JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Maternity photos (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2669875-maternity-photos.html)

HorseGal August 3rd, 2013 06:33 AM

Maternity photos

Whose getting them done, and when... and I need some help.

First I will say that I really regret not getting any done with my first pregnancy. So I strongly encourage everyone to get some done!

Here's my question: When should I get them done? The issue I'm trying to take into account is I get a HUGE belly so i think i should get them done earlier then normal so the main focus of the picture isn't "omg her belly is huge" and more the whole picture. :rolleyes:

Brittanie August 3rd, 2013 08:20 AM

Re: Maternity photos

I never have gotten them done. :p I do have a photographer friend who does maternity shots, so I'll ask her.

ChicaChels August 3rd, 2013 09:51 AM

ive had them done both times. one of my BFF is a photographer, so she does stuff for us for really cheap :) we get pictures taken quite a lot because she likes to use my kids for promotions...so ill definitely get them done this time...maybe in oct when the leaves are really pretty. whenever she tells me to be somewhere :lol:

Brittanie August 3rd, 2013 05:08 PM

This is my photographer friend's answer
Quote:

My opinion is to do them whenever you're comfortable doing them. From the end of your second trimester to the middle of your third is a great window. A lot of times, women find themselves more comfortable in their skin during that window. there is no wrong time though, I've done maternity pictures mere weeks or days before a due date.

Savannah_Brie August 3rd, 2013 05:29 PM

I booked my maternity shoot for October 19th :) I figure by 33 weeks my belly will be huge and Im excited for the colors of fall.

.nicole.michele. August 3rd, 2013 07:55 PM

I've never had em and I won't be getting them done .. My homemade belly pics r good enough;)

bajars2531 August 3rd, 2013 08:45 PM

I did them with my first and will definitely be getting them again. I think we had ours at 34 weeks. Our photographer suggested we not wait much longer than that since you start getting uncomfy and stuff after that. For us that was the perfect time.

Miss-Melissa-Sue August 4th, 2013 11:06 AM

I'm doing them in the fall when the leaves change. My sister is trying to build her portfolio so she's doing them for me for free.

hugssandi August 4th, 2013 03:03 PM

Never have, but I so wanted a mold with my first baby! Didn't happen. Now I'm so heavy I can't imagine doing pics or a mold.

Well, I have a few impromptu pics taken at my in-laws by my BIL during my first pregnancy, if they count. I do like them!

kara74 August 4th, 2013 06:01 PM

I've never had them done and don't plan to. I think I have at least one pregnant pic of myself from each pregnancy. I don't particularly love how I look pregnant. The belly is ok but the other bloating I don't love.

lily26 August 4th, 2013 09:18 PM

I like Brittanie's friends answer.

If I can find a photographer for on the cheaper side who can do them tastefully outside *i've seen some really bad ones done on some of those bad photography sites* I think I might want too..