JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anterior placentas suck. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2665810-anterior-placentas-suck.html)

Brittanie July 15th, 2013 12:37 PM

Anterior placentas suck.

So, I had an anterior placenta with my Erin. Just about every appointment until until we got to the upper 20s in weeks they took a while to find her heartbeat (which, right after having a stillbirth, was REALLY hard on my nerves!). And then there was the whole not feeling as much movement thing.

Anyway, I've been feeling a little movement off and on, but not NEARLY as much as I was at this point with Patrick and Allison, and last appointment it took a minute or two to find the heartbeat, so I've been suspecting an anterior placenta this time too (they hadn't told me anything about my placenta).

So I brought it up at my appointment today, and I was right. Boo.

So then she tried for nearly 5 minutes to get the heartbeat. She said she could hear a couple swishes of movement (I couldn't), but no heartbeat. So she got the old ultrasound machine. Even then it took her a few more minutes to get a good shot of the heart (ARGH! I didn't realize how tense I was until I saw that flicker. Man!)

And then we tried to take a peek between the legs and no go. Rolo just REALLY didn't want to be bothered today. :/

So everything does look good. "Big" ultrasound scheduled for Aug 6th at 1pm, the day before I'm 20 weeks (and the day before the movers are supposed to come to pack up all our stuff!!).

I'm going to go take a nap.

eilla05 July 15th, 2013 01:29 PM

Re: Anterior placentas suck.

I feel you as I have an anterior placenta as well. I don't feel Tobias much during the day time but when I lie down at night on my left side he gets to moving and a shaking! They always go really low down to find Tobias's heartbeat even though I am further along now and it usually doesn't take them but a minute now.

SweetiePeas July 15th, 2013 01:59 PM

sorry I bet that is nerve wracking! I would have been a mess as well! Glad it all turned out okay.

Jodimarie July 15th, 2013 02:01 PM

yup, anterior placenta here too :/ I can feel little wiggles when I am laying on my side mostly but even then its rare. I just want to feel kicks! lol sorry you had such a tense moment but glad everything is ok! :)

bajars2531 July 15th, 2013 02:25 PM

Pretty sure same here. It has taken lots of time to find HB and I am definitely not feeling regular movement at all. As far long as I am I was hoping I'd be feeling a lot more. I have felt movement for weeks now, but not like last time. It does make you more tense when they are searching and search for a hb.

Brittanie July 15th, 2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eilla05 (Post 27520633)
I feel you as I have an anterior placenta as well. I don't feel Tobias much during the day time but when I lie down at night on my left side he gets to moving and a shaking! They always go really low down to find Tobias's heartbeat even though I am further along now and it usually doesn't take them but a minute now.

Yeah, she was looking down low. Baby just wasn't having it. :/ But knowing for sure that's what's going on is making me a tad less paranoid about the lack of movement.

redbirds July 15th, 2013 03:41 PM

((HUGS)). Of 4 pregnancies. This is the ONLY one where I don't have an anterior placenta. I about fell off the exam room bed when she told me! (quick peek on the u/s). I STILL am not feeling baby much and finding the hb hasn't happened on doppler (thus the quick peek on the u/s) because who knows why (maybe my fluff, baby's position, who knows).

Like you, I can't wait until I can feel movements better and until my level II in 2 weeks. So, even though this pregnancy doesn't involve an anterior placenta, I'd never know ;)

feythful July 15th, 2013 03:50 PM

I'm really afraid that's the situation we've got here too. That would explain all the trouble they're having finding the heartbeat. Boo. I was so spoiled with early movement and a posterior placenta with DD2. :sigh:

beautiful.mess July 15th, 2013 10:27 PM

I so feel you on the anterior placenta! I'm ready to feel this baby move consistently. Luckily we haven't had trouble finding the heartbeat. That would definitely be nerve-wracking. =[ Sending you some cooperative baby vibes for your anatomy scan!

Kelizah July 16th, 2013 06:15 AM

I agree! I have an anterior placenta too. I'm 20 weeks and movement is very sporadic and not even once a day. luckily I don't have trouble finding his heartbeat at all.. that really does suck for you :(

summerbaby1 July 16th, 2013 08:20 AM

I'm super frustrated. I was feeling sporadic movements all last week and now this week..nothing. It really gets my worry wheels turning. I need to buy a doppler or something to ease my mind.

psboden July 17th, 2013 10:49 AM

I found out I have one too. It's literally side to side across my front. So do the movements get stronger or stay so few? I now know why I only feel it down low and sometimes on the side. But I have always felt a LOT more movement before now.

Brittanie July 17th, 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psboden (Post 27525017)
I found out I have one too. It's literally side to side across my front. So do the movements get stronger or stay so few? I now know why I only feel it down low and sometimes on the side. But I have always felt a LOT more movement before now.

As the baby gets bigger, you'll feel more. You'll eventually be SEEING your belly move, and there's no not feeling that. :p