JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Bead swap check in (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2676851-bead-swap-check.html)

feythful September 5th, 2013 08:53 AM

Bead swap check in

Where's everyone at in the process?
Have you ordered or purchased yours?

Anyone having trouble finding beads? If you need help, let us know and we'll try to suggest some sites or stores!

Is anyone getting ready to ship them to me? Please try to remember to send me a message so I know to check my PO box.

I won't post one of these every week, but I know some of you said you're bad at deadlines and since I gave a large window to order and ship, I wanted to give a little reminder. I'll do another before the ship date (September 23rd)

I've ordered mine and I'm just waiting for them to come in the mail!

swade66 September 5th, 2013 09:24 AM

Re: Bead swap check in

I have decided what bead I want and I have to run out to buy them.

blakesgirl09 September 5th, 2013 10:03 AM

Mine came in last Thursday, they are much smaller than what I had anticipated though. Not the teeny tiny seed size or anything, just smaller than I was hoping for. Oh well! I will be shipping them to you within the next week or so.

DavidandJaidonsmomma September 5th, 2013 10:52 AM

Any sites would be greatly appreciated. I prefer online shopping and will probably have them shipped directly to you. I've been looking at a few sites already, but would love more options.

redbirds September 5th, 2013 10:53 AM

What size is everyone getting? I tend to shop online, too, and they tell you the size in mm, but I've no idea how big or small this is IRL.

I'm glad you posted this reminder!

blakesgirl09 September 5th, 2013 11:17 AM

Mine are 6mm and they are pretty small. I hope they work because they are just too cute and really have a pretty special meaning.

I ordered from Amazon. I think they had a really nice selection!

Jodimarie September 5th, 2013 03:47 PM

Still havent found mine yet, I've looked online but all the beads I like are $1 or more per bead so thats not going to happen lol I want to find a pretty glass bead :)

redbirds September 5th, 2013 04:16 PM

:wub: This is going to be so fun!

ChicaChels September 5th, 2013 04:52 PM

oh snap i am so glad you posted this reminder. I completely forgot! 100% forgot. Life has been super chaotic around here. I will absolutely get ON this! :wub:

feythful September 5th, 2013 05:26 PM

I've ordered from all of these companies at some point in my jewelry making hobby.

A Bead Store

Lima Beads

The Potomac Bead Company

Shipwreck Beads

HorseGal September 5th, 2013 06:41 PM

Mine came in last week and they forgot half my order. Aka only got ten beads... So I'm waiting for the other ten now.

blakesgirl09 September 5th, 2013 09:11 PM

The beads that I got are shipwreck. I'm glad someone has heard of them! I paid like $23.00 with shipping and everything. I didn't think it was that bad!

redbirds September 5th, 2013 09:22 PM

What size (approx) are they? Or what do you recommend? 6 mm or larger, or smaller than... what? I'll look these up this weekend :)

Betts September 5th, 2013 10:15 PM

Mine are ordered and are on their way. Hopefully be here by Monday.

Red birds, mine said they are 10mm. It sounds like a good size to me, but we'll see when they get here.

Miss-Melissa-Sue September 5th, 2013 10:29 PM

I've been looking but haven't found anything I like yet. I'm hoping to get them this weekend at the latest.

Tarheelbluii September 6th, 2013 10:28 AM

Mine are ordered!

feythful September 8th, 2013 07:33 AM

My beads came in today and they're awesome! I'm so excited!

CA-mommy-to-be September 8th, 2013 08:45 AM

I just decided on what beads to send. I should be ready to ship to you on Friday (Sept 13).

swade66 September 13th, 2013 08:03 AM

So what size did everyone end up buying and do you think it looks big enough?

redbirds September 13th, 2013 10:56 AM

OMG!!! I just spent 4 hours scouring through websites for beads and I found one site at the end off of Ebay, no less, that had 4 kinds of beads I liked and could identify with (I found a TON of beautiful beads, but I was on a mission!) JUST as I was about to buy one bead, another bead caught my eye and that was IT! So, I just ordered it and it is supposed to get here by the 18th and I'll ship it off to you right away :) I am going to read the directions again, but just to clarify, do we need to include 20 copies of little notes as to why the bead was chosen by us, or do we just send you a note and you'll put all the notes together on one sheet and print the sheet out to send to us? I can do either way and want it to be least work for you! :)

OH, and the beads I ordered are 9x10mm. I think Kendal (can't remember exactly who it was, TBH) posted that she ordered the 6mm and they seemed a *little* small (altough all sizes will look great for a project!) so when I saw the size on this, I thought they should be OK.