JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Is anyone not telling the gender (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2660746-anyone-not-telling-gender.html)

NCRG2010 June 23rd, 2013 06:18 AM

Is anyone not telling the gender

When they already know, like on Facebook
Or family?

anybodyinthere June 23rd, 2013 06:41 AM

Re: Is anyone not telling the gender

I might only tell family.

People have been telling me that I have to have a girl this time since they found out I was preg and I know they will say awkward and stupid things if/when they find out it is a boy, which the NT scan seems to favor.

I'm thinking I might keep it a secret so that I don't "accidentally" tell someone off for being stupid. :)

ChicaChels June 23rd, 2013 06:57 AM

we keep it a secret except for about 10 people IRL and i share online because i know i would slip up anyway

kara74 June 23rd, 2013 07:30 AM

I don't keep it a secret. I see no reason to personally.

HorseGal June 23rd, 2013 07:56 AM

I won't keep it a secret. It wouldn't serve much of a purpose for me. I like using the babies name ahead of time and if this is a boy, then I need nothing pretty much, if it's a girl then at least there will be a reason for a baby shower lol. Which I know people are looking forward to.

swade66 June 23rd, 2013 08:01 AM

We will tell. Our Facebook announcement will be the gender. Until then only family and people we see all the time know.

**jessie** June 23rd, 2013 09:22 AM

We let everyone know.

The name we keep a secret (online included) until the birth.

mommaof5girls June 23rd, 2013 11:32 AM

We told gender last time but not our name. I hate the name suggestion game. Everyone has an opinion on my child's name and why.... I hate it. So we just didn't share it cut back on so much drama.

ChicaChels June 23rd, 2013 12:07 PM

.^^ that's why we don't share, and we just tell people we don't know about names yet. I hate the commentary and opinions people find necessary

ImVictorious June 23rd, 2013 12:35 PM

I plan on telling everyone. I don't see the purpose of not telling lol. No online announcement, I'm off Facebook, almost a year now. Just a mass text.

Meggie26 June 23rd, 2013 01:18 PM

I'll share the gender but not right away. I go July 22nd for the fetal survey and my sister said I could do a reveal at my nephew's birthday party on the 27th or whatever day that weekend. I never have a name until AFTER baby is born and even then not right away so that's always fun to share.

Miss-Melissa-Sue June 23rd, 2013 02:50 PM

We will share the gender but not the name. I have too many family members who ate chomping at the bit to buy stuff. My MIL is buying both boy and girl right now until she finds out.

NCRG2010 June 23rd, 2013 03:37 PM

I hate the name
Suggestions

swade66 June 23rd, 2013 05:29 PM

I hate the name suggestions to which is why I like to lay out the name ASAP. Then that is the name...no need to suggest any other ones.

JulieMc June 23rd, 2013 06:05 PM

I tell everyone. I want them to be excited too. :) I don't see the point in withholding if I know. As for unwanted commentary about names, I ignore it. Once I've made up my mind, nothing anyone says will change it. You could always share gender without sharing names, btw, if that's a concern for sharing gender...

Brittanie June 23rd, 2013 06:46 PM

I can't keep a secret worth beans, so even if I tried people would figure it out. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27470936)
I hate the name suggestions to which is why I like to lay out the name ASAP. Then that is the name...no need to suggest any other ones.

Exactly. My MIL tries to suggest names for forever until we firmly tell her we're set. So I do that as early as possible.

The only one she didn't do that for was Patrick, but we gave him my FIL's middle name, so it'd be dumb of her to argue with that.

lily26 June 23rd, 2013 11:26 PM

We're sharing the gender and the name.

the one that annoys me is when people say should use there name.

HorseGal June 24th, 2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27470936)

Last time we shared the first letter until we shared the name at 25 weeks. My parents decided they knew what the name was and then decided they liked theirs better :rolleyes:

I'm refusing to tell this time and then letting it out with the gender. Then hopefully that will shut up the suggestions people think they need to offer now.

You know when other people are pregnant, it has never occured to me to try to name their kid. :rolleyes:

JulieMc June 24th, 2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lily26 (Post 27471475)

the one that annoys me is when people say should use there name.

OMG. I hate that too. Especially when they are serious. Like my SIL has said this. With the **** she has pulled lately, I want to scream out "HELL NO - *** ARE YOU THINKING?!!"

mommy-of-one June 24th, 2013 06:16 AM

We go on Wednesday to find out the gender, and, knowing me, it will be posted on Facebook and Twitter before I even leave the parking lot:)

Personally, I don't care what people say about if I should have a boy or girl yada yada, and when they make name suggestions, oh well, I just let it roll out of my mind. My DH and I are all that matter when it comes to picking our childs name, and what we say goes!!!