JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Ouch ouch ouch (stretch marks hurt :( ) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2665569-ouch-ouch-ouch-stretch-marks-hurt.html)

HorseGal July 14th, 2013 07:02 AM

Ouch ouch ouch (stretch marks hurt :( )

Anyone else hurting from their stomach stretching?

With my first I never had this problem until 3 days prior to my son being born, when he dropped. Thats when i got my first stretch marks and I remember my skin burning and hurting so bad.

Well now that same area around my belly button is hurting and uncomfortable again. I've tried pressing on my stomach to take the pressure off that area... I currently have a lotion drenched papertowel pressed to it.

I put either lotion or bio oil on my stomach every night.

How do I get some relief?!

ImVictorious July 14th, 2013 08:58 AM

Re: Ouch ouch ouch (stretch marks hurt :( )

I've got no advice. I was fatter, lost a lot of weight, so I've already stretched my skin out. Hope you find some relief.

JulieMc July 14th, 2013 01:28 PM

The stretching never really hurt my skin...but eventually I get to the point where everything is stretched so much that I get pain around my belly button. Like it really hurts. I haven't hit that point yet, but I fear its coming sooner rather than later...I'm betting it'll start up by 25 weeks, if not sooner. I never did find any way to make it better.

hotpinkheels July 14th, 2013 08:15 PM

Lurking from Nov DDC and I have been using dōTerra fractionated coconut oil along with either lavender, frankincense, or helichrysum every time my belly starts to itch. It helps immediately and feels amazing. It doesn't stain my clothing or leave marks. I'm 23 1/2 weeks and have been pretty religious with this. Seems like my belly is really starting to itch and stretch and hurt a little this week, so I've been dousing up on extra oil rub downs! (PS I have some stretch marks on my thighs from adolescence and they have almost become invisible since I started doing this, since I rub my belly, chest, hips, butt and thighs). I also use lemon oil and coconut on my ankles and legs when they feel swollen.

Good luck :)

Jodimarie July 14th, 2013 11:06 PM

yea I also was heavier and lost weight before I got pregnant, so I already have stretch marks on my stomach. I hope you get some relief soon!

NCRG2010 July 15th, 2013 12:45 AM

Even after 5 I never got stretch marks. My skin is pretty loose though. I could probably stuff you in my belly and still be fine lol

prayingforbaby13 July 15th, 2013 03:30 AM

I have some stretch marks on my hips from where I gained a few lbs back in the day.. and now they itch as if I've got fleas... I have to put lotion or something on it twice a day or else Ill be itching whole day. Luckily I haven't gotten any on my tummy as yet..

hope you get some relief soon..

Oriyan July 15th, 2013 05:25 AM

You can also try some shower oil and coconut oil when you get out. The more moist you keep things, the less it will hurt!

Brittanie July 15th, 2013 06:55 AM

I'm not hurting, just extra super itchy. :/ Nothing I've ever found has helped me with this.

swade66 July 15th, 2013 07:01 AM

I remember my first stretch mark with my daughter. I felt it happen it was a little twing. Now I am all stretched out so I don't feel it anymore.

Oriyan July 15th, 2013 07:28 AM

1% hydrocotisone aveeno cream works :) But because its 1%, it doesn't last too long. It gives relief though.

blakesgirl09 July 15th, 2013 07:37 AM

I also, have remaining stretch marks from my 1st pregnancy. I also already had them on my thighs from adolescence so I pretty much knew they were coming! Hopefully I got enough then that I won't get new ones this time. No pain to speak of, I do itch at times though.

summerbaby1 July 15th, 2013 08:27 AM

Haven't been in pain, but last night was at the movies and OMG my belly itched, my sides itched, my legs...I felt like I had ants crawling on me..I wanted to scream!

bajars2531 July 15th, 2013 02:40 PM

I use this--day and night. Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Oil

I gained so much water weight with DS that I have stretch marks all over my belly, thighs, even one on my vag. I HATE them, but I apparently have crappy skin. I remember my mom had lots too, as did my sister. I never was too itchy, but the tummy oil helps a lot.