JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Almost blacked out.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2666100-almost-blacked-out.html)

summerbaby1 July 16th, 2013 04:02 PM

Almost blacked out..

..at work today. I went from having a little trouble breathing to full on hyperventilation, dizziness, chest tightening, and major fatigue.
Just so happened there was a paramedic in the store, someone that I know also. He told me to sit down, have some water and eat some candy. I started feeling a little better. They checked my blood sugar with the glucometer from the pharmacy and it was 96-so normal. They checked my BP and it was 108/75 I usually run about 115-118/70...so that seemed low to me but my oh so caring pharmicist :sarcasm: just shrugged and said "well I doubt you have anything to worry about". Gee thanks, I'm 4 months pregnant and almost blacked out, I'm sure it's just hormones or something :rolleyes:

I called the Doc on call at the OB/GYN and she said to go home, put my feet up and take it easy. If I'm not feeling any better tomorrow I'm supposed to come in for tests. She also said I need to not worry about just eating breakfast lunch and dinner and start trying to squeeze in small meals whenever I can throughout the day.

ugh what a craptastic day.
Lost about 5 hrs of work on my measly paycheck and my stress level is ridiculous right now.

Brittanie July 16th, 2013 04:17 PM

Re: Almost blacked out..

My blood pressure takes dips when pregnant too. I got told once that low blood pressure wasn't a problem "as long as you're conscious." Why thank you!!

(hugs)

edited to add: My bp during the above conversation was 99/68, so...yeah, I was a tad worried. They told me to go home and put my feet up and I thought "You want me to DRIVE?"

amajor87 July 16th, 2013 05:00 PM

I almost fainted about a month ago on the bus going to work and my gyn told me its not uncommon in pregnancy to have fainting episodes. They told me just to drink at least a gallon of water a day (yikes) and if I ever felt faint get to a wall so I didn't actually fall and hit my stomach.

bundle2baby July 16th, 2013 07:55 PM

Yikes that's scary! Really sorry you had such a rough day! I've had a lot of weird symptoms this time around, including hot flashes/nearly passing out leaving me feeling weak afterward. Hoping it's nothing serious. Take it easy mama!

CherryLimeade July 16th, 2013 08:04 PM

This happens to me, too. And it happened with my last pregnancy. Supposedly, near the middle of pregnancy, your blood pressure gets to it's lowest point. Mine went away when I was about 7 months last time. Just take it easy. And get up slowly if you're standing from a lying position. That one gets me a lot.

lily26 July 16th, 2013 11:23 PM

:O that's pretty scary. I'm glad you're ok.

hopefully this doesn't happen again.

mgail July 17th, 2013 04:04 AM

Wow, that is scary, I hope the snacking will help with this. I know it is hard to do while at work, at least for me it is. Hang in there and hope you feel better!

feythful July 17th, 2013 05:30 AM

Sorry you had such a scary episode. I know these doctors deal with this stuff all the time, but when you have a major episode like that and you're really scared, the last thing you want to hear is "meh, that's normal". Hopefully, that's the last time you have to deal with that.

HorseGal July 17th, 2013 07:05 AM

I had to constantly graze during my first pregnancy or this happened to me all the time!