JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   32 week appt..sent to l&d and being transferred. ugh (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2690934-32-week-appt-sent-to-l-and-d-and-being-transferred-ugh.html)

JulieMc November 7th, 2013 01:56 PM

32 week appt..sent to l&d and being transferred. ugh

So right now I am in l&d. I had a nst at my app...baby a did fine, b did not accelerate at all. I was also having alot of contractions. Cervix check revealed I
2-3 am 50%. Theysent me for more monitoring. I'm a bit pissed though..as soon as I got here the house on says they are sending me to another hospital with nicu. My car is stranded here and I left alll my stuff in there. Ugh. I'm still having alot of contractions.. I'll keep you all updated. It'll probably be just a night of annoyance and hassle before I get to go home.

kara74 November 7th, 2013 02:09 PM

Re: 32 week appt..sent to l&d and being transferred. ugh

Ugh that sucks! Sorry you're having to go through that. Hopefully everything goes well and you can go home tonight.

Brittanie November 7th, 2013 02:13 PM

oh no! I hope everything is okay. ((hugS))

JulieMc November 7th, 2013 02:17 PM

Babies look fine on monitors here in l&d but now my contractions are starting to get more painful. I should be settled in at the bigger hospital by 6pm et.

monkeymama2 November 7th, 2013 02:39 PM

Aw man! At least they are watching you. Keep us posted.

JulieMc November 7th, 2013 02:46 PM

Oh boy...just learned that the doc who'll be overseeing me at the other hospital is someone id seen for recurrent miscarriage, and he was a major league ***. So much so that my midwife lodge a complaint for me with the head of maternity, who was an RE and told me the doc was out of line and would be talked to and then offered to see me at no charge to make up for the awful appt with the other guy. Can my luck get any worse?! Can I request someone else or am I stuck with whoever is on call??

hugssandi November 7th, 2013 03:22 PM

(((((Julie))))) You have had enough hard times~praying over baby that doc situation right now!!!!! Will keep checking back in for your updates....

NCRG2010 November 7th, 2013 03:46 PM

Ugh good luck!

novastar222 November 7th, 2013 03:52 PM

Aww, good luck! Good thing that the babies are looking good, though. Honestly if you dislike that doctor that much, I would just ask if you could request another doctor. The worst they can do is say no and you'll have to unfortunately deal with the jerk on duty :(

TwinMamaS November 7th, 2013 03:55 PM

Good luck! Hopefully you can request a different doctor, or maybe that one has had an attitude adjustment. Keep us updated! Hope everything goes well.

bundle2baby November 7th, 2013 03:57 PM

Thinking of you {{Julie}}! I'm not sure about the hospital you're at, but I asked if I could request my OB if I had to go in to the hospital unscheduled. He said they can call him and he will make every effort to get down there as quickly as possible. Hoping you are able to get someone else. Hang in there mama! KUP

Ame C November 7th, 2013 04:14 PM

I hope everything is fine and you get to go home so you don't have to worry with the butt-head doctor!

HorseGal November 7th, 2013 04:22 PM

Hope things settle down :-/

redbirds November 7th, 2013 04:27 PM

First, about the doc... it's a conflict of interest, as he *might* recall you lodged a complaint, and that should warrant a change of docs to oversee you. I'd definitely mention that and be persistent about seeing someone else.

Second, man, what a night! I'm sorry everything was left at the other hospital. Surely, they would have recognized the hardship and worked something out or helped find a way to get it all taken care of.

((HUGS)) Hope it is just one night of annoyance and inconvenience, and you get to go home tomorrow, at the latest! Glad both babies look good on the monitors. Keep us posted and hang tight! T's &P's, mama!

Oriyan November 7th, 2013 04:53 PM

(hugs!) Hopefully its just a night of monitoring and just agitation of your cervix that is causing the contractions!

Faith=2xBlessed November 7th, 2013 05:10 PM

Lurking from Jan ddc..just wanted to say I'm praying for you and babies! Bake longer babies!! Hope everything turns out ok and you get to go home!

JulieMc November 7th, 2013 05:11 PM

The ambulance ride over was terrible, traffic was bad and they had to drive on the rumble strips..omg that hurt worse. Contractions were 2-3 min apart and still are. Cervix is still at 3. They will check again in a few hours. If I've progressed they will put me on magnesium if it looks like active labor because it helps with brain bleeds. There has been no talk of attempting to stop labor. Babies have been giving them quite the run around in the monitors so they got an ultrasound to find them....good news is they are both head down now. Might be let go late if no progress or might be kept overnight...if progress I'll be stuck. This hospital has the no. 2 nicu in the country, so if they do come early I am in thebrightbspot.

redbirds November 7th, 2013 05:29 PM

OH my! Well, good news is you are in a great hospital for their care. 32 weeks is pretty good for twins, and I hope they are further developed than most singletons at this age. Still prayin', Julie! Do you have support where you are, family, friends, etc? I hope someone can be with you!

swade66 November 7th, 2013 05:48 PM

Cross your legs and keep those babies inside!

GOOD LUCK!

SweetiePeas November 7th, 2013 05:58 PM

Glad you are at a good hospital , but hope babies can stay in a little longer.((hugs))