JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I wish I didn't have to work while pregnant. .. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2665946-i-wish-i-didnt-have-to-work-while-pregnant.html)

prayingforbaby13 July 16th, 2013 05:12 AM

I wish I didn't have to work while pregnant. ..

because I"m so tried most of the days.. Hubby makes enough for both of us can live off, and also for when baby comes. But sometimes I feel like I don't have the energy to do anything. .Just want to sleep whole day...

but I luv my job, and I feel as if I was home I would be bored, but I would get to sleep whenever I wanted..

Oriyan July 16th, 2013 06:14 AM

Re: I wish I didn't have to work while pregnant. ..

I hear ya. I have to work till the end. I am already starting to get tired again.

Kelizah July 16th, 2013 06:18 AM

I'm with you! I planned on not working passed 7 1/2-8 months but idk if that's going to happen in all reality. but I'm dead at work already. we'll see how it goes..

Brittanie July 16th, 2013 06:47 AM

I had to work through my first two pregnancies, and it was SO HARD! (hugs)

Oriyan July 16th, 2013 08:38 AM

I only worked to 33 weeks with my first because of PTL. This time, I plan on working till 36 weeks FT and then cutting to PT from 36 to the end.

amajor87 July 16th, 2013 09:17 AM

I feel the same way. I work for the board of ed so im off for the summer (thank god!) but these past few months have been torture. I'm working up until my water breaks--and i'll have to go back after my 6 weeks maternity :(

HorseGal July 16th, 2013 09:52 AM

I hear ya. During my first pregnancy my job required me to walk and stand ALL day. By policy we had 2 fifteen minute breaks and a half hour break. That was the only time I was allowed to sit. My boss was fully set on that too.

I used to go home and just cry because my back, hips and feet hurt so bad. It got to the point all I did was work, eat and sleep. THATS it. I finally just flat out couldn't handle it anymore (I carry OUT so I was huge, and Wyatt was malpositioned so I HURT) about 20 days before he was born. The difference in the way I felt was night and day.

This time I have a sit down job. It requires a lot of multitasking and you can eat and have breaks only if its not busy. So far I'm doing ok but I just dread work, I have trouble keeping up as easy because of my preggo brain and it makes me a lot more tired.

Oriyan July 16th, 2013 11:02 AM

My job my first pregnancy was very labor intensive. Now, i literally sit all day and can eat whenever. Except I am still tired getting up at 6:15 to be at work by 8, to work till 4:30, pick up my son, home by 5:30, make dinner, clean, get him to bed.... it's a 12 hour day! I am passed out by 9:30 every night.

kayakr July 16th, 2013 11:29 AM

I feel the same. DH said I can quit but I love my job as well (usually). I fine at work but when I get home I lay on the couch with no energy to even make dinner. It sucks. When I was on vacation last week I felt fine though. Work is just exhausting at this time.

I hope you have a wave of energy soon.

bajars2531 July 16th, 2013 05:39 PM

I sit down most of my day usually, unless I get called out--then it's a crap shoot. My coworker and I went out on calls the same day--I got the one in an air conditioned house, but she had to stand in the sun in 95 degree heat for like 3 hours. I would have probably passed out. I just never know what it's going to be like for my job so it's hard to prepare.

ImVictorious July 16th, 2013 06:25 PM

My job is pretty easy. I drive around all day. I do my own thing. I wish I didnt have to work period. Lol

eilla05 July 16th, 2013 07:18 PM

You and me both :(. Since I am still in my Masters from August 19th- December 10th and January 20th- May 9th (? I believe) I wll be doing internships on top of my normal job of substance abuse therapist and working at the DPA. I am most likely going to quit the DPA or go down to one day a week there starting August. Since baby is coming in December I am going to try to set job on back burner and work 30-35 hours a week of internship from August-end of November (which hopefully can be combined with some job work for money!) so that once baby comes I can take the last 5 months of school and only work 1 day a week and internship 1 day a week. I can't imagine being away from Tobias more than that each week for the first 6 months or so. Then I am hopefully only going to work 2-3 days a week for another 6 months. This is all in my head of course reality might be different.

I should also mention that because of my internships and needing to stay in one place to do them my husband lives and works out of state only coming home about every other week :( which makes me that much more tired I swear. Not sure how this is going to work once baby arrives.

swade66 July 17th, 2013 06:18 AM

I hate working while pregnant and about a year post. My heart and brain just aren't in it. Makes for long days.

blakesgirl09 July 17th, 2013 07:44 AM

I have a sit down, office job. I can get up and move around and take as many small breaks as I want, I also get an hour for lunch. With DD, I was put on bed rest at 24 weeks so I really don't know what it's like to work past that or to work until term, that makes me a little nervous. Right now I plan to work until the week of Thanksgiving. My C-section will be scheduled for December 2nd so it kind of works out that way. We'll see if it happens like that!

Miss-Melissa-Sue July 17th, 2013 08:07 PM

I don't know how I worked twitch DD. I'm home now with her and that's hard enough!!!

TwinMamaS July 19th, 2013 01:08 PM

I hate working. My job is fairly easy and I only stand on my feet two hours at a time, but even that is tiring some days. I'm going to try and work as long as I can because our maternity leave policy stinks (8 weeks unpaid during which you can use vacay/sick time and up to 6 months medical leave unpaid if approved by your doctor). I'm just not motivated anymore. The days drag on and I'm easily irritated by coworkers and customers. I've been almost hoping I end up on bed rest although I'm sure that would be boring too.