JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Have we already talked diaper bags? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2678628-have-we-already-talked-diaper-bags.html)

hugssandi September 13th, 2013 05:48 AM

Have we already talked diaper bags?

Just curious if you've picked one out yet... My crochet projects are stacking up, but I have been tossing around whether to buy one, make one with fabric/Duck Tape, or crochet one. I spent LOTS of yesterday looking at crochet patterns~ACK! Methinks the list groweth....

swade66 September 13th, 2013 05:59 AM

Re: Have we already talked diaper bags?

I have a 31 tote that I might use. Unless by husband buys be a Seatbelt bag that I want.

This one :drool: Harveys Seatbelt Large Diaper Bag Forever Blue Jeans Messenger Cross Body

redbirds September 13th, 2013 06:29 AM

I had one I used with DD1 and it was TOOOO big and cumbersome. So, starting with DS, I've just used a free Outdoor Life little bag my DH got with his subscription :giggle: It works! It's got plenty of little pockets and room inside for diapers, 2 little outfits, and bottle stuff. I can't stand big bags (purses, backpacks...) so this works well. I can pretty it up with bows :giggle:

JulieC7 September 13th, 2013 06:45 AM

I knew I'd have to let DH pick one! It's a plain looking brown Esprit one that you could mistake for a laptop/messenger bag. But I liked the magnetic closures and it has a bunch of pockets, built in diaper changer, etc. And it was cheap.

I would've just used a backpack though.

TwinMamaS September 13th, 2013 07:22 AM

I saw a Ju-Ju-Be bag online that I liked. It's supposed to be good for twins. I think I'm going to wait and see if I get one for my baby shower. I have a feeling one of my girlfriends will get me one.

kara74 September 13th, 2013 08:50 AM

I have a Fleurville messenger bag style diaper bag that I used with DD that is still in like new condition. I love it because it's not too big but still holds everything I need. It also cleans up beautifully in the washer and holds it shape. It's made of "re-run" material made with recycled water bottles. It feels and looks like fabric. I do not like the vinyl type diaper bags or ones lined in that vinyl material.

eilla05 September 13th, 2013 08:56 AM

I have a skip hop one and a Cindy Tote (31) that I had embroidered with his first name that I plan to use. It is blue denim so I figure my husband will pack that one if he needs one and I will pack the skip hop since it is a bit more girly. I would like to have a 3rd though..

hugssandi September 13th, 2013 09:40 AM

Well, I've significantly narrowed my pattern search down~now I can't decide between just 8. LOL! That's a good fourth of what I was considering....

mgail September 13th, 2013 09:59 AM

I registered for a Skip Hop bag because it thought it was really cool the way it can clip on to a stroller.

Skip Hop Duo diaper bag

Oriyan September 13th, 2013 10:26 AM

I am reusing what I had from DS1. I have a larger bag for when baby needs more stuff, and a smaller bag for shorter outings. I never was a huge diaper bag person.

Miss-Melissa-Sue September 13th, 2013 12:03 PM

I made mine. I couldn't find anything I really liked that was reasonably priced. I'm also making DH one so he doesn't have to carry one that is very "me" and one that doesn't show his personality at all.

CherryLimeade September 13th, 2013 01:52 PM

A crochet one would be awesome! I don't do diaper bags, I usually just carry everything for the baby in my purse. I've been wanting to make a granny square crochet purse, I just haven't been feeling like crocheting lately.

Betts September 13th, 2013 02:19 PM

On jeez! Diaper bags! Another thing to think about, I hadn't even thought of that yet!! Yikes!

HorseGal September 13th, 2013 02:29 PM

I buy the set, that way there's a big one and a little one depending on how much I need. It's what I have with DS1 and that's worked great for me.

Brittanie September 13th, 2013 02:33 PM

I'm so over diaper bags. lol This will be #4.

A dear friend made this one, and I'm sending her the stuff to make one for me (probably matching the bedding fabric)
http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...947dfdd5d3.jpg
http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...57de11093e.jpg

NCRG2010 September 13th, 2013 04:31 PM

I have my coach diaper bag from my last Baby I will use that again

**jessie** September 14th, 2013 01:44 AM

I think I own four or five of them and use none! I just carry a larger purse with a couple dipes and wipes. Then I keep a change of clothes for each kid in the car. I'm definitely a minimalist.

hugssandi September 14th, 2013 05:05 AM

BRITTANIE!!!!! I want YOUR diaper bag~LOL! SWEET! Crochet is all I got going for me. If I could sew....

Brittanie September 14th, 2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugssandi (Post 27654509)
BRITTANIE!!!!! I want YOUR diaper bag~LOL! SWEET! Crochet is all I got going for me. If I could sew....

That was exactly the reaction I had when she posted those pictures. I debated buying the pattern myself to sew it, but I've got SO many projects on my plate, and she's got PTL stuff going on (she's due early November), so she's supposed to spend as much time sitting as she can, so she's sewing like a mad woman. :p

hugssandi September 14th, 2013 06:16 PM

So earlier I narrowed it down to one, downloaded the pattern, and it's a mess! LOL! SO I have finally found THE ONE, I think: Ravelry: Cable Car Hobo pattern by Drew Emborsky

I will make a purse organizer for the inside.