JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Wuuuttt? Thyroid jacked. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2678794-wuuuttt-thyroid-jacked.html)

anybodyinthere September 13th, 2013 03:41 PM

Wuuuttt? Thyroid jacked.

I have hypothyroidism which is totally no big deal. I just take my medication every day and I'm good to go.

Last pregnancy, all I had to do to keep in the desired range for preggos was take one extra pill of my regular dose on Sundays. I had perfect labs the entire pregnancy. Easy.

This time, my TSH has shot up since my last check and now I have to go up two notches on the dose. DANG! And I currently weigh the same as I did at this point last pregnancy, so it isn't a bigger body needing more meds kind of thing.

W T F man? Every time I get a blood draw with this kid starting at the 2nd tri there have been funky lab values. I am normally very textbook (i.e. spoiled) BOOOOOOO!!!!!

I hope this does not make it harder to regulate my dose after delivery. That would stink!

NCRG2010 September 13th, 2013 03:43 PM

Re: Wuuuttt? Thyroid jacked.

Mine goes crazy every time. It's annoying

Oriyan September 13th, 2013 04:25 PM

Pregnancy makes the thyroid hormones go nuts. I was on 50mg until about 20 weeks, then we upped to 75mg which is where I am now and feeling good. I should be at this dose till delivery.

Hypothyroid suuuuuuuuck though.

Brittanie September 13th, 2013 04:45 PM

I went from 125mcg to 150mcg this pregnancy so far, and with Allison I was perfectly level until she was born and I started nursing. Hormone changes do crazy things to thyroids.

anybodyinthere September 13th, 2013 04:59 PM

My endo just upped my dose to 175. That's cray cray!

swade66 September 14th, 2013 04:42 PM

Ugh! I hope that the up regulates you.

I haven't seen my endo...he is going to be pissed at me when I finally get in there which will probably be after I tank my 3 hour test Monday.

mommy-of-one September 16th, 2013 05:56 AM

I completely understand!
I was originally on 62.5 mcg (half of a 125 pill), then around 10 weeks got moved to 100 mcg based on blood work. 22 weeks went to 125mcg, and now I can tell my levels are off again just based on what I am feeling... I knew it got funky, but I never imagined my dose would more than double!!!
I hope all of us can get some stability soon!!

prayingforbaby13 September 16th, 2013 06:09 AM

I was on 25mcg before pregoo.. went up to 50 and then to 75 and been on 75 since then... I have to do my blood work for this mth yet to see if they are within normal range..

I agree.. this stinks..