JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   So aggravated right now (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2665757-so-aggravated-right-now.html)

amajor87 July 15th, 2013 08:21 AM

So aggravated right now

So my husband and I went to a wedding on saturday, and on sunday went over that same families house for a little bbq since we don't see most of them too often. Everyone got to talking about the wedding and my husband mentioned that he drank quite a bit (which mind you--I could care less that he did.) My husband hasn't gotten drunk and partied in at least 5 months and I think its completely acceptable for him to let loose at his cousins wedding. Well his aunt chimed in and tells him "you better get your act together" in regards to drinking and the baby. I could see it in his face he was livid. This particular aunt loves to tell people what to do and talk down to them so this was nothing new. Then she proceeds to look over at me and ask me if I drank!! I couldn't even believe she had the nerve to ask me that. Im so beyond pissed right now.

summerbaby1 July 15th, 2013 08:24 AM

Re: So aggravated right now

Ooooh. Yeah I can't stand people like that. I would have let her have it, either that or just said something to make her look like the horse's a**** she is lol.

amajor87 July 15th, 2013 08:25 AM

I was so mad I don't even know what I said--- and I kept it to myself really only because there were young children everywhere. If we had been alone it would have been a totally different story. I really want to tell my father in law what she said (this is his sister) but my husband doesn't think its worth it.

jwitak July 15th, 2013 09:06 AM

I would have said yes I did the baby partied like a rock star but its sure feeling it today. My grandpas wide is the same way I always give her smart *** comments when I don't like what she says.

kayakr July 15th, 2013 10:48 AM

He had you as the designated driver so there is no reason he couldn't have a good time and his families wedding! Does every family have an aunt like that because mine has one too! Always judging and thinking she is better then everyone else.

Good job not letting her have it!

HorseGal July 15th, 2013 10:59 AM

People are so dumb.

Brittanie July 15th, 2013 12:59 PM

People are dumb. It's really not worth the energy to pay any attention. He can have fun at his family's wedding, and that's fine. When I'm around people like that, I just ignore it and go on. It's takes too much time/energy to be annoyed and I don't have enough of either as it is.

NCRG2010 July 15th, 2013 05:30 PM

I would have said yep I drank too you should of seen us trying to drive home lol

lily26 July 15th, 2013 10:23 PM

iim starting to think there is a standard of types of people that are included in every family and a judgmental aunt is one of those types....

err I don't know why people can't keep there mouth shut, especially at family functions.

amajor87 July 16th, 2013 09:11 AM

Im honesty done with her. This isnt the first time shes tried digging at us---before I got pregnant she told my husband we shouldn't have kids yet. How is that any of her business? We are both responsible have good jobs and live on our own theres no reason we need to wait. She talks to us like were immature children. This just drew the line with me. She made me feel as if she thinks i'm a bad mother.

Brittanie July 16th, 2013 11:00 AM

She probably is the type that doesn't think anyone can do anything as well as she can do it. :/ They're exhausting people.

feythful July 17th, 2013 05:22 AM

Don't you love those "helpful" sorts of people? How rude!

The silver lining in it all is that she's getting you prepared for the types of judgmental things people will say to you once the baby gets here. I can't tell you how many people here have stopped me with my baby in my wrap and told me she's going to fall out or I'm going to suffocate her...mostly older women who probably wish she were in a baby carrier so they can touch my girls' faces with their dirty hands. :rolleyes:

swade66 July 17th, 2013 06:30 AM

People are idiots. That's the bottom line.

I'd put her in her place and then avoid her.