JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Another Name Thread.....HELP PLEASE!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2664313-another-name-thread-help-please.html)

blakesgirl09 July 8th, 2013 11:22 AM

Another Name Thread.....HELP PLEASE!!!!

So, I realize that we have had tons of name threads but I am really at a loss and need some help. We had a boy name picked before we ever found out the gender but now that I know he is a boy, I'm worried that since this is a name he will have FOREVER, I need it to be the right name. DH is Blake and his brother is Brandon and their dad owns a company called BnB so the name really needs to start with a "B" if at all possible but I don't want a junior by any means. Our original pick is Bentley and I was totally in love with it until I found out he was a boy. DH still loves it and hates anything else that I throw out there.

I'm so worried that he will be made fun of, because of his name. Example:

"Your Parents couldn't afford a real Bentley so they had you?"
"Hey Bentley, Where is Mercedes?"

I'm just paranoid that it sounds pretentious.

Is this valid??? My daughter is named Peyton, in case that helps any.

redbirds July 8th, 2013 11:30 AM

Re: Another Name Thread.....HELP PLEASE!!!!

I love name threads, I obsess, if you hadn't noticed already :giggle: Sooo...

Bentley is growing in popularity, so I honestly don't think it will be completely "out there" for names. However, there will ALWAYS be teasing by friends and schoolyard kids, so that's a given, no matter what the name. If the name's not an easy mark, some kids will target other things (hair color, height, weight, smarts... you name it...)

I think Bentley is a regal name. Like Mercedes, it does have the auto association, but there are lots of girls named Mercedes who adore their name and I think the same could be said of Bentley.

However, if you are looking for similar options, have you considered Bennet? Beckett? (if you are anything like me, you've been through every freaking boy B name in the universe...)

I think it's a good name and if that's the taunting he'll get, meh, it's mild :) I bet, being a guy, your DH would have a good idea of what sort of teasing he'll get and whether or not it would last long ;) My DH is the one who goes through all of the name-tease possibilities. I just can't think like that!

blakesgirl09 July 8th, 2013 11:43 AM

DH is a pretty big guy so he thinks that our son will be big as well and if anybody picks on him, he'll just beat him up. Nice way to look at things right ?:/

kara74 July 8th, 2013 11:53 AM

I don't think he would be teased for being named, Bentley. It's becoming a popular name as redbirds mentioned. It's not strange sounding or anything IMO. The only thing that gets me about the name is I can hear Macy from Teen Mom saying, Bintley! whenever I think of the name.

beautiful.mess July 8th, 2013 11:57 AM

With my first (before we found out she was a she) we had the name Benjamin, Benny for short, picked out and I still really like it. It's cute for a kid, but makes a good manly name too ;)
I mostly liked it for Benny haha so with our next I was trying to think of other names we could possibly use and I also really liked Bennett.

ETA: I like Bentley. I just wanted to give you other name options if you're thinking another B name might be better =]

eilla05 July 8th, 2013 12:20 PM

I don't think he will be teased much and the reality is every name someone will find something to tease about! However if you are questioning if it is the right name maybe it is not! We could never decide on a girls name but the boy name once my husband said it was set. I haven't wavered or wondered about it. For what it's worth I think it is cute :)

mamakelly July 8th, 2013 12:34 PM

Bentley is cute! If they are going to tease, kids will find a way no matter what name is given to them.

feythful July 8th, 2013 05:01 PM

:ditto: to what all the other girls said. As long as the name you give him won't deliberately set them to teasing (like the Nascar Driver Richard "Dick" Trickle), I wouldn't worry about it.

NCRG2010 July 8th, 2013 06:30 PM

Love Bentley.

Kids find something to abuse people about. My oldest son (10) has a friend Matthew and some kid was calling him fatty Matty. And there's a cooper they call pooper cooper so again they will find anything

*~ Joni ~* July 8th, 2013 08:54 PM

I love Bentley!