JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Sick and it suuuucks! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2678538-sick-and-suuuucks.html)

summerbaby1 September 12th, 2013 03:46 PM

Sick and it suuuucks!

DF got what I thought was just a head cold last weekend but progressed into him feeling like absolute crap. He stayed home from work for two days and didn't argue with me when I said he needed to go to the walk in clinic. They told him he had a sinus infection and sent him on his way. You would think with antibiotics he would have been starting to feel better but he seemed to be getting worse.
Then Tuesday, I was standing in the grocery store and it literally just hit me all of a sudden like whoa I feel bad. I went to the walk in clinic, not really wanting to expose all the preggo ladies at the ob/gyn to whatever I had. DF also went back in to be seen since he wasn't improving at all.
They are total idiots, the stupid nurse didn't even take my temp, the FNP I saw said I had a virus and she would call in a Z pack though I "shouldn't take it unless I don't start getting better". I asked her what was OTC that I could take to treat my symptoms and she says "well I'm not really sure, you should call your OB/Gyn" I wanted to scream "that's why I came here! what school did you go to?!".
So they had no answers but I called my Doc and she's getting me in tomorrow afternoon.
I hope they find something out and can give me something to knock this stuff out, it feels like a sinus infection and bronchitis. It just plain sucks :(

bundle2baby September 12th, 2013 03:51 PM

Re: Sick and it suuuucks!

Yuck! :( I hope you feel better soon!

Miss-Melissa-Sue September 12th, 2013 04:11 PM

I'm sorry! I hope you two are feeling better soon!

JulieMc September 13th, 2013 05:04 PM

Ick. My husband and I had this a month ago. It lasted 2-3 weeks. He had it two weeks...I longer, because mine progressed into a sinus infection. I was coughing so bad it was making me throw up. It was no fun. I got the z pack and I'm honestly unsure if it helped or not because it still took a good 5 days or so til I was feeling better and who knows if that was just the course of the illness or if the meds helped. Either way...I feel your pain and hope you feel better soon!!

TwinMamaS September 13th, 2013 05:10 PM

Oh no! I hope you get some answers and feel better soon!

feythful September 13th, 2013 08:09 PM

Ugh, I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I hate it when I get the one nurse or doctor who seems to know nothing.

hugssandi September 14th, 2013 05:17 AM

I hope you're starting to feel a little bit better by now, (((((summerbaby))))).

SweetiePeas September 14th, 2013 07:56 AM

Feel better soon!