JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   BTDT Babywearin' Mamas (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2652945-btdt-babywearin-mamas.html)

beautiful.mess May 23rd, 2013 11:59 AM

BTDT Babywearin' Mamas

What's your favorite carrier?
Since I had both my girls, I've wanted an Ergo and could never justify spending that much on one. This time I'm going for it, but I've been looking around and there are so many carriers to choose from!!

The BabyHawk, Ergo and Tula carriers all have a very similar look. I'm wondering which I should end up choosing and what makes one different from the other. Any input?

kara74 May 23rd, 2013 12:03 PM

Re: BTDT Babywearin' Mamas

I like the Boba. I paid about $70 for it on Amazon. It's not for tiny babies though. It's for like 6 mos. and up.

Miss-Melissa-Sue May 23rd, 2013 12:10 PM

With DD I had a Kozy I used when she was older. This time I really I'm going to get a Moby and maybe more!

CA-mommy-to-be May 23rd, 2013 12:20 PM

I have an Ergo. I like the flexibility to baby wear on my front or back.

DH uses a Baby Bjorn.

beautiful.mess May 23rd, 2013 12:23 PM

The Boba looks similar too! I'm thinking I want a ring sling too. So many choices!!

SweetiePeas May 23rd, 2013 01:11 PM

I will prob get an ergo this time. I used a patapum with my son and think ergo is better. I still have some research to do on this:)

anybodyinthere May 23rd, 2013 01:16 PM

I like my Ergo the best, but I am going to sell it and get an Ergo Sport because my regular Ergo is so flipping hot!

Brittanie May 23rd, 2013 01:34 PM

I have a strip of fabric, that I wrap like a moby I guess. I'd still wear Allison if she'd let me. I've never used a carrier like those others.

Mollyjayne May 23rd, 2013 01:37 PM

I have a Moby that I used when Q was tiny and I wanted an ergo, but they are sooo expensive (for us) so I did tons of research and decided I wasn't in to the snaps and adjusting them so I opted for a mei tai style carrier. I thought I wanted a Baby hawk but again sooooo expensive so I looked and looked and found the infantino mei tai for 1/3 of the cost and so far I love it!

beautiful.mess May 23rd, 2013 02:06 PM

I have an Infantino one too. This one...
Infantino Carrier
It's worked out okay with my youngest (we don't really use it anymore), but I am still on the hunt. We had a Moby too, but I ended up selling it. I did really like it, but it just seemed like kind of a pain t get on.

Mollyjayne May 23rd, 2013 02:14 PM

That one looks pretty cool why dont you use it much any more ?

we have this one
Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier Black/Gray:Amazon:Baby

JulieMc May 23rd, 2013 03:00 PM

I like wraps for when they are little. I like the Moby and the Sleepy Wrap. For the more structured carriers...I prefer the Ergo, and I have tried out many of the others. It is simply the most comfortable for both me and my kids. Unfortunatey mine got ruined in storage (grr!!)..something spilled on it and it was all moldy by the time I discovered it. So I'll be buying a new one, but not right away because I don't really like those for newborns (even though they sell newborn inserts, I prefer using them around 6 months old).

feythful May 23rd, 2013 04:37 PM

I have a boba wrap (formerly called the sleepy wrap) for when they're really little. I like it better than the moby because I tie it as tight as I want and then it stretches to accomodate the baby.

I'm either going to get a Kozy mei tei or a Beco carrier for Josie, who will almost be 2 by the time the baby is here. I'm a plus size girl, so the ergo isn't a good choice for me. The Beco and Kozy have long enough straps to fit me and my 6'4" husband.

beautiful.mess May 23rd, 2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollyjayne (Post 27389952)
That one looks pretty cool why dont you use it much any more ?

we have this one
Infantino Sash Mei Tai Carrier Black/Gray:Amazon:Baby

My littlest is just getting too big. She weighs pretty close to 40lbs. I've actually brought it back out to use with the 6 month old I watch.

That one looks cool too, Mollyjayne. Pretty similar!

ChicaChels May 23rd, 2013 06:42 PM

I have a ring sling that i LOVE for tiny babies...i did not like the moby at all, i never felt like it was tight enough and i felt like i was holding the baby anyway.

i used to have a babyhawk oh snap and i liked it, but i was gifted an ergo and never touched my babyhawk again.

I have an ellaroo, but i should just sell it...it's a mei tei and i like it for around the house, but i dont use it enough.

my friend has a boba and ive borrowed it on outings and i like it a lot, but i still prefer my ergo. we have the infant insert for the ergo, but i only used it twice. i just froggied hunter's legs and he was fine. the infant insert was too hot (but he was born early summer vs early winter, so it probably wouldnt be so bad for a winter baby)

bajars2531 May 23rd, 2013 08:39 PM

Beco, hands down--I have a Gemini but I have been eying the new Soleil they have out, I think I am going to get one. No insert needed, super comfy, (I still use it regularly and my son is 26lbs) and they are way cuter than Ergo. I wouldn't even blink about the price--they are worth every penny. If you baby wear, it pays to get a good carrier. The cheap ones suck.

ChicaChels May 23rd, 2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feythful (Post 27390381)
I have a boba wrap (formerly called the sleepy wrap) for when they're really little. I like it better than the moby because I tie it as tight as I want and then it stretches to accomodate the baby.

I'm either going to get a Kozy mei tei or a Beco carrier for Josie, who will almost be 2 by the time the baby is here. I'm a plus size girl, so the ergo isn't a good choice for me. The Beco and Kozy have long enough straps to fit me and my 6'4" husband.

the ergo has a waist extender you can buy...i was able to wear brylie my whole pregnancy with hunter with it, and DH is able to wear the kids too! its great!

Brittanie May 23rd, 2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27390746)
I have a ring sling that i LOVE for tiny babies...i did not like the moby at all, i never felt like it was tight enough and i felt like i was holding the baby anyway.

Funny, I've never had that problem, but I've heard several with Mobys say that. Maybe because mine isn't actually a moby, it's just fabric? I just wrap it with the moby wraps.

CherryLimeade May 24th, 2013 11:06 AM

I like my Ergo, I haven't been able to use it much since I've been pregnant though. It's awesome when your babe starts getting heavy cause there is plenty of padding. When my son was tinier though, I just used a wahm made mei tai I found off of etsy. It was comfortable until he hit the 15 lb mark lol.

If you're researching carriers your size should be a consideration. Onya carriers are not meant for petite women, I hear. And the Ergo I have to tighten the shoulder straps nearly all the way to get a snug fit. You can always go the super crunchy route and buy a woven wrap. They're sooo pretty, but require tying.

feythful May 24th, 2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27391009)
the ergo has a waist extender you can buy...i was able to wear brylie my whole pregnancy with hunter with it, and DH is able to wear the kids too! its great!

Even with the extender, I've read that it is HORRIBLY uncomfortable for super curvy women. I'm short and super fat. That's not being harsh on myself, just the honest truth of it. So, I've done a ton of research on plus-size friendly carriers. I've had more than one friend my size sell theirs and go with a more plus-size friendly carrier.