JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Yoga, anyone? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2665926-yoga-anyone.html)

CherryLimeade July 15th, 2013 11:45 PM

Yoga, anyone?

I did yoga daily before I got pregnant. I stopped because of the morning sickness, and JUST started doing it again... Man it feels good!! And I was happy to find I haven't lost much strength or flexibility over the past few months.. or my ability to do some of the poses. Yay! (I even think I'm more flexible now lol)

I'm wondering if it's safe for me to move up to more difficult poses while I'm pregnant. I know I can't do backbends, stomach lying, and back lying poses. But anything else should be okay, as long as I'm not over working myself, right? :D

NCRG2010 July 16th, 2013 05:06 AM

Re: Yoga, anyone?

I would stick to pre natal yoga. Your body will tell you when to stop.

CherryLimeade July 16th, 2013 12:54 PM

The pre natal yoga just isn't enough of a challenge for me. I wanna sweat! I'll save it for when I'm fat and waddling around :)

ChicaChels July 16th, 2013 04:17 PM

if you feel fine, it's fine. just listen to your body :)

Brittanie July 16th, 2013 04:22 PM

If you were doing it daily before, then you can probably do something more difficult. Just listen to your body, it's easier to hurt yourself now!

bajars2531 July 16th, 2013 06:08 PM

I agree--you can get into it if your body is used to it. And I lay on my back all the time; half the time I wake up that way. I was like that with my first one too and it didn't create any issues.
I really need to get off my lazy butt and do some myself. I have a 10 class punch card that I need to use before it expires. I just got so darn lazy and it didn't get any better after the m/s went away.

NCRG2010 July 16th, 2013 07:03 PM

I do know there were some moves that you should definitely not do while pregnant

CherryLimeade July 16th, 2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajars2531 (Post 27523597)
I agree--you can get into it if your body is used to it. And I lay on my back all the time; half the time I wake up that way. I was like that with my first one too and it didn't create any issues.
I really need to get off my lazy butt and do some myself. I have a 10 class punch card that I need to use before it expires. I just got so darn lazy and it didn't get any better after the m/s went away.

I lay on my back too. Not on the hard floor, but in bed on our pillow top mattress. I just keep forgetting I'm not supposed to! And I can still lie on my belly, too. But I try not to.

I was really lazy about it for the past few months. Then I got up off my butt one day and did 35 minutes of yoga. I just needed a reminder of how good it feels. :p

feythful July 17th, 2013 05:28 AM

I really should get back to doing something. I'm so lazy these days and I think part of the continued fatigue is from just sitting and laying around the house most of the day. Maybe I'll get back to my yoga.

hugssandi July 18th, 2013 03:14 AM

Please forgive me if you've already seen this link from me in the fitness thread, but I LOVE THIS VID!!!! Prenatal Yoga with Lara Dutta I wish I had the ability to put it on DVD, as I can find it different places online but not for purchase anywhere. Our computer is in the kitchen, and I want to practice it in my living room! LOL! :)

CherryLimeade July 19th, 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugssandi (Post 27526254)
Please forgive me if you've already seen this link from me in the fitness thread, but I LOVE THIS VID!!!! Prenatal Yoga with Lara Dutta I wish I had the ability to put it on DVD, as I can find it different places online but not for purchase anywhere. Our computer is in the kitchen, and I want to practice it in my living room! LOL! :)

We have a computer hooked up to the tv screen. My hubs is a computer tech, so we have all this unnecessary nonsense lol. But I think all it requires is an HDMI cable to hook it up. Idk! But that's how I watch internet workout videos. I'll check that one out! :)

hugssandi July 20th, 2013 04:24 AM

You lucky dog!!! ~jealous~

bundle2baby July 20th, 2013 08:29 AM

I'm just starting to get back to exercising again (walking & light weights). Man does it feel good! I feel like it's helping me (most days) get my energy back. I'm probably sleeping better too.