JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone else have the blues? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2660597-anyone-else-have-blues.html)

HorseGal June 22nd, 2013 10:02 AM

Anyone else have the blues?

Nothing seems to excite me anymore. The only time I am happy is with my son. I spend most of my time in total "blah" or numb mode. I hate it. I'm a very spirited and energetic person but I just feel so down and have since I found out I was pregnant. It came as a surprise and the same day that SO and I had a big fight. I thought it was the fight but 3 months down the road, i think my hormones have me screwed up. I have dealt with severe anxiety for a long time now, but it goes up and down and this is constant. I have such a short fuse with everyone right now. I hate it. I just want to feel happy. Isn't that supposed to be apart of the pregnancy glow :(

kara74 June 22nd, 2013 10:17 AM

Re: Anyone else have the blues?

I wouldn't say I have the blues but I definitely feel "blah." Nothing excites me. I'm going through the motions for the most part. I can't stand having to go to work anymore because I'm having a hard time focusing. I just want to stay home and do nothing. :/. I don't feel down about it, just blah.

ETA - I think a lot of it is due to having to deal with a lot of things that have come up suddenly, mostly extra expenses - car broke down a few weeks ago which ended up costing $1200 to fix, same car was hit by a hit and run driver and will most likely get totaled out by the insurance co. so we'll need to put more $ into a new car, my dental ins. is shot for the year and as luck would have it I had to get a root canal ($1300 out of pocket), my husband decided he HAD to go visit his mom in Egypt ($1500 ticket plus spending money)...if things keep going like this I'll be bankrupt before long. :/ So yeah that's not making things any easier.

Sorry to hijack with my issues. Just having a hard day today.

summerbaby1 June 22nd, 2013 10:19 AM

I feel ya girly...I have anxiety issues also and pregnancy has made it worse...actually pregnancy has made ALL of my negative emotions worse...road rage, irritability, anxiety, sadness, I hate saying that but it's true. DF looks at me sometimes like he doesn't know me when I think I've just snapped at him but apparently it's worse than I think it is. Sometimes I just really feel the need to run away and go someplace peaceful, preferably with a great view of a beach or a river and just relax and try to get myself together.
A friend of mine has urged me to start meditating and I think I may try that.

kara74 June 22nd, 2013 10:26 AM

Summerbaby, your running away idea sounds very appealing. :)

summerbaby1 June 22nd, 2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kara74 (Post 27468409)
Summerbaby, your running away idea sounds very appealing. :)

We should all run away to the beach together...a pregnant lady commune. Plenty of space for privacy or chilling with the girls, private chefs to cook us whatever we want when we want it, 24/7 massage therapy and spa....complete and total relaxation for 9 months.

anybodyinthere June 22nd, 2013 10:32 AM

Yes yes yes. I was over the moon happy when I was preg with DS but the whole first tri with this baby I've felt just blah. I'm also a very happy person so this is strange for me. I do feel a little more like myself now that I'm at about 14 weeks so I hope things keep out!

I also have anxiety, never to the extent that it has been treated or anything but I could see getting on meds after this baby is born if I don't perk up. And the mention of road rage...OmG yes. I just cannot tolerate people right now!!!

NCRG2010 June 22nd, 2013 10:42 AM

I feel blah too. My kids keep me very busy but I have zero drive to actually move or do things. I feel like I am dragging ***** all the time. I just want to lay in bed lol. Normally I am a baby supply shopping fool. I have zero interest this time. Poor kid

TwinMamaS June 22nd, 2013 11:01 AM

I am very blah. I've had issues with anxiety and depression and finally got a handle on it after months of therapy with a psychotherapist and EMDR (which is not approved for pregnancy). I've changed my weekly appointments to monthly, because quite frankly I'm too tired to have any emotions. I just feel done with everything - work especially. I do have periods of irritability - mostly projected towards my husband, but for the most part I'm just too tired to care. I feel like I should be out enjoying the summer and visiting with people, but I just don't have the motivation. I'm all for sequestering ourselves at the beach for the next few months!

hugssandi June 22nd, 2013 12:52 PM

I'm so sorry for all of you with the blues! I have experienced it with some pregnancies in the past, but thankfully I am not experiencing this go-round. The good news in experiencing it during pregnancy from my experience is that it immediately clears when the baby is born! I would think that easier than PPD.

UGH anxiety. I have found that as I get older, I have developed anxieties. I don't remember having them when I was younger, but it especially manifests itself when my littlest children are sick. I worry over them to the point of not sleeping! You'd think after five children you'd have it down~LOL~but I never felt this way with the first ones. It's what concerns me most about mothering a newborn at this age.

swade66 June 22nd, 2013 01:40 PM

Add me to blah.

I have no desire to do anything. I am usually a huge reader and I haven't read in months. Work makes me bored...I have zero motivation to even go every day. I just want to sleep and lay around and sleep some more.

Plus I ak witchy. A lot of what I usually keep inside is coming out. Which is bad because I only hold back the bad stuff from my husband.

HorseGal June 22nd, 2013 01:40 PM

Uh I can totally relate to just downright dreading going to work everyday

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27468707)
Add me to blah.

I have no desire to do anything. I am usually a huge reader and I haven't read in months. Work makes me bored...I have zero motivation to even go every day. I just want to sleep and lay around and sleep some more.

Plus I ak witchy. A lot of what I usually keep inside is coming out. Which is bad because I only hold back the bad stuff from my husband.

This is all me right now too!

n8tsmomma June 22nd, 2013 04:03 PM

I completely feel the same. I am either depressed, anxious, or apathetic almost all the time. I don't want to get out of bed most days because I just don't care to do anything so I just go through the motions because I have two other kids to care for. I feel horrible because I am finding it hard to have any emotions this pregnancy I remember how much I loved having ultrasounds and getting to peek at the baby with my other two and this time I could really care less about seeing them as long as everything is fine.

I know part of my issues are caused by fear in my family 3rd pregnancies do not result in live births so I am terrified of going for an ultrasound and hearing that my baby has passed so I am not allowing myself to bond. I also feel like now that I have a 3rd on the way I am noticing how great life was with the two I had and this baby is going to ruin that. I am sure it will pass at some point and I will get to a happy place but I sure wish I could get there quicker.

morgan'smom June 22nd, 2013 04:28 PM

I've been feeling that way too. I just really don't know why. I'm hoping a little vacation back home to Michigan helps

HorseGal June 23rd, 2013 05:14 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I wish I was because i know how crappy this feels :-/