turtle print bedding set and mobile. I wanted to switch it up, so we are switching to Woodland Animals theme. I got some cute fabric and my friend is going to make a cover for the blanket, and then will just get plain sheets. We moved when my son was 3 weeks old, so I am excited to be able to have a room ready for when we bring baby home.

Where did you find the turtle bedding?