JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What do you put on your salads? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2662191-what-do-you-put-your-salads.html)

feythful June 28th, 2013 04:35 PM

What do you put on your salads?

So, I decided to make a salad tonight for dinner since I had some steak left over.

This salad was amazing. It had lettuce (of course), cucumbers, tomatoes, raw broccoli, grilled sweet onions, a few fried onions, strawberries, steak and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette So good.

What are your favorite salad toppings?

NCRG2010 June 28th, 2013 04:38 PM

Re: What do you put on your salads?

Feta cheese, red onion, romaine lettuce, tomatoes

hugssandi June 28th, 2013 04:45 PM

EVERYTHING! Mesclun mix, spinach, avocado, banana peppers, tomato, cucumber, bagged slaw (without any sauce~the crunch of this is satisfying on EVERYTHING!), onion, black olives, carrots, bell peppers if I have them, corn, WHATEVER!

I usually like ranch, and I do have an affinity for bacon bits and croutons. Rarely have the croutons though....

NCRG2010 June 28th, 2013 05:00 PM

Thanks I just sent my husband to a restaurant to get me a salad. Lmao

hugssandi June 28th, 2013 05:01 PM

Chick peas! I forgot chick peas....

NCRG2010 June 28th, 2013 05:04 PM

Love chick peas!,,,

Jodimarie June 28th, 2013 05:15 PM

LOL i totally want a salad now too! I like green olives, pepperoni, tomatoes (not the cherry tomatoes, I hate them popping in my mouth), banana peppers, cheese, and cucumbers. I like Italian dressing or french and ranch mixed :) Now I make a trip to the store!

summerbaby1 June 28th, 2013 05:26 PM

I usually like mine with green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, hard boiled egg, a lil cheese, and ranch with a lil bit of bacon. A really good one though is spinach, sliced strawberries, feta cheese and poppyseed dressing with pecans or almonds on top...delicious!

kara74 June 28th, 2013 06:04 PM

Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, chick peas, red onion (if I'm not pregnant, can't do raw onions while pregnant), sometimes feta, sometimes grilled chicken, sometimes pita chips or oat sesame things. For dressing - homemade ranch, Greek (not the thick bottled kind), or balsamic and olive oil.

Brittanie June 28th, 2013 06:06 PM

Everything that they have at restaurant salad bars. lol

bajars2531 June 28th, 2013 06:36 PM

I love everything vegetable. I can't really think of anything I don't like on a salad--maybe not all at the same time of course, lol. When I first got pregnant all I wanted to eat was salads. There is an awesome little deli by my work that makes this salad with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, turkey, pecans, and balsamic vinaigrette. It's definitely one of my favs.

SweetiePeas June 28th, 2013 07:06 PM

I swear I love everything on my salad except meat, with the exception of bacon before I got pregnant. I love mixing ranch and baslamic vinegarette.(sp) typing on the dark.lol

hugssandi June 28th, 2013 07:06 PM

...seeds, nuts, sprouts.... GOSH I WANNA BIG SALAD!

feythful June 28th, 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRG2010 (Post 27484696)
Thanks I just sent my husband to a restaurant to get me a salad. Lmao

:giggle: You're welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugssandi (Post 27484698)
Chick peas! I forgot chick peas....

Do you ever roast chick peas to put them on your salad, or do you just put them on there after soaking/boiling them or pulling them out of a can?

ImVictorious June 28th, 2013 07:10 PM

I'm weird...I just like a plain ole salad with dressing. All the extras are a turn off. Lettuce and carrots. Lol

hugssandi June 28th, 2013 07:24 PM

I've only done the canned thing. I would try 'em any way they came though! I also love warming chick peas and taco seasonings and making tacos with them~topped with spinach or that crunchy, tri-colored slaw mix. YUM!!!!! Or makin' hummus... MAN I wish my blender were workin' right now! LOL!

ChicaChels June 28th, 2013 10:56 PM

i like peas, carrots, red peppers, sunflower seeds, cheese, cucumbers, broccoli, croutons, homemade ranch and dorothy lynch mixed together (DL is only available in NE & IA as far as i know..it's way better than french dressing!) sometimes i put those little chow mein noodles on for texture...but the more veggies the better :) especially if they are green! yum!

if i put meat on it, i prefer chicken. i also only like romaine lettuce and spinach - i hate iceberg lettuce.

**jessie** June 29th, 2013 02:13 AM

I'm not a fan of green (with lettuce) salads. Commonly I do tomato/mozzarella/basil/vinaigrette salads or sliced cucumber with feta, red onion, and vinaigrette. Yum! Broccoli salad is also a favorite, but takes a bit more effort.

JulieMc June 29th, 2013 09:58 AM

I'm not a big fan of salads. The one time I do tend to like them, however, is when pregnant. I like ranch dressing, cheese, croutons and chick peas. Oh, and I like spinach leaves, not that crunchy, pale green stuff called iceberg lettuce.

blakesgirl09 June 29th, 2013 01:51 PM

I love salad. Anything goes!!!!