JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Has anyone seen this stroller????? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2674936-has-anyone-seen-stroller.html)

NCRG2010 August 26th, 2013 12:22 PM

Has anyone seen this stroller?????

4Moms Origami Stroller

mgail August 26th, 2013 12:51 PM

Re: Has anyone seen this stroller?????

Wow, that is a pretty cool but the price is like a house payment for us!!

NCRG2010 August 26th, 2013 12:52 PM

Did you watch the video. It's really ridiculous lol it folds itself. I had visions of my son folding it with the baby in it lol

hugssandi August 26th, 2013 01:17 PM

Very cool looking, but what I could do with $850!!!!!

Brittanie August 26th, 2013 01:38 PM

My first thought was, with something that automated, it's probably really easy to break and really expensive to fix. If the power folding goes out, can you fold it yourself?

I have this one. Baby Jogger City Select Tandem Video Demo from twins-store.co.uk - YouTube

It retails about $650~$700. I got it with the 2nd seat kit for $450 on a mega sale. And it's seriously the best purchase I've ever made. I LOVE that stroller. So it's a good to invest in a quality stroller, but that one (the origami one) feels a tad ridiculous to me.

swade66 August 26th, 2013 01:50 PM

I honestly just can't even imagine.

Maybe because we don't use them a lot...I don't know. I would have to use the stroller every single day for years to justify it. lol

blakesgirl09 August 26th, 2013 01:51 PM

While those strollers are very very cool and look super neat and easy to handle. There is NO WAY that I am spending that kind of money on a stroller! That's more than my house and car note put together.....well, not quiet, but you get the picture!

Brittanie August 26th, 2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27613802)
Maybe because we don't use them a lot...I don't know. I would have to use the stroller every single day for years to justify it. lol

Yeah, I'm walking Erin to and from school every day, and I've decided that at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays (the preschool for Patrick I'm looking at is m/w/f and I'm not sure on times and stuff) I'm going to drop Erin off and then go for a couple mile walk.

I had a Graco duoglider before and HATED it. It was SO hard to handle with both kids (Erin and Patrick at the time) in it. My city select I can steer with one hand with just Allison in it, and with both if Patrick is on the back seat.

novastar222 August 26th, 2013 02:13 PM

What the heck.... that is like the Lamborghini of strollers.... is that really necessary? :giggle:

CA-mommy-to-be August 26th, 2013 02:34 PM

The description is the best part: "Child safety sensors: We’ve heard it before: won’t it eat my baby? Never fear: the Origami’s strictly vegetarian." :giggle:

NCRG2010 August 26th, 2013 03:03 PM

I am all for spending money but this stroller is crazy heavy and I think ridiculous

lily26 August 26th, 2013 03:49 PM

personally, it looks kind of ridiculous lol!!!

NCRG2010 August 26th, 2013 04:05 PM

It totally is! Lol the day time running lights?!?!?! Seriously

HorseGal August 26th, 2013 08:54 PM

I'd feel silly owning something like that

feythful August 27th, 2013 09:47 PM

It has an LCD screen? What in the world for? It said it can sense if your baby is in there...why? So that it turns off the baby-side airbag? :giggle: Because Aliens might snatch your baby without you knowing it? Seriously...

Papasgirl August 28th, 2013 06:06 AM

Seriously! $850...could never in my lifetime justify that. I don't even like the look of it. Looks to metrosexual for me lol. I have a graco duoglider that I absolutely hate, so I will be getting another double tandem stroller and i got a side by side jogging stroller two years ago for longer walks. I will stick to my $200 and under strollers.