JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Older sibling gifts (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2687553-older-sibling-gifts.html)

Miss-Melissa-Sue October 22nd, 2013 10:47 AM

Older sibling gifts

Is anyone doing big brother and big sister gifts when the baby comes?

I am doing one for Sydney but haven't decided if it will be from me and DH or from her baby brother. She made him a bear at Build A Bear this weekend and wants to make him a fleece blanket. She wants to give them to him "when she meets him" as she put it so I think I'm leaning towards the gift being from the baby.

HorseGal October 22nd, 2013 10:51 AM

Lol I keep asking Wyatt if he wants a baby for Christmas. He gets all excited saying yes so I tell him "ok but that's all your getting!"

He's still so young yet and with Christmas so soon after, I'm not concerned. More ill just worry about making sure he doesn't feel ignored or replaced after

redbirds October 22nd, 2013 11:19 AM

Re: Older sibling gifts

I've done it with each pregnancy, and believe it or not, DD1 believes which gifts that brother and sister have given her, and DS remembers that DD2 gave him his glow-worm (seahorse). So... Yes. We'll do this one more time, but I doubt DD2 will remember what baby gives her (the others, I"m sure, will remind her).

So, the older 2 have been begging for a flashlight friend (yes, like on the commercials), so they'll each get one. I almost hope this will actually help DS go back to bed at night on his own, too! And we have a baby Cinderella doll downstairs in our stash of Christmas items we didn't use up last Christmas, and DD2 is now into baby dolls like you won't believe, so she'll get that.

As for gift FOR baby from siblings, they will all give her 1 thing together, and something cute and small at that ;) maybe a blanket buddie animal thing (the small ones for NB's) or whatever they pick out from the NB aisle.

swade66 October 22nd, 2013 11:22 AM

I would make it from the baby.

I might get something for Elizabeth and Flynn from the baby and I know they will get him/her something.

blakesgirl09 October 22nd, 2013 11:26 AM

I would really like to do something like this but DD is almost 7, I'm pretty sure that she'll know that the gift didn't come from baby! We'll have to make it her "Big Sister Gift," or something along those lines. And she, too, wants a Flashlight Friend! She already has like 3 or 4 pillow pets and a dream light, I guess we are supposed to complete the collection???

CherryLimeade October 22nd, 2013 12:18 PM

I think it's a cute idea for the gift to be from the newborn! I would do something like that, but DS will only be 18mos - too little to understand! I'm just going to focus on giving him lots of love and attention so he doesn't feel neglected when the new baby comes. He's never been jealous before when I hold other babies, though. Fx!

Oriyan October 22nd, 2013 12:20 PM

I wanna get something for DS from baby, but I have NO idea what to get. I was gonna make a cute little gift bag, but with Christmas so close, I am kinda out of options.

kayakr October 22nd, 2013 12:49 PM

hum? My DS is 15. I think I will have a little something for him as well at the hospital from us. Letting him know he'll always be my baby and my first love and what a good big brother I know he will make. Maybe it's just a card from the heart or something else - i am not sure. I need to get it figured out and have it in my bag though ready to go soon!

eilla05 October 22nd, 2013 03:16 PM

I thought about it but I have no clue what to get him (he is 6). Was going to talk to DH about it and see what his thoughts were.