JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Bad Dreams and not sleeping (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2679966-bad-dreams-and-not-sleeping.html)

kayakr September 19th, 2013 07:47 AM

Bad Dreams and not sleeping

I keep having bad dreams that I have to have a c-section and they cut my bladder to get to the babies. :( Not a fun dream and I have it a few times a night. I think it's mostly because I have pee and I am sleeping plus I am getting scared of labor altogether.

They don't actually cut your bladder to get to your uterus right? I'll be researching all day today! lol

How about you guys any of you having dumb dreams and getting scared. It seems like since we have the babies room now I am anxious about L&D now instead of getting room done. So those of you freaking out the babies space isn't ready yet - maybe it's a blessing and keeping your mind off other stuff.

JulieC7 September 19th, 2013 08:24 AM

Re: Bad Dreams and not sleeping

I'm sorry, that dream sounds awful. Maybe I shouldn't put my crib together today...

I have regular dreams about having the baby, everything's great and he's perfect, and then I can't fill out the paperwork at the hospital correctly so they take him away. German bureaucracy...

I also had a really, really, really graphic dream the other night about having a stillbirth suddenly at home, and it freaked me out for 2 days.

I am also really getting nervous about delivery, compounded by being in a strange place so far away from everyone but DH. I keep finding out that Germans do things a little bit differently, of course, but never what you think about being different. Like, no hospital gowns provided. I guess if you don't bring your own clothes you're just naked? You have to stay in hospital 3 days, etc. I'm just nervous I won't be able to understand what doctors tell me, and I'm nervous something I haven't learned is different here will be different and it will throw me for a loop at the worst time.

Brittanie September 19th, 2013 08:54 AM

I haven't had any bad dreams yet so far this pregnancy, but they'll be coming the closer I get to the end. My dreams are always loss dreams. :/

As far as a csection, no, cutting the bladder is not standard.

novastar222 September 19th, 2013 09:40 AM

aww I'm sorry you keep having these awful dreams :( I haven't really had "bad" dreams about the pregnancy or baby, but I have had a dream a few times that I have the baby but I passed out during delivery so I can't remember anything... that's a little freaky. I've also had a dream that I have a girl instead of a boy and I freak out because of all the clothes I bought... so every time I go for an U/S I ask "still a boy...?" LOL so far it hasn't changed.

TwinMamaS September 19th, 2013 11:51 AM

I had two very odd dreams about delivering the babies. The first dream, I delivered them and they were very small with big heads and small bodies (almost cartoonish) and I had to carry them around in a bowl of amniotic fluid and keep putting them back in my body until they got bigger. The second dream I had, there was a surrogate delivering the babies. The surrogate and I were both laboring and she gave birth to a baby boy and I gave birth to a hot dog. Talk about weird! No idea what that's supposed to mean lol.

swade66 September 19th, 2013 01:49 PM

Pregnancy dreams are crazy. No, they don't cut your bladder so no worries there.

I had a dream the other night that I had the baby early, the baby Judy slid right out. I never even looked at it. I just jumped off the bed and got on the scale to check my weight. I remember being so excited that I was only 10lbs up from prepregnancy. How is that for Mom of the Year!?

redbirds September 19th, 2013 02:02 PM

Oh, man... I have to admit, some of these are really kinda funny from a 3rd party point of view :giggle:

But, sorry you all are having such graphic horrible dreams! I remember, with my first, I dreamt I gave birth to puppies. Yeah. Strange. I haven't had any weird dreams this round, but I think it's cuz my DS barely lets me get any sleep as it is, so no time to either dream with deep sleep, or remember my dreams.

It's OK to be anxious, it just shows you love this baby and want the very best for it! I don't think we'll ever stop being anxious. If it's not one thing, it's another (I have horrible dreams about DD2, like she's in the middle of a street and no one will stop to get her out of the way and she almost gets hit several times :o ) Those are the dreams I'm having :( It just comes with being a mama, and when we wake up, maybe we learn a little more from it and hug those babies a bit longer that day.

Betts September 19th, 2013 06:05 PM

I had a bad dream last night, but can't remember exactly what it was, I woke up feeling kind of crappy. Somebody had passed away, or committed suicide or something. I don't remember who, but I don't think it was anyone I was very close to.

It was pretty disturbing, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinMamaS (Post 27666284)
The surrogate and I were both laboring and she gave birth to a baby boy and I gave birth to a hot dog. Talk about weird! No idea what that's supposed to mean lol.

Oh my gosh! This made me laugh so hard! A hot dog!!??

hugssandi September 19th, 2013 11:41 PM

I did have one dream that I literally wept after. I delivered in the hospital, and the hospital lost my baby. For forever. And they just sent me home with a letter stating that they do everything they can, but sometimes these things just happen. It was AWFUL!!!!!

blakesgirl09 September 20th, 2013 07:23 AM

My dreams aren't really bad per se, I just tend to wake up and not be able to go back to sleep. Last night, I woke up at like 3:15 or so and remember looking at the clock at 4:45 and still hadn't been back to sleep. I'm feeling it today!

Jodimarie September 20th, 2013 08:31 AM

I've had a lot of strange dreams lol but one that woke me up in a panic was when I had a dream I lost Kaiden..ugh I dont even like typing that out :/ I shouldnt watch youtube before bed.

redbirds September 20th, 2013 08:47 AM

AAAK. I've jinxed myself. Last night, I dreamt my DH had an affair with a woman who was mom to a girl in DD's ballet class. :rollseyes: I woke up pissed and frustrated, then realized how stupid that was. I think I dreamt that because we saw her (the mom and the girl) at McDonald's yesterday in the playground. We haven't seen them since DD was 3. I hate being fat and pregnancy hormones don't help me much.

kayakr September 20th, 2013 08:54 AM

I've had the "cheating"dreams too. DH is either cheating on me or I am skinny and hot and cheating on him. UGH! I think it's the lack of s&x. lol