JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Wow you look like your ready to pop any day now! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2678781-wow-you-look-like-your-ready-to-pop-any-day-now.html)

HorseGal September 13th, 2013 03:40 PM

Wow you look like your ready to pop any day now!

Anyone else been told this yet? Over the past few days I've heard it a handful of times from strangers. Apparently my size mixed with the tired and miserable look on my face must make me look more ready then I am.

Brittanie September 13th, 2013 03:59 PM

Re: Wow you look like your ready to pop any day now!

Nope, I never get that. I get people arguing that I *can't possibly* be that far along. lol

bundle2baby September 13th, 2013 04:05 PM

OMG, yes! Worse yet, my ex told my daughter that I looked like I was ready to pop. Last weekend my FIL said I was a brave woman wearing horizontal stripes. :smackshead:

HorseGal September 13th, 2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bundle2baby (Post 27653585)
Last weekend my FIL said I was a brave woman wearing horizontal stripes. :smackshead:

Uh... Rude. Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittanie (Post 27653573)
Nope, I never get that. I get people arguing that I *can't possibly* be that far along. lol

You look like you carry your babies more internally then I do. Mines like one of those empathy bellies they made you wear in high school, where it's all carried OUT

bundle2baby September 13th, 2013 04:15 PM

Yeah, FIL's been known to comment on women's weight openly (MIL & SIL). Bad enough not pregnant, but a pregnant woman?? Not cool.

kara74 September 13th, 2013 07:32 PM

I don't get comments from others but I feel enormous. I look it, too. Not only my belly but my hips as well. I could really do without wider hips. I'm getting very uncomfortable because of the added weight and size. God help me if I get too much bigger.

prayingforbaby13 September 13th, 2013 07:38 PM

I get it all the time. When I say Im due I. Dec. I get a look like I'm an alien or something and tbe next thing is oh u have a while yet... I'm like how far do u think December is... ppl and their opinions. . Which tney would keep it to themselves sometimes...

Miss-Melissa-Sue September 13th, 2013 07:39 PM

I only get comments from my mom.

redbirds September 13th, 2013 08:08 PM

Oh, Lord!

I get the "oh, you're PREGNANT?!" comment? Yes. No, I'm not just super fat around the gut, I am pregnant. And believe me, I try to maximize it by wearing as many pregnancy-ish tops as I can but people just don't want to say anything for fear that *maybe* just slightly, I could just be really, really packing on the pounds in one zone. Good God.

feythful September 13th, 2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbirds (Post 27654073)
Oh, Lord!

I get the "oh, you're PREGNANT?!" comment? Yes. No, I'm not just super fat around the gut, I am pregnant. And believe me, I try to maximize it by wearing as many pregnancy-ish tops as I can but people just don't want to say anything for fear that *maybe* just slightly, I could just be really, really packing on the pounds in one zone. Good God.

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :mad:

Brittanie September 14th, 2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseGal (Post 27653591)
You look like you carry your babies more internally then I do. Mines like one of those empathy bellies they made you wear in high school, where it's all carried OUT

Yep, I do. Means a lot of organ squishing. lol

emilybobemily September 14th, 2013 08:40 AM

People keep saying "Woah! there is no way you will make it to December!!" In their defense it really looks like I have practically doubled in size in the past two weeks. Starting to worry about the glucose test. EEP!

SweetiePeas September 14th, 2013 08:41 AM

I am on the opposite side of that, you can tell I am pregnant, but she tends to hide well and I am not even on the bigger side. I seem to just carry like that and I believe that's why I have to such discomfort...

Oriyan September 14th, 2013 03:09 PM

I stopped telling people I am due in December. I just say Thanksgiving time now because i am starting to LOOK big.

Betts September 14th, 2013 03:27 PM

Yup! Get this at work all the time!

" it's coming up huh!? When are you due?"

"December"

" December??!! That's far away!"

"Early December..."

HorseGal September 14th, 2013 04:22 PM

Isn't it funny how thanksgiving seems closer but when you say December it seems like forever

Oriyan September 14th, 2013 06:29 PM

^^ Ain't that the truth! Which is why I just say Thanksgiving. I am due like 4 days later anyway, but Thanksgiving seems so much closer than December. I just keep reminding myself any point in November I can have my son :)

Aliciafj1 September 14th, 2013 07:28 PM

I get a lot of people who can't believe I am due in December.

blakesgirl09 September 14th, 2013 08:48 PM

I've also started saying "around Thanksgiving." It just sounds better than, "Yes im a fat cow and no I'm not due till December but Thanks for asking!"