JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   December 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/)
-   -   BTDT moms: How long until you got back to pre preg weight? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1948-december-2013-playroom/2691208-btdt-moms-how-long-until-you-got-back-to-pre-preg-weight.html)

anybodyinthere November 8th, 2013 03:04 PM

BTDT moms: How long until you got back to pre preg weight?

Assuming you managed to do it, how long did it take? How did you do it?

It took me about 3 months and it was honestly just the breastfeeding I am guessing, although I did work out a little bit. Emphasis on the LITTLE bit, haha! Then when DS started adding some solids and I was breastfeeding him less (this happened probably 8 months pp) I gained 10 pounds back lol! Oops.

Oriyan November 8th, 2013 03:13 PM

Re: BTDT moms: How long until you got back to pre preg weight?

Lost all but 10 pounds by day 17. Had no desire to lose the last 10 pounds -- so I waited. I exercised and dieted for 6 weeks about a year later and i lost 12 pounds. I kept on 5 pounds since my first was born. ETA: I gained 45, lost 35 by day 17. I was pumping.

kara74 November 8th, 2013 03:27 PM

I lost most of the weight within a month. The last 10lbs took forever!! Like over 6 months.

Miss-Melissa-Sue November 8th, 2013 04:25 PM

I lost al but about 10 pounds within a month but was about 10 poumds underweight so I didn't try. Hopefully it comes off somewhat fast this time.

hugssandi November 8th, 2013 05:04 PM

I never have gotten back to my ORIGINAL weight. With #4 I only gained 16 pounds, so after birth I was back to my already heavy weight. This time I've gained 5 pounds, so I'll be back to my pre-even-heavier weight.

CherryLimeade November 8th, 2013 05:10 PM

I gained 60 lbs with my son, a lot of which was swelling. When my swelling finally went away around 2 weeks PP, I had dropped 30lbs. I lost about 18 more by 9 months PP, and got pregnant again :P

During m/s I made it back to my pre-preg weight, but of course I've gained all that back again lol

swade66 November 8th, 2013 05:21 PM

Not once.

I started at 140 and gained 70lbs and got back to 155. With Flynn I shot back up to 210 and after got back down to 165. Then I got pregnant again and I am back up to 210 already.

I swear my body just gains gains gains NO MATTER WHAT while I am pregnant.

THIS will be the time. THIS time I AM going to get back to 140. I HAVE TO!

Brittanie November 8th, 2013 05:41 PM

I was at or just below my prepregnancy weight walking out of the hospital every time. I don't expect that this time, being that I've gained more than I ever have before.

*~ Joni ~* November 8th, 2013 07:21 PM

All but 5 lbs by 6 weeks. The last 5 once baby weaned.

HorseGal November 8th, 2013 07:29 PM

I lost 25 of the 30 within two weeks. Sweated and bled it out I think. Plus breastfeeding. I think the last 5 was gone by 4 months post partum. Then I lost an additional 15 during my divorce. I was anorexic looking for a while.

bundle2baby November 8th, 2013 07:38 PM

I don't remember the time frame, but it was pretty fast with breastfeeding. Actually I think I lost a little too much over the three years I BF my son. I don't like the way I looked in pics and wouldn't mind hanging on to about 10 pounds.

SweetiePeas November 8th, 2013 07:41 PM

With my first I was heavy to start and lost weight during pregnancy gained back 20 and then lost 30 about by 2 months PP. Then the weight started flying off due to breastfeeding. Thats when I lost all my weight and started my 2nd pregnancy at a normal weight and gained 35 lbs and lost all of it a couple of months pp. I hope the same for this time, but I guess We will see!

redbirds November 8th, 2013 09:20 PM

BF sucks for me. My body does not want to lose. Last pregnancy, after I actually had a BABY, I didn't lose a freaking pound.

With DS, I worked out HARD and lost the 40 pounds in about a year.

With DD1, I worked out mediocre and lost about 30 pounds in a year...

So, I'm up 50 pounds from before all pregnancies, and another 18 pounds for this pregnancy and I also need to lose the 30 pounds extra I was carrying before pregnancies. :sigh: Sucks.

Ame C November 8th, 2013 10:37 PM

I gained 35 lbs during my first pregnancy. The day I got home from the hospital I had only lost 10-11 lbs. The other 25 lbs were gone within 3 months and that's with being in bed all day every day crying and only eating junk food like chips, brownies, cookies (I think it was a way of punishing myself because I was so depressed). I have a feeling I will lose the weight much faster this time.

**jessie** November 9th, 2013 01:23 AM

With my first I gained 50 lbs and it took 9-10 months to get off 45 of it (never lost the final 5, which is fine because I was too skinny before). With my second I gained 35 lbs, and it took about 5 months to get it off. And yes, I was breastfeeding both times.

hugssandi November 9th, 2013 05:01 AM

Gwynne, I am one of the lucky ones who finds it very difficult to lose while bf too. And for so many it just falls off! Not me.

Brittanie November 9th, 2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugssandi (Post 27787836)
Gwynne, I am one of the lucky ones who finds it very difficult to lose while bf too. And for so many it just falls off! Not me.

I gain while nursing, too. :/ Sucks.

CherryLimeade November 9th, 2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugssandi (Post 27787836)

Same here. Those last 12 lbs were just stuck on me.. Til I got pregnant again and dropped them in 5 weeks.

Apparently, some of us are "blessed" with bodies that think they need the extra weight to produce milk. Heh!

eilla05 November 9th, 2013 11:45 AM

With Greyson I had gained 19lbs and by 5 weeks I was down 23. I only wish I could claim some of this extra weight on babies...Last Tuesday I was up 17lbs already. Hoping it will be gone by 6-8 weeks like last time and then I will try to loose the other 40-45lbs I should have lost before ;)

blakesgirl09 November 9th, 2013 03:24 PM

I was super heavy after having DD, I was up almost 100 lbs. I lost all of that plus some in about 9 months. Then I gained quiet a bit of that back before getting pregnant this time. It had been almost 7 years! So, needless to say, I have a lot to lose now as well. It sucks and I really hope I can pull it off again!!