JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   contractions? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2684642-contractions.html)

JJ1221 October 9th, 2013 11:41 AM

contractions?

how often do you feel them, and how far along are you?

Oriyan October 9th, 2013 11:48 AM

Re: contractions?

32 weeks.

It depends. If I am tired and dehydrated, I can have 4-6 an hour. If I am well rested and hydrated, maybe 4-6 per day.

Miss-Melissa-Sue October 9th, 2013 12:05 PM

Mine are sporadic. If I've overdone it or need to drink more they tend to come more.

HorseGal October 9th, 2013 12:11 PM

I have them 24/7 and have for a while. I don't even bother timing them or anything. It's just my normal. I do keep track when I have painful ones, which I've only had 2 episodes of

anybodyinthere October 9th, 2013 12:12 PM

I have had only Braxton Hicks. I tend to get them early and often and they don't bug me.

I get them mostly when I have to pee really bad or if I am doing something really physical (like taking my son to mommy and me gymnastics, lol!) but I also sometimes just get them out of the blue.

I didn't get REAL contractions (ones with pain) until about 37 weeks last time and those were very random.

HorseGal October 9th, 2013 12:16 PM

With my first I never had real contractions until it was the real thing.

SweetiePeas October 9th, 2013 12:26 PM

I get mine after I have overdone it or need more water or if I have to pee bad. I have several mostly in the evening. They go away and occasionally hurt. With my first I didn't even have one until they induced. With my second I started getting them around 35 weeks. This time I got them around 20 weeks or so.

Brittanie October 9th, 2013 01:14 PM

Technically they're all braxton hicks contraction unless they change the cervix. :p

I had some doozies last night. They totally had the labor pattern, with the onset, peak and then letting go. Kind of took my breath but didn't hurt.

swade66 October 9th, 2013 02:09 PM

I just have cramping...which is like "prelabor" for me. They are like period cramps. With the girl they started the week before she was born. With the boy it was a couple weeks. This time I have them already. It is exactly like period cramps.

Jodimarie October 9th, 2013 02:20 PM

Only braxton hicks for me too. I get them everyday, more when I am moving around a lot and I get them more at night. Last night I was getting them every few minutes it felt like, but I think I might have been dehydrated. They have never been painful. I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow!! :)

Betts October 9th, 2013 06:57 PM

I was only getting them every once in a while. Especially when my bladder is full, but the past couple of days I've been getting a lot more. Yesterday was worse, like 4 or 5 an hour. But I came home and rested all evening and they got better.

I'm getting all kinds of new pains these past couple of days. Like pubic pain. It hurts, but the girls on the chat war thread told me it was normal in the 3 rd trimester, so I guess I just have to deal with it.

NCRG2010 October 9th, 2013 07:04 PM

Don't get them until it's time. Never had a Braxton hick ever lol

redbirds October 9th, 2013 07:08 PM

None. I honestly don't get BH (or at least, I do not feel a lick of them) or contractions until it's totally go-time (like, from nothing to contracting every 3 min to every 1 min immediately).

CherryLimeade October 9th, 2013 07:46 PM

I stay at home with my son so I'm not very active. I get a few every few days. But if go out grocery shopping, i'll get them the entire time. Probably from the walking lol.

blakesgirl09 October 9th, 2013 08:33 PM

I don't think I've ever had one. Not that. Know of anyway!

ChicaChels October 9th, 2013 09:58 PM

i had them at work one night for like 3 hours, every 15-20 minutes...but thats the only time ive ever had them outside of real labor.

hugssandi October 9th, 2013 10:04 PM

I get nothin'. Even labor is difficult to get for me.

lily26 October 10th, 2013 01:52 AM

only if i'm dehydrated i get a few braxton hiicks, but they aren't horrible... more like an annoyance.

prayingforbaby13 October 10th, 2013 03:56 AM

Luckily I haven't had any so far and no bh either.

eilla05 October 10th, 2013 07:54 PM

With Greyson I had none until I was in labor. Obviously this time with Tobias I got them 2 days ago and it landed me in L&D for 8 hours. I don't normally have contractions until it is time to get the show on the road but again guessing things might be different with Tobias because I had some yesterday but thankfully nothing today.