JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Facebook (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2658607-facebook.html)

Meradithh90 June 14th, 2013 11:01 AM

Facebook

Do any of you ladies have eachother on Facebook yet? I would love to add you girls. :grouphug:

anybodyinthere June 14th, 2013 11:49 AM

Re: Facebook

Most of us are waiting to be further along and know each other better before sharing our FB with people.

DDC's have trolls and weirdos (same thing? Lol) sometimes and it's good to weed most of that out before getting personal.

mommy-of-one June 14th, 2013 01:56 PM

After the troll that was in my DDC in 2007, I am very hesitant... If I add a facebook friend and after I stalk it for a few min if it seems fishy, I delete and block...
With that being said, I will gladly give my info to anyone that wants to add me, however I will only over private message!!

hugssandi June 14th, 2013 02:46 PM

What happened with that 2007 troll? Or is that not cool to ask? SO HARD that a few hafta ruin something good! :(

lily26 June 14th, 2013 06:46 PM

aw :( that really sucks about troll! i would have figured a board for mommies would be the last place a troll preyed on.

If we had a private place I would love to pass on my information, or by pm!

feythful June 14th, 2013 08:48 PM

Lily, there are lonely people out there who love attention and no internet source of attention is safe from them. It's really sad that they get their kicks by using and abusing the emotions of others, but it's reality.

LOL, we had a troll in my first DDC too. She ended up getting called out and I can't remember if she got banned or just stopped getting attention in the various forums she tried and quit.

HorseGal June 15th, 2013 04:46 AM

We had girls after 2 years go troll on us... So odd. One faked a triplet pregnancy by her husband whose V apparently failed.

anybodyinthere June 15th, 2013 05:34 AM

We had a troll in my last DDC who stole pics from a real family's blog about their tragic medical problems, etc. lied abut everything, had a fake Facebook, etc. the family whose personal information was being used ended up helping to bust her on Facebook and we busted her here.

It was sick.

Trolls get found.

ChicaChels June 15th, 2013 08:03 AM

we've had some trolls in my past DDC too..but nothing so crazy that I really remember the details..

Anyone can add me on FB if they want, just PM me if you want my full name :)

.nicole.michele. June 15th, 2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseGal (Post 27449489)
We had girls after 2 years go troll on us... So odd. One faked a triplet pregnancy by her husband whose V apparently failed.

thats awful !!! because it really does happen to people ... some people I swear :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27449688)
we've had some trolls in my past DDC too..but nothing so crazy that I really remember the details..

same here ! :ditto2:

Miss-Melissa-Sue June 15th, 2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27449688)

Same here :smile:

Meradithh90 June 17th, 2013 10:56 AM

Trolls is the exact reason why I have a seperate Facebook for JM friends that I don't post as many pictures on.
Can't trust everyone.

n8tsmomma June 17th, 2013 11:54 AM

We had a troll in the Feb 2012 DDC that just got caught after almost two years. She had stolen pictures of her sisters daughter and passed her off as her own. The bigger issue is that she faked having Tourette's and major brain surgeries and all sorts of things. It took 3 of us asking each other if we had ever seen pictures of parents with the kids or even the kids together no one had. She had like 20 fake profiles of family and friends. I still am shocked and we caught her in March. In retrospect we should have been a little more wary that someone with such a bad case of Tourette's was a gourmet chef.

anybodyinthere June 17th, 2013 12:14 PM

You made a separate FB just for JM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meradithh90 (Post 27454271)
Trolls is the exact reason why I have a seperate Facebook for JM friends that I don't post as many pictures on.
Can't trust everyone.

swade66 June 17th, 2013 12:28 PM

My last DDC was riddled with trolls...it was insane. Then one near ours had them and willfully ignored the fact.

A second FB account? Why not just set privacy groups? That's strange.

CherryLimeade June 17th, 2013 01:38 PM

I've never personally seen anything like this stuff above ^ but man! That is ***** creepy. Like, how crazy can some people get? Makes me want to hide in a closet and turn off my internet and devices. *shivers*

Meggie26 June 17th, 2013 02:06 PM

We had a troll, or several, I think in my September '10 group.. Right Gwynne?

swade66 June 17th, 2013 02:30 PM

Trolls can be entertaining and frustrating. The sad part is when they have a horrid story that they stole or people believe it.

In my last DDC we had a funny one. Her SO was some secret government somebody and then she had a brand new car that wasn't even on the market yet. She was a harmless funny troll.

The one anybodyinthere mentioned...she was not funny she was horrid.

feythful June 17th, 2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8tsmomma (Post 27454464)
We had a troll in the Feb 2012 DDC that just got caught after almost two years.

Darn. To think I missed that. I left that group around 4 months pregnant. Just couldn't keep up with a newly mobile little one AND the forums.

That explains where I recognize your name from.

n8tsmomma June 17th, 2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feythful (Post 27455066)

That explains where I recognize your name from.

I thought I recognized your's too but all the Feb moms moved to Facebook so I thought I was wrong.